Problem Using Bogo Coupon And 3/2 Coupon On Olay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!
problem using bogo coupon and 3/2 coupon on olay

I went to cvs tonight to finish up my transactions and I was going to get 4 cleansers 4 bodywash 2 coke and 3 cards. When the cashier (I believe she was a shift manager) went to scan the coupons she said I didn't have enough product to use the 4 bogo coupons and 2 3/2s because the bogo coupon is for both the cleanser and bodywash and so I had to chose which coupon to use. I tried explaining the bogo was fir just the bodywash and cleansers coupon was for cleansers. She kept asking me if I understood like I was stupid. I was flustered because it was a big transaction so I just had her void it. How embarrassing.

I went to another store and was wrong up by another shift supervisor and was questioned again. This time I was ticked off so I told her I called corporate and was told that bogo coupon only attacks to bodywash and therefore the 3/2 could ne used on the cleanser. She seemed frustrated so she scanned coupons and items again - I think she was trying to see if the bogo coupon attached to both bodywash and cleanser and it didn't so she put it through. Ahhhh what issues. Anyone else running into this problem or have any words of advice?
The Following User Says Thank You to michellewillis314 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM

RE: problem using bogo coupon and 3/2 coupon on olay

michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Holy typos. Sorry about that. Hopefully you can get the idea despite the typos
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
QuickFrost has posted more than 25 good deals
I used all of those and didn't have a problem. Sorry you did!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 PM

sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!
This exact same scenario happened to me. I literally argued with the cashier and said in so many words just scan the couponing. If they beep they beep but if not its good. My cashier had the nerve to say I'll do it for you this time because there was a line. All the other cashiers just scan them. I've done the deal like 6 times now
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 PM

anajc has posted more than 1 good deal
im hesitant to try....i had enough of a problem using just the get free coupon buying wipes... cashier stated i cant give you that. the body wash costs way more than the wipes...she went to ask someone and they said yes too much plus it has to be a cleanser...didnt want to argue since its my local cvs so just left.. tried again at a different cvs near school and they called manager over... same things stated but manager agreed that it was okay...

it is hard because i get flustered too

the other day i went to do biore and i had the 25 percent off...same cashier was there and i asked her does the 25 % work on price cuts...she said no...i decided i would try to it to not wonder but i didnt want to end up with big bill if it didnt... i wasted my planned transaction but i at least know for the future...

so what do you guys do when you see its the same cashier everytime that simply annoys you...im at the point that if i walk in and see her im gonna turn right back around jaja
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I got the story through the typos, some of them were kinda funny (attacking bodywash!)

Anyway... If I have trouble at one spot one time I usually just let it go. If it's persistent, though, and the same kind of issue then I've called customer service. Just explain to them what the situation is and ask if they give the store or the DM a courtesy call to correct the problem. It doesn't have to be in a complain-y or an angry way, either. They've always been happy to do it for me (and they don't tell on you when they call), and there have been lots of people here that have had the same
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I bought them tonight using the same coupons. Bought 4 used 2 b1g1 and 2 $3/2 and 3 $3/$15 AND a 25% my total was actually negative $6 something so I told my mom to just throw her purchase in with mine paid about $2!! My CVS is very coupon friendly and most of the cashiers already know me. This doesn't happen at most other stores but my CVS is great. Sorry that happened to you.

Super Duper Couper

My Mood/Status:
Joyofmommyhood has posted more than 200 great deals!Joyofmommyhood has posted more than 200 great deals!Joyofmommyhood has posted more than 200 great deals!
I've done this deal many times this week and not 1 problem. I just say: thats for the body wash and these are for the cleansers. "
Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anajc
im hesitant to try....i had enough of a problem using just the get free coupon buying wipes... cashier stated i cant give you that. the body wash costs way more than the wipes...she went to ask someone and they said yes too much plus it has to be a cleanser...didnt want to argue since its my local cvs so just left.. tried again at a different cvs near school and they called manager over... same things stated but manager agreed that it was okay...

the other day i went to do biore and i had the 25 percent off...same cashier was there and i asked her does the 25 $ work on price cuts...she said no...i decided i would try to it to not wonder but i didnt want to end up with big bill if it didnt... i wasted my planned transaction but i at least know for the future...

so what do you guys do when you see its the same cashier everytime that simply annoys you...im at the point that if i walk in and see her im gonna turn right back around jaja
I have a cashier like that at one of the two main cvs's I frequent most often. After the last fiasco I stated to myself that if I see her I'm going to walk out the store. The only problem with this is that once I walk into that store I have to walk all the way around the store to get out. Ugh. So frustrating.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Thank You

I think I am just going to stick to "I have called corporate to verify" that 2nd shift manager got all huffy with me but as soon as I said that she put it through. I just hate to be treated like I am doing something wrong or stupid like I do not understand . I try to explain but some cashiers just give you a hard time and will not budge. It makes you feel defeated. I don't want to have to call corporate to get cashiers, or even shift managers for that matter, to follow their policy. I think I will be printing the policy and keeping it with me for any future issues. I just had arguing or feeling like I have to justify the coupons I use. It would be a lot more helpful if customer service was actually open evening and weekends when I have to do my shopping. I live too far from town to go to the store during the week (especially with gas prices). I am glad to hear others did not have any issues. I am going to take a deep breathe, relax and try again tomorrow. Hopefully I will have better luck because I have a bunch of coupons left to use and only 1 day to do it.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!
i did this deal like 15 times and only had issues 2x

once the cashier basically had the same problem as your cashier - but i just stood there and kept stating that the 3/2 is a coupon for the item that are not "free" she finally scanned and of course it worked

store #2 cashier actually accused me of coupon fraud!! and how she can loose her job ....to which i stated "these are clearly coupons from the sunday paper and how can it be fraud!!

oh well problems with 2 out of 15 is not that bad i guess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3/22/12 to a

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.: SAHM to a
3 month old baby girl (6-18-13)

Last edited by yarmoly5; 03-23-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!
Just FYI (as I don't see it mentioned and there are many "newbies" reading), there ARE B1G1 coupons that DO "attach" to both items -- this would not apply to all B1G1 situations.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 03-24-2012, 08:14 AM

ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewillis314
I went to cvs tonight to finish up my transactions and I was going to get 4 cleansers 4 bodywash 2 coke and 3 cards. When the cashier (I believe she was a shift manager) went to scan the coupons she said I didn't have enough product to use the 4 bogo coupons and 2 3/2s because the bogo coupon is for both the cleanser and bodywash and so I had to chose which coupon to use. I tried explaining the bogo was fir just the bodywash and cleansers coupon was for cleansers. She kept asking me if I understood like I was stupid. I was flustered because it was a big transaction so I just had her void it. How embarrassing.

I went to another store and was wrong up by another shift supervisor and was questioned again. This time I was ticked off so I told her I called corporate and was told that bogo coupon only attacks to bodywash and therefore the 3/2 could ne used on the cleanser. She seemed frustrated so she scanned coupons and items again - I think she was trying to see if the bogo coupon attached to both bodywash and cleanser and it didn't so she put it through. Ahhhh what issues. Anyone else running into this problem or have any words of advice?
I did this deal at different CVS stores by me and I encountered 2 issues - 1. The cashier needed manager approval which was fine the manager is great and he went on to say his gf favorite show is extreme couponing so he understands some of the lingo. Lol I wasn't offended that's my fav store.
2. A cashier said the body wash is more expensive than the cleanser. Yup it is but she completed transaction without manager intervention.

I do know of cashiers that will give me trouble so I either avoid them or make sure my transaction is straight forward. I do have a number of CVS stores that I can go to so that helps.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 AM

ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!ltalmadge77 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anajc

the other day i went to do biore and i had the 25 percent off...same cashier was there and i asked her does the 25 % work on price cuts...she said no...i decided i would try to it to not wonder but i didnt want to end up with big bill if it didnt... i wasted my planned transaction but i at least know for the future...

The % off coupons work on regular price items and the Biore is regular price this week and get ECBs when buy 2 so the coupon should work with no problems. The Biore isn't a price cut so not technically on sale. I compare the yellow sale sticker to the shelf price and if the same then % off coupons should work with no problems.

I do avoid some cashiers but there are times when I can't avoid them and just stick by my transaction.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Saving $$$ in PA :)

My Mood/Status:
jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jackie1028 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'll be trying the Olay deal finally today (last day for $3.99 facial wipes sale). I recall doing this exact same deal last year around this time w/ no problem. My CVS is coupon friendly (which I appreciate) & they know me there. I've only got 1 of the $3/2 facial cleansers (2/12/12 RP) + I'll use 2 of the free bw wyb cleanser (March P&G). I'm hoping it works again this year:

2 Olay facial wipes @ 3.99 = 7.98
2 Olay bw @ 6.99 = 13.98

Use 1 $3/2 facial cleansers
Use 2 Free bw wyb cleanser

I figure it will be 4.98 + tax & I'll use a $5 ECB....shouldn't be much oop.

The only issue I could see in this Olay deal is the question of whether or not facial wipes are considered facial cleanser.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have used this coupon combo several times. I have only had trouble once. Cashier and manager were both rather condescending and didnt seem to be listening to my explanation. I saw I was getting no where with them and decided to just take the $3 coupon to another CVS and get it post redeemed as a 'missed coupon'. I emailed CS last night about that store not understanding the coupon and the attitude of the employees.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Is there anywhere in their coupon policy that states both coupons can be used? I was thinking about printing and bringing it along but I am not sure if it will help.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Maybe the part where it says one manufacturers coupon per item?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 AM

caramelhunie has posted more than 75 good deals!
I did this deal a few times this wk and had the same issue as you at 1 store. When the cashier saw my coupons, she jumped on the phone to call the manager and was telling him how I'm purchasing a $3.99 cleanser and the body wash costs $7.99 and then she goes on to tell him with attitude "and THEN she has a coupon for $3 off 2 cleansers"...basically he told her that I could use only 1 coupon. In the end I had her void everything and I told her that I did this same transaction when it was on sale 2 wks before and that I'll go to another cvs which is exactly what I did and had no problems. Now I know which cvs to avoid!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM

CajunCouponQueen has posted more than 300 great deals!CajunCouponQueen has posted more than 300 great deals!CajunCouponQueen has posted more than 300 great deals!CajunCouponQueen has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1028 View Post
I'll be trying the Olay deal finally today (last day for $3.99 facial wipes sale). I recall doing this exact same deal last year around this time w/ no problem. My CVS is coupon friendly (which I appreciate) & they know me there. I've only got 1 of the $3/2 facial cleansers (2/12/12 RP) + I'll use 2 of the free bw wyb cleanser (March P&G). I'm hoping it works again this year:

2 Olay facial wipes @ 3.99 = 7.98
2 Olay bw @ 6.99 = 13.98

Use 1 $3/2 facial cleansers
Use 2 Free bw wyb cleanser

I figure it will be 4.98 + tax & I'll use a $5 ECB....shouldn't be much oop.

The only issue I could see in this Olay deal is the question of whether or not facial wipes are considered facial cleanser.

Ive done this transaction atleast 8 times and only ran into a problem on friday when I tried to do it with a cashier who was obviously a c-unit.... She told me "this is a face cloth, not a face cleanser"... I said, "oh so what exactly does the face cloth do to your face?? or should I call your corporate office to find out?" She then called a manager who explained the situation and she said "shed do it for me, just this one time"
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM

I'm OLD! My 12 yr old is taller than me and asked...

My Mood/Status:
SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SmoochTheCook has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Phew! Add me to the group of people who get flustered! I end up paying more than I know I should when that happens, so I've started going mainly when the stores aren't busy...I have one RA open until midnight that I typically visit around 11pm.

My olay coupons turned into a big hassle at RA actually. I had a really long term CVS employee ringing me up at CVS when I did it, so she took them without any prob.
, 3 kitties

, 1 doggy
, and 2 dumbo eared rats

ISO nbpr rebates valid in WV
Old 03-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Momma-of-4 has posted more than 400 great deals!Momma-of-4 has posted more than 400 great deals!Momma-of-4 has posted more than 400 great deals!Momma-of-4 has posted more than 400 great deals!Momma-of-4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I did this several times (ended up with 27 of each) and almost all were face cloths

Get your skinny on!!

I LOVE my coupons
Old 03-24-2012, 01:57 PM

I'm a man

My Mood/Status:
tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tbabs12 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I had to explain to the store manager that the facial wipes were considered a cleanser.. had to go as far as showing her the olay website to prove I was indeed correct..

always feels good to stand your ground when you know you are in the right..
The Following User Says Thank You to tbabs12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 03:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I did this yesterday and had zero trouble (only had 2 of each coupon so I'm done ) though I'm pretty sure I broke the cashiers brain a little with the free body wash Q's LOL
Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM

I finished up my transactions today with no issues luckily. Only problem was my 25% off coupon had expired yesterday. Yesterday when they would not accept my BOGO coupons in combination with the 3/2s. I am annoyed that I ended up losing money there but you win some, you lose some. Overall, I am happy to be stocked up with bodywash and cleanser having paid little oop so I guess I will just have to let it go.