Sinus Medicine Credit Card Or Debit Card

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mimisandra has posted more than 200 great deals!mimisandra has posted more than 200 great deals!mimisandra has posted more than 200 great deals!
sinus medicine credit card or debit card

Has anybody else CVS changed the way they sell sinus medicine I dont take it shift supervisor showed me the sign and I asked her about the coupon policy she said she didn't know of any change just the sinus you know the one behind the counter at the pharmacy that you have to have your drivers licensed to buy. Now it's only credit cards debit card or checks .They say only drug addicts only pay with cash.What a world we live in. By all means I believe in control of medicine what happens if you don't have cards or checks.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 10:08 AM

RE: sinus medicine credit card or debit card

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yes, if they can't reduce sales to drug makers, next step will be to require prescription, which will drive up costs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
A few years ago I was in TX visiting my parents (lived in PA at the time) and my son got sick and needed medicine. I actually went to CVS and they refused to sell it to me because I had an out of state drivers license! I was pretty upset, you know how it is when your kid is sick... anyways, this wonderful woman actually told the pharmacist she would buy it since she had an in-state drivers license and then I just swiped my card. Bless her!

The pharmacist said it could be used to make meth. Since then I've wondered how many small bottles of children's decongestant it would take to make it.

Last edited by missdanalu; 08-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
In Florida they have had the decongestants behind the Pharmacy counter for years. My Brother and Mom both have horrible allergies and have to go show their license to get Claritin D. We all use our debit cards all the time so not sure about the paying cash but it makes sense. They do use the decongestant medicine to make Meth which is why you can't just go in and get it off the shelf.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think that is nuts, I'm not sure if these places have not heard of Green Dot or other prepaid cards? That is not going to stop drug makers from buying the items.
and 2
and 2
Old 08-07-2011, 04:11 PM

darbiswas has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDavenport View Post
I think that is nuts, I'm not sure if these places have not heard of Green Dot or other prepaid cards? That is not going to stop drug makers from buying the items.
So true and I am pretty sure Safeway offers a catalina for it so the green dot card is free
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
povoskismith has posted more than 150 good deals!povoskismith has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaDavenport View Post
umm..CVS sells green dot cards.....
Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Hopefull 2012 will be a Great Year!

My Mood/Status:
Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
It has been that way for years here, the next county over from us, actually doesnt sell sudafed anymore at all anywhere in the county, not even behind the counter, cause the Meth problem they have there, our system is actually getting a upgrade and from now on they will be able to tell if you just went and bought some from some where else in the state and from the boarding states/
Old 08-07-2011, 09:45 PM

I love my family!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Charmedonez has posted more than 150 good deals!Charmedonez has posted more than 150 good deals!
I know here they limit it to how many you can buy and you have to show drivers license and they put your number in so if ya came back it wouldn't let ya buy again

Old 08-07-2011, 09:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's all about having something to trace it by. Obviously the regular sales clerk won't know but if the same CC or DC showed up many many times they would have a way to trace it. In Iowa as a WM AM customers had to sign a log, along with showing ID. Those books aren't kept by the store, they go to drug enforcement agencies. Many times they would come in and ask to review tapes.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:08 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Here they've started swiping your drivers license through the credit card scanner. (Do other states have the magnetic strip on the back of their licenses?)
!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainMama
Here they've started swiping your drivers license through the credit card scanner. (Do other states have the magnetic strip on the back of their licenses?)
Oklahoma has the strips on the DL
Old 08-08-2011, 02:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wonder what would happen if you went in and asked to buy 3-4 packs of Sudafed (going on a long vacation or just wanting to stock up) if they would refuse to sell you that many?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:07 AM

I frequently stare at my stockpile

mcstief has posted more than 50 good deals
I was at rite aid over the winter and wanted to buy 4 nyquill since it was on sale and I had a bunch of q's. After the 3rd one the register gave a message that I was over my limit for the day. The cashier told me there wasn't anything she could do because it was controlled by the state. The deal for the nyquill involved UP reward when you bought 2 so I had her take the 3rd one off and only bought the 2. She said I could get more the next day so that's what I did. Obviously someone determined to make drugs can just come in everyday till they have what they need.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!Tjemgoins has posted more than 400 great deals!
It is sad that states had to put laws out there to control the sell of the primary ingredient used to make meth but it is even sadder that people complain about it. The laws are lax enough that you can buy 3 boxes a day and up to 12 per month. If you are needing more then that then your doctor can prescribe something better. We all need to be part of the solution and not make the job more difficult.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM

loving saving money with y'all

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstief View Post
I was at rite aid over the winter and wanted to buy 4 nyquill since it was on sale and I had a bunch of q's. After the 3rd one the register gave a message that I was over my limit for the day. The cashier told me there wasn't anything she could do because it was controlled by the state. The deal for the nyquill involved UP reward when you bought 2 so I had her take the 3rd one off and only bought the 2. She said I could get more the next day so that's what I did. Obviously someone determined to make drugs can just come in everyday till they have what they need.
just remember drug dealers do not want the attention of coming in daily purchase the item,/
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 AM

I frequently stare at my stockpile

mcstief has posted more than 50 good deals
I also don't think drug dealers care about UP rewards or use coupons either. I just saw a good deal and actually needed some but had no idea there were restrictions till then.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM

Mel!

vanklema has posted more than 200 great deals!vanklema has posted more than 200 great deals!vanklema has posted more than 200 great deals!
@TJEMgoins Actually the "stronger stuff" your doctor used to be able to perscribe is no longer available by perscription, it has also become over the counter, and you can only buy 1 box (24ct.) a day and two in a week. If you have more than one person in your family taking it and only one person does the shopping, you're totally screwed! I know because this is my situation. Now I have to make my fiance go buy his own, when I normally do all the shopping. It's a pain for him as he works a lot and doesn't want to waste his free time at the store. And it costs a heck of a lot more too! Before when it was prescription I paid 10.00 a month, now that it's over the counter I pay 13.79 for two weeks! That's over 27.00 a month!
Just thought I'd let you know that "the solution" isn't really a solution so much as a barrier to those of us who actually need the medication.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!
I'm not defending the drug dealers, but in all reallity this is not making it harder for the drug dealers to get ahold of the stuff, they just have others go to the store to get it just like they would before, sure they have to have a couple more people go in then before, but that is not a big issue to them I would imagine.

I think they need to start at looking at other angles to preventing Meth then making it such a hassle for us non dope users. I shop for 3 houses alot, and send packages to my Grandmother and have to deal with this, its crazy and rediculous.

Meth is still a HUGE problem and frankly it ain't going no where anytime soon so...
and 2
and 2