Dead Deal!!! Up To $21.86 MMer On Neutrogena!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 06:11 AM

RE: Dead Deal!!! Up to $21.86 MMer on Neutrogena!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drich View Post
My store is no longer writing rainchecks for Neutrogena bars so you can get the extra bucks. They told me that since there are "other" Neutrogena products, you can get the EB still..

Thoughts..?
They have the right to do this. But, you have the right to shop at other stores and possibly get your raincheck. Calling CS will only alert them to freebie deals and/or mess up your relationship with that store. Just my opinion, but save the CS call and just go to a different CVS.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1littlemiracle For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I don't think my CVS carries the bars.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 AM

sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlemiracle View Post

They have the right to do this. But, you have the right to shop at other stores and possibly get your raincheck. Calling CS will only alert them to freebie deals and/or mess up your relationship with that store. Just my opinion, but save the CS call and just go to a different CVS.
Can you explain why they have the right to do this? It hasn't been advertised lately but if it were in the ad, how can they refuse a raincheck? Id it bad that cs knows about a free deal
Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatinaclef View Post

Can you explain why they have the right to do this? It hasn't been advertised lately but if it were in the ad, how can they refuse a raincheck? Id it bad that cs knows about a free deal
The store has the right to limit quantities for any sale item. Many choose not to, and will offer rainchecks. As for CS knowing about free items, in some cases they will eliminate the item from the upcs counting for the deal. Some stores have already removed the tags from the tote bags and are just handing them out when a customer buys three items. Some stores aren't restocking the bars until the promo is over.
As for calling CS, that's completely up to you. I just prefer to handle these type issues on the store level, or district level. There's nothing worse than being followed around the store and scrutinized every time you walk into a store because you called CS and reported them. Again, totally up to you. My post wasn't intended to upset you or anyone else.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 AM

Luvpurses88 has posted more than 50 good deals
Has anyone noticed that they raised the prices in the bars? They used to be 3.39 and are now 3.59...
Old 05-28-2014, 11:01 AM

sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sonatinaclef has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:

The store has the right to limit quantities for any sale item. Many choose not to, and will offer rainchecks. As for CS knowing about free items, in some cases they will eliminate the item from the upcs counting for the deal. Some stores have already removed the tags from the tote bags and are just handing them out when a customer buys three items. Some stores aren't restocking the bars until the promo is over.
As for calling CS, that's completely up to you. I just prefer to handle these type issues on the store level, or district level. There's nothing worse than being followed around the store and scrutinized every time you walk into a store because you called CS and reported them. Again, totally up to you. My post wasn't intended to upset you or anyone else.
No no you didn't upset me. I understand limiting quantaties. I don't understand if I'm truly just a shower and not a couponer, how can they refuse to give out a raincheck for the item? Yes some have refused to restock but that's no good because people with rcs will just use then once they do. Lol. And about the free item, wow I didn't know that.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonatinaclef For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

No no you didn't upset me. I understand limiting quantaties. I don't understand if I'm truly just a shower and not a couponer, how can they refuse to give out a raincheck for the item? Yes some have refused to restock but that's no good because people with rcs will just use then once they do. Lol. And about the free item, wow I didn't know that.
Since the bars aren't on sale, and they only get a limited amount of the totes and stated there's limited quantities of the totes, I guess that's the store's reasoning for no rainchecks. Also, with other items available for the same deal, they can justify not issuing rain checks. The fact that they're being jerks about it is a big deal to us, but idk if it's a legitimate complaint in the eyes of CS.
This is why, when a mm deal comes up, its best to try to max out asap. I really dislike having to argue with cashiers and management over any deal. I live in a fairly small town, so my options of going to another store are limited.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Since the bars aren't on sale, and they only get a limited amount of the totes and stated there's limited quantities of the totes, I guess that's the store's reasoning for no rainchecks. Also, with other items available for the same deal, they can justify not issuing rain checks. The fact that they're being jerks about it is a big deal to us, but idk if it's a legitimate complaint in the eyes of CS.
This is why, when a mm deal comes up, its best to try to max out asap. I really dislike having to argue with cashiers and management over any deal. I live in a fairly small town, so my options of going to another store are limited.
Yes my store(s) have been writing them without the totes. I can see your reasoning about the small town. I go to four different stores regularly. But what if you don't want the other items? It's crazy i say
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

Yes my store(s) have been writing them without the totes. I can see your reasoning about the small town. I go to four different stores regularly. But what if you don't want the other items? It's crazy i say
I agree. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut, but I try. If it's something I really want or need, I'll go to stores in other areas. Of course, then I get to justify the trip by shopping (couponing) until I drop. Lol. Those trips don't happen every week, but the cashiers notice if I haven't been there in a week or two, especially if I've had to address some issue at the local store.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:55 PM

ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Still working as of today. However, the cashier said that the bag is sold out, and she does not seem too happy about it or want to talk about it, so...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (59.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (41.5 KB, 51 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ngo1331 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngo1331 View Post
Still working as of today. However, the cashier said that the bag is sold out, and she does not seem too happy about it or want to talk about it, so...
She don't want to talk about it? What kind of nonsense?
Old 05-28-2014, 01:52 PM

ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ngo1331 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I dont know what happened. Never had a chance to get any bag since the deal started. I just asked if they have any of the bags or if they are moved to a different place. I am sure I saw these bags in this store before. She just said "It is sold out" then turned around. Oh well... I need to roll my $15 ECBs and this is a good way, now I have a single $20 ECBs
Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I got a RC for the bag when the deal was very new. The ad did say that quantities of the bag were limited but the store that gave the RC hadnt received any bags yet, I believe that is why I was given a RC. They didnt even know if they were getting the bags in, it seemed beyond their control, but felt like since it wasnt like they had sold out that I could get the RC. I wouldnt expect a store to give a RC on the bags now if they were out.

As far as the bars I would expect that I could get a RC if the store had signage up, none around here do. In the past I have had a hard time using RCs and CS has always backed up the store. CS seems to allow a LOT of discretion on the part of store managers as far as RCs on monthly items that arent in the ad the week you received your RC. It got as far as the shift supervisor accusing me of making up the RC, causing a scene in front of several other customers and I never really even got an apology for that. I still have a bit of PTSD when I go to use a RC with the exception of a few cashiers that know me well. So I would probably ask for a RC if signs were up but if the store refused I would just let it drop and try a different store or shift.

As far as contacting CS on deals that might be glitches, generally I wouldnt. The more calls and complaints, the more likely something is to be shut down. So if something is free or better but not advertised as such I wouldnt normally contact CS. I guess on this deal it couldnt hurt to try your luck with CS because early on this deal CS tweaked the deal and then tweaked it back to a friendlier version. But I wouldnt expect to get far with CS on the bars/ ECB and I would expect nothing with respect to a RC for a bag. If the store is trying to limit you to one bag, then CS might be able to help but I wouldnt talk about the items I bought. I would just ask a general question like "If I buy 6 qualifying N items, can I get 2 bags...or are the bags limited to 1/person?". And I would do it via email so that I could show the store when CS writes back I can get more than one bag (and so there is less back and forth questioning).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 04:23 PM

I am ok with not getting the FREE bag for every 3 items bought. I have done the deal 3 times without it. However, there is no signage even for the regular Neutrogena items.

I just thought CVS would have ordered more bags for the promotion in general.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 PM

drich has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Wow. Call CS and complain. We all know there are other items we can get but that's the beauty of it. The bars were included and couponers know how to get the free stuff. I'm sure only couponers are getting this. Hate when stores make up their own rules. Its not their money. Bottom line I would have called cs so darn fast, prolly still in the store in front of them. Rant over
I didn't want to ruin my relationship with the store over that so I am not placing a call to CS. I just thought rainchecks could be issued for this deal. Plus, at our store someone was abusing this deal so they had to stop issuing rainchecks. One person always ruins it for all.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:13 PM

drich has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
That's exactly what I did. I went to another store and got a raincheck. This was the first time I had problem with rainchecks. But, it because someone was abusing the deal so they stopped issuing rainchecks for the bars. I found out about it today with a nicer manager.
The Following User Says Thank You to drich For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 PM

buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!buyitlow has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Wow, I went in to one of the 5 CVSs I've been checking regularly since this deal began and they had at least 15 in stock. I could not believe it. I found 1 bar previously so today I bought 5 more and left more than happy with $20 ECBs. Didn't see totes anywhere in the store, but who cares - the soap was free.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:52 PM

hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hereimagain has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyitlow View Post
Wow, I went in to one of the 5 CVSs I've been checking regularly since this deal began and they had at least 15 in stock. I could not believe it. I found 1 bar previously so today I bought 5 more and left more than happy with $20 ECBs. Didn't see totes anywhere in the store, but who cares - the soap was free.
Is it still 3 per transaction?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:43 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is today the last day or will it not work today?
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarza
Is today the last day or will it not work today?
I believe facial care is bogo fifty percent off next week. Based on that I would guess the monthly isn't continuing. Therefore the deal wouldn't work after ea. unless the deal does continue, then you get an even better deal because of the sale. Basically, it's a try it and see scenario.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2014, 06:45 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks! I wanted to get 3 bars but I wasn't sure if the $10 ecb would print. I didn't see signs anywhere so nothing to tell the cashier about possibly returning them If I didn't get the ecb. My store doesnt early activate.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarza
Thanks! I wanted to get 3 bars but I wasn't sure if the $10 ecb would print. I didn't see signs anywhere so nothing to tell the cashier about possibly returning them If I didn't get the ecb. My store doesnt early activate.
you should be good the if no Ea.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2014, 06:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Hadia has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I do not see any information to say if it continues this month or not

Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
It was fun while it lasted! No more tracking, dead deal.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
It was fun while it lasted! No more tracking, dead deal.
Funny how I've seen the totes in three stores since this is dead.