New CVS Coupon Policy 8/2/16

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 12:53 PM

RE: New CVS Coupon Policy 8/2/16

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AshleyL has posted more than 10 good deals
I asked a question about returns.

I tried returning a Maybelline lip product that I've used Extracare bucks on. I didn't use ANY MCF coupons, only extra bucks to pay for it nor did I get any ECB when I bought them.

The cashier looked at my receipt and said since I paid "nothing for it", I can't return the item at his store. I explained I paid extra bucks with it, and he said they can't do returns when extra bucks was used and pointed to the rule "You cannot exchange your coupons or ExtraBucks Rewards for cash or gift cards. Neither coupons nor ExtraBucks Rewards can be refunded or re-issued." I told him I wasn't exchanging anything but he wasn't having it.

I was baffled at what to say at this point. Aren't extra bucks treated as cash. Plus aren't we allowed to return items we don't want?
The Following User Says Thank You to AshleyL For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2016, 01:21 PM

zippy2u has posted more than 10 good deals
Normally, they issue a CVS cash card for anything that was paid for by such coupons. This makes sense since you paid with "store credit" and the Cash card is simply a reissue of the same store credit. I'm still quite annoyed at this unannounced and arbitrary new policy because their former lax acceptance of expired ECBs has made me less likely to buy things with such promotions. I'm doubly annoyed that I've lost $30 in ECB that were expired but that I felt certain a manager would honor. Now they've take this option away from the store staff. Welcome to the new corporate ethics.

If I were you, I'd simply go to another store and return it there. I'd tell the original guy to cancel the exchange and leave.

I haven't had any such experiences since the draconian changes to the Extra Care program that they initiated in August. If this is a universal new policy, it's going to make me increasingly leery about using them on anything but food and toilet paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to zippy2u For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2016, 08:17 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2u View Post
Thanks, monkeydawn. Perhaps somebody can delete the spam post above.
I do not see the spam post so I am guessing it was deleted. For future reference, the quickest way to get rid of spam is to use the report button to alert the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
I asked a question about returns.

I tried returning a Maybelline lip product that I've used Extracare bucks on. I didn't use ANY MCF coupons, only extra bucks to pay for it nor did I get any ECB when I bought them.

The cashier looked at my receipt and said since I paid "nothing for it", I can't return the item at his store. I explained I paid extra bucks with it, and he said they can't do returns when extra bucks was used and pointed to the rule "You cannot exchange your coupons or ExtraBucks Rewards for cash or gift cards. Neither coupons nor ExtraBucks Rewards can be refunded or re-issued." I told him I wasn't exchanging anything but he wasn't having it.

I was baffled at what to say at this point. Aren't extra bucks treated as cash. Plus aren't we allowed to return items we don't want?
The PP is correct in that what should happen is that you get cash back for what you paid OOP and then the remainder that was paid with coupons or ECBs should be returned in the form of a merchandise return credit card, like a GC but what you can buy with it is somewhat restricted. The new policy doesnt really change what was written about returns, it has always been up to management's discretion. The register for a few years now (maybe around 4 or 5 years) have had a difficult time returning anything with receipt when the OOP was less than the amount to be refunded for the item. If Ive found a cashier willing to do a return for the proper amount it has had to be done without a receipt, no one was able to get the correct amount returned with a receipt in the past several years*. Ive contacted CS in the instances where the cashier and managers could not figure out how to do the return. Retraining was promised but I have no idea if it was followed through.

Your choices are really to (in my order of preference): try another store/ cashier at this store, contact CS, just try to return without the receipt (you may get a lower value).

*There was a small period of time this past spring where I had to do a return on an item. I did it right after I purchased it and didnt get the expected ECB. The cashier was able to use the receipt to do the return (tax only OOP) and the cashier gave me cash back for the whole amount. There were other similar reports of easier returns arund that time so I was hopeful they fixed the whole low OOP return issue. Based on recent feedback, I would say it is back to broken so your cashier probably genuinely didnt know how to do the return (which is no excuse, you should still be allowed to return).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2016, 05:27 PM

markrepcriss has posted more than 400 great deals!markrepcriss has posted more than 400 great deals!markrepcriss has posted more than 400 great deals!markrepcriss has posted more than 400 great deals!markrepcriss has posted more than 400 great deals!
So we are no longer able to stack a MFR coupon with a CVS coupon (ones that we print from the CVS.com/coupon)?

I recently did a TXN earlier in the week on the U by Kotex and cashier said that soon they'll no longer be approving the stacking of a MFR and CVS coupon but scanned both coupons and let it go.

Example TXN:
(1) U by Kotex Tampons 18ct - $3.99
- $1/1 U by Kotex Sleek Tampons MFR
- $2/1 U by Kotex Pads/Tampons CVS Coupon
Total: $0.99 rec'v $1 ECB

He said CVS' new coupon policy is becoming ridiculous and that they need to either have REALLY good weekly sales or just go back to the original policy. He's down to 1-2 couponers a week than the usual 5-6 couponers a week. That says a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markrepcriss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrepcriss View Post
So we are no longer able to stack a MFR coupon with a CVS coupon (ones that we print from the CVS.com/coupon)?

I recently did a TXN earlier in the week on the U by Kotex and cashier said that soon they'll no longer be approving the stacking of a MFR and CVS coupon but scanned both coupons and let it go.

Example TXN:
(1) U by Kotex Tampons 18ct - $3.99
- $1/1 U by Kotex Sleek Tampons MFR
- $2/1 U by Kotex Pads/Tampons CVS Coupon
Total: $0.99 rec'v $1 ECB

He said CVS' new coupon policy is becoming ridiculous and that they need to either have REALLY good weekly sales or just go back to the original policy. He's down to 1-2 couponers a week than the usual 5-6 couponers a week. That says a lot.
Unless there is a change to the official policy your cashier is incorrect. It explicityly states that you may stack one mfr and one CVS coupon per item.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 01:05 PM

Thanks, monkeydawn. That's a relief.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
tylercat has posted more than 150 good deals!tylercat has posted more than 150 good deals!
Hi, all. I was in CVS the other day buying some mark downed Halloween and had a manufacturer's Q. He said CVS does not allow manu. Qs on clearance? Was he correct? Thank you!
Old 11-12-2016, 02:54 PM

He's misinterpreting the company coupon policy. There's a passage that he may be overzealously applying but as far as I understand it, it doesn't apply to manufacturer's coupons.
Quote:
CVS Pharmacy coupons generally cannot be used on sale, promotional or clearance items. Other restrictions may apply. Language at the bottom of coupons may provide additional coupon acceptance rules.
I'm pretty sure this refers to the RedBox machine coupons like 25% off Tampons where you can only apply the coupon to non-sale items, but this has always been the case. It certainly never was used to restrict the application of manufacturers' coupons. If that had been the case, nobody would shop there, ever, since their sales are rarely anything to get excited about. The only way that store is competitive with Target or WalMart is the ways that people can stack coupons and end up with slightly lower prices. Hopefully, you can shop there when that manager isn't working, or try to produce the coupon policy and ask in a polite way for a thorough explanation, because "you find this whole business confusing since you've been shopping there for years and never ran into this restriction before." Maybe if they read it, they'll realize they were misinterpreting it and be nice.

The robots aren't letting me post a link to the coupon policy as I'm relatively new here.
The Following User Says Thank You to zippy2u For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 04:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
What zippy said.

A long time ago, 6+ years ago, you didnt used to be able to use coupons on clearance. This is back when they invalidated the bar code on clearance items and just typed in the clearance price. So there would be no matching item when the coupon was scanned. But that was also back when there wasnt an official policy.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:42 AM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
What zippy said.

A long time ago, 6+ years ago, you didnt used to be able to use coupons on clearance. This is back when they invalidated the bar code on clearance items and just typed in the clearance price. So there would be no matching item when the coupon was scanned. But that was also back when there wasnt an official policy.
And even then (at least I seem to remember) some of the store employees who were knowledgeable enough knew how to enter them manually as long as they could see that the coupon was good for the item you had (which, of course was also easier as the coupons had less "fine print" on them)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillyGr For This Useful Post: