Problem With Viggle E-Gift Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Ambermariex has posted more than 150 good deals!Ambermariex has posted more than 150 good deals!
Problem with Viggle E-Gift card

Ok, So the other day I bought 2 $5 CVS cards on Viggle. I printed out the papers and put them in my coupon folder. So Monday I went to go use one at a CVS I frequent. My total was $0.89 and I handed over the paper. He was confused but the cashier and manager looked at it used it. The manager said that he used $.89 and my balance was $4.11 which was reflected in my receipt. Today I went and tried to use the paper again and this store said I could only use the full balance, which was $5. ( I think i may have accidentally used the other paper.) I of course said no because my total was $.59...

So, my question is this. Who was right? I assumed that they would give me a real gift card with the balance but that appears to be not true. Can it be used in multiple transactions? Is the 2nd store crazy? Am I crazy? Has anyone else had problems?

(Yeah, thats more than one question, but today is one of those days where only 1/7 things went the way it was supposed to.... and even that was not really what I wanted/expected but hey!)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM

RE: Problem with Viggle E-Gift card

hagenbud has posted more than 100 good deals!hagenbud has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermariex
Ok, So the other day I bought 2 $5 CVS cards on Viggle. I printed out the papers and put them in my coupon folder. So Monday I went to go use one at a CVS I frequent. My total was $0.89 and I handed over the paper. He was confused but the cashier and manager looked at it used it. The manager said that he used $.89 and my balance was $4.11 which was reflected in my receipt. Today I went and tried to use the paper again and this store said I could only use the full balance, which was $5. ( I think i may have accidentally used the other paper.) I of course said no because my total was $.59...

So, my question is this. Who was right? I assumed that they would give me a real gift card with the balance but that appears to be not true. Can it be used in multiple transactions? Is the 2nd store crazy? Am I crazy? Has anyone else had problems?

(Yeah, thats more than one question, but today is one of those days where only 1/7 things went the way it was supposed to.... and even that was not really what I wanted/expected but hey!)
I use the printed paper multiple times without any problem. They hand it back and I make a note on it for how much is left and then I can use it again. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to hagenbud For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You can use it multiple times. It even tells them how to do it. They must not be familiar with them. Guess you are going to have to educate them. Lol
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Once upon a time.....The End!

My Mood/Status:
tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tg1988 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermariex View Post

The 2nd store is completely wrong. These are just like any other CVS gift card. They can be used in as many transactions as long as you have the fund to cover it.

Also you can use multiple in 1 transactions. If your total is $6 and you have (2) $5 gift cards. you can use both and the last will have a remaining balance of $4.
The Following User Says Thank You to tg1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Ambermariex has posted more than 150 good deals!Ambermariex has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks guys. Next time I use it at a good store ill make sure to ask how exactly to do it in case the other store does not know.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just tagging on to confirm that they are like regular gift cards in that they may be used multiple times. There are printable gift cards where the whole balance must be used in one trxn but Viggle isnt one of them.

For these make certain you print the whole page because the instructions are at the very bottom and I have found that a lot of CVS cashiers need the instructions on these.

Also be careful that you get the card back if there is a balance. After scanning 137 coupons, the cashier may just stick it on the pile of coupons instead of giving it back. I think this is usually more of a habit thing in that printed things usually dont go back to the customer. I have had a couple of cashier argue that they were supposed to keep it. I just explained that that it was the same as a plastic gift card and why would it tell you the balance left if you were supposed to keep it...how could I use the balance. That's always been enough to get them to give it back.

Lately I have had a couple of managers try to refuse it because I only have a balance of less than $5, thinking it was a coupon. I always explain as I hand it over that it is an electronic gift card and the instructions are at the bottom of the page if they have never encountered an electronic gift card before, blah, blah, blah. One was pretty rude about it. He said "cant you even pay $0.30?" I said that I was trying to. "This (picks up viggle card) is the same as this (picks up plastic gift card). Are you telling me I cant pay the balance with a gift card?" He was pretty embarrassed and started asking the others if they had ever seen a Viggle card before. Some said yes, some looked at him funny. Several of the cashiers and I swap app tips so I knew most of them did know about Viggle.

So you may encounter some resistance as the stores learn about it. But just keep reiterating that it is the same as a plastic gift card and you will eventually get through to most of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM

liab123 has posted more than 25 good deals
My usual CVs that I go to will scan the gift card on my phone. And it scans fine. Saves me ink. But when i do print them out n use it at another cvs, they seem lost and sometimes they try scanning it and it beeps they will not take it. Hate it when that happens cuz then I would have
To pay with cash.
The Following User Says Thank You to liab123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liab123 View Post
My usual CVs that I go to will scan the gift card on my phone. And it scans fine. Saves me ink. But when i do print them out n use it at another cvs, they seem lost and sometimes they try scanning it and it beeps they will not take it. Hate it when that happens cuz then I would have
To pay with cash.
That's good to know that is an option. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Thanks guys. Today I went to another store and the cashier laughed when I told her about yesterday. She showed me how to do it so now I'm a pro.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Stay-at-Home Mom of 2

My Mood/Status:
cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I got accused of using fraud coupon becoz of the viggle egift card. My total balance was $15.xx so i handed my 3 $5 viggle egift card to the cashier. my cashier didn't know how to use so she asked the supervisor and the supervisor got nasty about it and keep saying out loud that i could only use one and she doesn't know how i got more So i just paid my OOP in cash. After a week i came back and use another viggle egift card with the same cashier but i had to teach her what to do with their register, she listened to me and it went through just fine. She was like "oh you figured it out" )

So blessed with my DH and 2 little angels

Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We're definitely training some cashiers with these. They assume it's a coupon and when it doesn't work they get testy.

I tell them before I hand it over. This is an electronic gift card I bought from CVS.com so you'll to apply this as a gift card payment. Instructions are at the bottom. Never had a problem.

If you still get resistance I would call customer service in the store. I wouldn't pay anything OOP - its their stores gift card and they need to learn how to apply it.