Yet, Another Reason To LOVE CVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM
loves the Lord

auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!auntB has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yet, another reason to LOVE CVS

I was so thrilled to do so well at CVS Tuesday that in my excitement, I walked out and left my cpn binder on the counter. I went to five stores that day and didn't realize it was missing until today. After tearing my house and car apart I back-tracked and was close to tears when the next to the last store had it saved for me under the front counter. Wags and Dollar General just looked at me like I was crazy. The three cashiers at CVS all realized what a BIG DEAL it was for me to loose it - one even turned to another customer and said, "She uses cpns for everything she buys." Guess it's time to put my name and phone number in it for the next time I walk away without it. (This was the first time I seriously considered going to the insert method of filing - at least I'd have cpns left at home that way but the lure of finding things on clearance and having all my cpns with me still motivates me to continue with the binder method.) Just need to keep my wits about me and not leave my binder behind!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to auntB For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM

RE: Yet, another reason to LOVE CVS

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
So glad they kept it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SavvyRealtorChick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
AJsGirl has posted more than 100 good deals!AJsGirl has posted more than 100 good deals!
This happened to me once, and at a CVS I didn't normally coupon. My husband went back, and they had it behind the counter. I wrote my name and number inside that very same night!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJsGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Homeschooling, Couponing Momma

My Mood/Status:
mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom2bbkkm&m has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Guess I should go put my number in mine, already had my name......not that it would do much good since I'm unlisted!
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2bbkkm&m For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Glad you found it!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Positive Thoughts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quazel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jessicalinsouza23 has posted more than 400 great deals!Jessicalinsouza23 has posted more than 400 great deals!Jessicalinsouza23 has posted more than 400 great deals!Jessicalinsouza23 has posted more than 400 great deals!Jessicalinsouza23 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Most people are good people I'm glad you found it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessicalinsouza23 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so glad you found your binder. There are some good people out there~
The Following User Says Thank You to JudyFos For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Omg, I would have been in tears, and I have only coypu ed a couple of months!!
The Following User Says Thank You to keoughrn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
XtremeXtina has posted more than 200 great deals!XtremeXtina has posted more than 200 great deals!XtremeXtina has posted more than 200 great deals!
glad they had it.. I have left my whole purse before but thank goodness everyone that works at the one I shop at knows me well I love CVS!!
The Following User Says Thank You to XtremeXtina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!
I once (ok twice) left my binder in the shopping cart at the grocery store. Both times I was frantic by the time I got home to call the store. (stores are at least 20min away and this was before cell phones were popular). This was in the early 90's and I had a lot of FREE coupons in there ( I use to wait for the B1G1 sales...)

Both times I had a message waiting for me at home that they found it and had it waiting for me.

Best thing you can do is post your name and telephone right on the front.( Mine even says $10 cash reward if returned! Truth be told that would be a bargain!) The store never took me up on the reward but I offered it gladly!

Now that I think about it...with inflation I think I should up that reward to $20!!!

Last edited by Dorymae; 03-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dorymae For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Missing you all
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
So glad you found it...... better put your name and phone number on it now, thats what I have to do also
The Following User Says Thank You to Drea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 PM

Grounded for Life

bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Wow I am glad they were nice enough to save it I had a friend who left hers in the cart when she was getting loaded up and needless to say it never turned up again
She was devastated

The other day I found a handful of coupons clipped to a hand written note and so I turned it in just in case the person realized they lost it - they were good coupons to but I know if I were that person next time I went to finish my list would be looking for my coupons calling around

I personally have a 3 method system to my coupons - 1st I have my binder by the week system - So each week i organize the sheets of the ads and I stick each stack into a page protector (so i will have a stack of page 1 of the ad, then page 2 of the ad) and then i use index tabs to mark the date of those ads this way I can quickly flip to what ever date I am looking for - (Extra Tip - Write small on the index tabs this way you can scribble it out and write another date and reuse the tabs a few times I suppose I could get them file divider tabs where you slide the paper in but I like to use the tabs with the little sticky on it so I can put it where ever i want) --- Anyways that is where my initial batch of papers go -- Anything I get extra from others or in the cases where my guy ends up giving me 20 or 30 copies I plop them in a folder with the date (can be a file folder or even just regular folders I have a mix of file folders and a bunch of my kids old folders they had at school) And I keep these folders in a box much like you would a filing cabinet so I can quickly go the week I need --- And Finally my last thing I have is a small coupon sorter that I got from Target for $1 - There is enough pockets for all my CVS cards to have their own pocket where i keep my rainchecks for that card, and ECB's and anything else I need for that card including the cards and green tags, PLus I got folders for the other stores i visit like walgreens , walmart, target and publix

When I am studying what I am going to be doing for the week I cut the coupons I need and put them in their appropriate folder and the back pocket folder I use for any extra coupons I end up with leftover or unused just in case I need them ...

I used to only cut out what I needed for the week ... But I have noticed there are some coupons I constantly am cutting out for example the pantene $3/2 , the herbal essence Q's , colgate and crest Q's .... So I started cutting those out and keeping them on file

It used to be easy I could keep my box of coupons in the car and if I needed something extra I could run to car to get it but now that I have 3 binders and my big file box I just can't lug them around anymore LOL so i keep them at my thrift store and just get what i need - i do most of my shopping on the way to work and after work so that was the best place for me to leave them ... All I gotta do is keep my customers out of my coupons - I of course share with them I just don't want them digging thru my stuff and messing up my system so if they want something they need to ask and I will get it LOL I tried to have a coupon box but it was way to much work to keep up with and people started making me mad because they would just flip the neat and organized WHOLE INSERTS and get them all mixed up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnorris10 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM

thankful

My Mood/Status:
dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I left mine at Wags once. It has my name and phone number in it, but they didn't even look inside. Glad I remembered where I had been when I freaked out cuz I couldn't find it anywhere.

-Dawn
The Following User Says Thank You to dwagner84 For This Useful Post: