CVS Express Pickup, Anyone?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2016, 10:25 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
CVS Express Pickup, anyone?

Has anyone used the CVS Express Pickup yet? I just put in my first order as they have a $10 off code on the webpage. I bought the 3 Scott TP, total comes to $12.44 and there should be $5 ECB coming to me. Curious if anyone has used this and any issues with getting the ECB. I also got $3 ECB for downloading the app. I had $.75 off coupons for the Scott but I wasn't sure if you can use them and this was a much better deal.

paulsonja
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulsonja For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2016, 11:00 AM

RE: CVS Express Pickup, anyone?

My Mood/Status:
paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I just picked up my order. The $3 ECB I had sent to the card came off. The clerk said that as long as you have your card number saved in the app you will get the app price and any coupons sent to the card will be deducted. The $10 came off as a CVS coupon as did the ECB, resulting in a total of $8.53--which means I saved about $1 in tax. Probably won't bother doing it again as I like to browse when I shop but for the $10 it was definitely worth it--$8.53 for 36 rolls of Scott TP plus $5 ECB. The receipt prints out as a normal CVS receipt with ECBs and coupons at the end.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paulsonja For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 05:38 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the review of your experience. Last I checked it wasnt in my area yet. At checkout was there a place for you to enter/ pay with physical ECBs that you already had?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 03:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Thanks for the review of your experience. Last I checked it wasnt in my area yet. At checkout was there a place for you to enter/ pay with physical ECBs that you already had?
There was not. I'm not sure if you could call the store and ask them not to ring it up until you get there and pay with ECB there (sort of defeating the whole curbside pick up) . . . My use of curbside was primarily to get the $10 off coupon, doubt that I would use it again although it definitely is an option if you are unable to get out of the car (kids, injury, etc).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulsonja For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2016, 08:08 AM

riago23 has posted more than 5 good deals
Just tried Curbside Pickup yesterday. As long as the coupons are pre-loaded to your card the discounts will be applied. There's no way to use paper coupons or ECB's as they ring you up before your order is ready and include a paper receipt in the bag. I took advantage of an email I got with a code for $10 off any order of $10 or more. So I only had to pay sales tax.

A heads up though...If you use this service expect things not to go as instructed in the app. My order was simple, 2 of the same item. It took them over the expected hour to process it. When I got there there was no sign to designate a Curbside pickup area, only a sign promoting their flu vaccine. So I parked and went in. I waited in line and when I got to the register the cashier was confused. She thought I was there to pick up photos. I had to explain to her I had merchandise just like the 2 Curbside bags behind her. So she took my name and went and found the package. She gave it to me but asked me if there was anything she needed to do. So I guess some of the staff hasn't been informed on how to process these. She goes to the manager and the manager had to go get her iphone. She scanned the Curbside pass but never asked for ID despite the app telling me multiple times I would need to show it. So Curbside pickup took 20 minutes. I'll be taking advantage of it again if the coupon is good enough but don't go expecting it to be a real time saver.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riago23 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 12:04 AM

smaustin has posted more than 400 great deals!smaustin has posted more than 400 great deals!smaustin has posted more than 400 great deals!smaustin has posted more than 400 great deals!smaustin has posted more than 400 great deals!
I used it last weekend. My total after the express coupon and COUPONS I had loaded to my card should have been $5 + tax. However, my products rang up full price so my total was $28.00. I called and was told after I picked up the items, my receipt would show the sale price and the COUPONS off and then the amt charged to my checking acct would change. I picked up my items and my total on the receipt was $5. I'm still fighting with them 7 days later to get my $28 back as that amt never changed coming out of my checking acct. I will not use again and I'm warning all my friends to not use it....its not worth it even with that express coupon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2016, 09:49 AM

zippy2u has posted more than 10 good deals
I had problems every time I used it with Target, although I did manage to stock up on some paper products for nearly free. I expect it to be really annoying anytime I use it. For comic purposes, I recommend watching the little youtube video featuring a lovely young mother enjoying a seamless shopping experience with it.

The reality is, drive up, sit, wait. Call them, or go into the store, trying to get some help. Deal with clueless people who have no idea what's going on. The second time I used it with a similar deal, I got no discount and had to return the items to the store to get a refund. That was hardly a time-saver. I predict it's only a matter of time before this app goes belly up. Some venture capitalists are going to have a nice tax write off for this one.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I haven't tried this at CVS I have tried similar things with other places. The one business where I have been consistently happy with online or app ordering has been Panera. They rock. Everywhere else it has taken significantly more time to order through app or online. I will still do it for the right deal but I always do it knowing that my time is the price I am paying for the deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:20 PM

zippy2u has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks for letting us know about Panera. I like their food and often, it's so crowded that I've wondered about ordering online/via app in advance. They often have promotions associated with that also.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2u
Thanks for letting us know about Panera. I like their food and often, it's so crowded that I've wondered about ordering online/via app in advance. They often have promotions associated with that also.
It's so neat. You just go in and grab your item off of the shelf. You don't need to interact/ wait for anyone. It's especially nice when you get the FREE X everyday this month promo and you don't want to deal with a cashier on a $0 Trxn (not that they've ever been nasty to me there with a $0 total, but still).

I have the FREE bagel every day this month promo but haven't made it in once yet. Been traveling all month and not bear Paneras. Might hit it today.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2016, 05:07 PM

There's a bit of Saving in all of us.

My Mood/Status:
golfinchick2004 has posted more than 100 good deals!golfinchick2004 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have a friend that is an assistant CVS manager. He says he has an app on his phone that he has to keep watching for when the curbside pickup person is arriving. Then he usually has to make sure that he runs out to the counter or someone is there to deliver the item to the customer. His store has a dedicated parking spot with sign for curbside pickup. My two stores locally have nothing like that. I saw a sign in one store saying they weren't honoring a specific curbside pickup coupon so I have been hesitant to give it a shot. Plus, the majority of the coupons I use are from the paper and I wouldn't be able to use those with the curbside service. Maybe in time the curbside service will only be at stores with staff who are properly trained.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:49 AM

I Love Coupons

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is this rolling out nationwide? I haven't seen it at our local CVS.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:51 AM

I Love Coupons

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
I haven't tried this at CVS I have tried similar things with other places. The one business where I have been consistently happy with online or app ordering has been Panera. They rock. Everywhere else it has taken significantly more time to order through app or online. I will still do it for the right deal but I always do it knowing that my time is the price I am paying for the deal.

I keep getting deals to use the Panera online ordering. I haven't tried the program yet. Thanks for letting us know that it is easy and worthwhile to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to treasurehouse For This Useful Post: