My Cute Grandmother

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cruisinmel has posted more than 100 good deals!cruisinmel has posted more than 100 good deals!
My cute grandmother

I thought this was funny so I will share.. I stopped by my grandparents house (80,82) to drop off some shampoo and body wash. She said thanks...but, "you and all Your coupon friends are going to put cvs out of business" the best part is she was 1000 % serious.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM

RE: My cute grandmother

Little Busy-Bee

My Mood/Status:
Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hahaha. Too funny

Sarah mommy to three precious girls
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Monihorgos has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
hubby says the same thing )
Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM

loving coupons

My Mood/Status:
opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I love CVS!!! I hope they will never ever ever go out of business!
The Following User Says Thank You to opal258 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I'm behind someone spending $30 or $40, I know they're making enough profit off them to cover me too!
The Following User Says Thank You to lms28023 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Luckily,there are always people paying full price. Just yesterday, the lady in front of me buying tons Halloween stuff, no kidding, TONS, but she received a $29.50 EB, did not know on what though.

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
A devoting wife
to a wonderful Coastie
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowercafe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
iluvdef has posted more than 200 great deals!iluvdef has posted more than 200 great deals!iluvdef has posted more than 200 great deals!
my dad who is 73 always asks me how much "I ripped CVS for this time" I just laugh at him everytime!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluvdef For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 PM

Loving the CVS deals!

savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowercafe View Post
Luckily,there are always people paying full price. Just yesterday, the lady in front of me buying tons Halloween stuff, no kidding, TONS, but she received a $29.50 EB, did not know on what though.
That was probably her quarterly ECB for overspending so much through the last few months! I hear people tell the cashier all of the time that they don't have a card. I would like to scan mine for them, but I'm always afraid my ecb will print at the bottom of the receipt and they'll want to keep it.

Mama to
(5 months),
(4),
(10),
(12), and
(16), & wife to:
Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Previous comments are so right, I would think they get more non-couponers in the long run and their mark-up is huge, so I don't see them going anywhere no time soon My DH loves when I go to CVS and come home with a trunk full of stuff
to Miguel
, Mom to Destiny (17)
and Esael (15)
, We Have 5
, 1
and FINALLY after 12 years welcomed
which makes us
The Following User Says Thank You to SPOILEDTCANGEL For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Nerdy

My Mood/Status:
RebekahL.Parks has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingmamaof4 View Post
That was probably her quarterly ECB for overspending so much through the last few months! I hear people tell the cashier all of the time that they don't have a card. I would like to scan mine for them, but I'm always afraid my ecb will print at the bottom of the receipt and they'll want to keep it.
I was telling the exact same thing to my Dad today! Last week there was a guy who didn't have a card but was buying stuff that would have printed ECBs and I so tempted to scan my card for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to RebekahL.Parks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Loving the CVS deals!

savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOILEDTCANGEL View Post
Previous comments are so right, I would think they get more non-couponers in the long run and their mark-up is huge, so I don't see them going anywhere no time soon My DH loves when I go to CVS and come home with a trunk full of stuff
The part about mark-up is so true! There is one shift manager at my CVS that gets mad every time I use coupons. She makes the remark EVERY time that CVS is going to stop taking coupons soon because they are aggravating and causing her too much trouble. (This is usually when the coupon is over $10 and she has to scan her card. She thinks she will get in trouble for scanning her card for coupons.) I always tell her that's fine, but when the day comes that CVS no longer accepts coupons, I'll no longer shop CVS because of the price mark-up on everything. She just gives me a dirty look and finishes my transaction. (She has yet to find anything wrong with my coupon usage and it just kills her )

Mama to
(5 months),
(4),
(10),
(12), and
(16), & wife to:
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM

bholt934 has posted more than 25 good deals
I work at my local CVS and I love my job! My coworkers and I all coupon. I helped a man use coupons the other day just so he could afford diapers and toilet paper..but back on topic! CVS loves couponers and they will not turn them away! In my store, about half the customers use a couple coupons or EB. A lot of people want nothing to do with the CVS CRTs or EB. I hate throwing them away! We only have 5-7 who plan transactions and use multiple coupons though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bholt934 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 PM

Dacil has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinmel
I thought this was funny so I will share.. I stopped by my grandparents house (80,82) to drop off some shampoo and body wash. She said thanks...but, "you and all Your coupon friends are going to put cvs out of business" the best part is she was 1000 % serious.
Awwww how cute!!

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 10-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Queenjen has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholt934
I work at my local CVS and I love my job! My coworkers and I all coupon. I helped a man use coupons the other day just so he could afford diapers and toilet paper..but back on topic! CVS loves couponers and they will not turn them away! In my store, about half the customers use a couple coupons or EB. A lot of people want nothing to do with the CVS CRTs or EB. I hate throwing them away! We only have 5-7 who plan transactions and use multiple coupons though.
I love my cvs employees who coupon. I'll tell you, I have been on some serious pain meds this week with my tonsils being taken out, and I told my cashier "make sure I am using these all right" because the meds have me so messed up. I showed her how to coupon I have a few others I have helped too. I actually helped on girl buying a bunch of makeup today figure out how to use ECbs. It still about killed me to see her spend so much on them!

A couple months ago when the acucheck nano were free (+5/25 qs) my cashier mentioned how she needed one and I gave it to her. She floats between stores, so I see her everywhere. I love to run into her.

I hope this wasn't to "jumpy" between subjects .
Old 10-06-2012, 05:54 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!laurelgurl26 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
That is too cute
Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Grounded for Life

1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!1AK has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I got my cute grandmother into clipping Qs and donating them to the elderly.. she was in her 80's at the time ... is that sweet or what ? She was an inspiration!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AK
I got my cute grandmother into clipping Qs and donating them to the elderly.. she was in her 80's at the time ... is that sweet or what ? She was an inspiration!
That is just toooooo sweet!

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
A devoting wife
to a wonderful Coastie
Old 10-24-2012, 01:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
NachoLover has posted more than 50 good deals
I just have to think about how many prescriptions we get each month from CVS and then I realize that they will NEVER go out of business! I did a survey the other day for CVS and it asked how many prescriptions I've gotten from them for my family over the last 6 months. I calculated it at about 70, but after I completed the survey I started thinking about ones I forgot to count in that number. You can let your grandma know that CVS will be just fine. .

Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM

Deals on 3 Wheels!

My Mood/Status:
recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
"CVS rang in $107 billion in revenue in 2011, compared to Walgreens’ $72 billion" -- from yahoo article.

They're doing just fine!

Riding those savings home !!

The Following User Says Thank You to recumbentrider For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM

ftomasze has posted more than 200 great deals!ftomasze has posted more than 200 great deals!ftomasze has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentrider
"CVS rang in $107 billion in revenue in 2011, compared to Walgreens' $72 billion" -- from yahoo article.

They're doing just fine!
No one should feel bad walking out with free stuff. $107 billion is obnoxious. I want more % off coups!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ftomasze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
NachoLover has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm pretty sure that my family's prescriptions alone accounted for about $40 billion of that. You're welcome CVS!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
an elderly friend of mine was checking out the other day when i went into cvs, she was buying cvs brand 81mg aspirins...paying full price and it killed me not to stop her from buying them knowing that i have a ton of it FREE at my house!! I think i'll gather some up and drop it off to her. save her some money for the future. I wish i could teach everyone how to save money!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
cruisinmel has posted more than 100 good deals!cruisinmel has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftomasze

No one should feel bad walking out with free stuff. $107 billion is obnoxious. I want more % off coups!!!!
Wow..that's a ton of loot...makes me not feel so bad
The Following User Says Thank You to cruisinmel For This Useful Post: