Self Checkout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Cvs Self Checkout

Anyone's CVS have a self checkout? The one by my house ONLY uses the self-checkout, and I must say I love it. anyone else?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dizzymariposa2 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 PM

RE: Self Checkout

My Mood/Status:
mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Mine doesn't...yet. I'm hopeful! That would be so nice!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kimberly
Mom to twin boys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and two weenie dogs

Old 05-29-2011, 04:20 PM

cookie109 has posted more than 300 great deals!cookie109 has posted more than 300 great deals!cookie109 has posted more than 300 great deals!cookie109 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Mine had it for a couple months now,I love it ,I get in and out really fast now.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!dizzymariposa2 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twins98 View Post
Mine doesn't...yet. I'm hopeful! That would be so nice!!
It is! I really don't miss being mistreated by cashiers that don't know the policy. My CVS has FOUR self checkouts, and there is rarely a line. Yayyy
Old 05-29-2011, 05:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
distancehasnomeaning has posted more than 25 good deals
I would loveeee lovee this they need to do this!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:20 PM

spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We don't have that here, but it would be neat. You get to scan your own card, coupons, etc? I think that might take the hassle out of some things.
The Following User Says Thank You to spencerquartet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 07:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
alexsmom8888 has posted more than 150 good deals!alexsmom8888 has posted more than 150 good deals!
The only one by me is at the University of Minnesota where my son goes. They must figure only young kids without any coupon usage more than likely can handle this! LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM

amy2218 has posted more than 50 good deals
My CVS store has had it for almost a year and I love it!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 PM

meggiedarlin has posted more than 75 good deals!
I use the CVS by the U of M. Most of the time they don't even have anyone at the regular check-out, so I use the self-checkout all the time. My issues: whenever I scan my greentag, the stupid computer thinks it should weigh something, so I have to move things around on the bagging area until it clears itself. Plus I can't actually bag my items until I'm done because the weight will be off! The other big thing: BOGO coupons. I need a staff person to enter in the price. But I will say this, it's nice to checkout on my own. It's just that I usually need a staff person for one reason or another. The first time I was able to checkout without assistance was a milestone!! And it's a pain when they have to void out my entire order and re-check me out at the regular area. But I'm always polite and the staff is always polite to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meggiedarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Getting settled in my new house!

My Mood/Status:
armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I hope my CVS gets these! I would LOVE it!!
SAHM to DS(7)

and DS(5)

Old 05-29-2011, 11:17 PM

kittyy has posted more than 25 good deals
Most NYC CVSes have them and it saves so much trouble!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 AM

Is Saving $$ an addiction??

My Mood/Status:
Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jseedeals4me has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Love it!!! yes, you do need a staff member sometimes but I don't mind because it is less stress overall......
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm jealous.... none of the CVS stores here have a self checkout and I'm sure there's NO TALK of putting any in. All of the other stores around me that have a self checkout have been so abused by people using coupons over the last several years that you can't scan your own coupons. Meijer is the last man standing here, but you can only scan your own MFR coupons and half the time they beep. MMB won't scan, cats won't scan, any other OYNOs don't scan...

Anyone I've asked at the stores all have the same story, too. A few years ago, some bozo would come in with two stacks of paper. One stack of coupons and one stack of coupon sized paper. She'd scan the coupons and then deposit the coupon sized paper and keep the real ones. Bad plan because it took them all of a week to go through the tapes and find out who was doing it - they got kind of a heads up with all the blanks in the coupon slot DUH.

Now every store requires assistance. Boo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!mom2twins98 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
I'm jealous.... none of the CVS stores here have a self checkout and I'm sure there's NO TALK of putting any in. All of the other stores around me that have a self checkout have been so abused by people using coupons over the last several years that you can't scan your own coupons. Meijer is the last man standing here, but you can only scan your own MFR coupons and half the time they beep. MMB won't scan, cats won't scan, any other OYNOs don't scan...

Anyone I've asked at the stores all have the same story, too. A few years ago, some bozo would come in with two stacks of paper. One stack of coupons and one stack of coupon sized paper. She'd scan the coupons and then deposit the coupon sized paper and keep the real ones. Bad plan because it took them all of a week to go through the tapes and find out who was doing it - they got kind of a heads up with all the blanks in the coupon slot DUH.

That is awful!!

Kimberly
Mom to twin boys

and two weenie dogs

The Following User Says Thank You to mom2twins98 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM

Senorita Sassypants is looking for deals!
SassPants McGee

My Mood/Status:
steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!steffus has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have never heard of a CVS that has this! Would love it if my stores did!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:06 PM

feeling so blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!londymommy has posted more than 200 great deals!
Well what happens to the cashiers that worked there? I'm not upset about them having self checkouts, I actually prefer self checkouts. Yet, I know that there are people who need those jobs for their bills and families. What happens to them?? (it's not a rhetorical question, I am really curious to know if anyone knows)
and mommy to DD
The Following User Says Thank You to londymommy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 12:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would love it, but I'm sure 50% of the time I would need a cashier. I was so annoyed last week, I didn't realize only the top care revlon was the $4ecb and I purchased the other, didn't realize until I got home that my ecb didn't print. I went in the next morning and the lady rudely explained to me that I needed the top care, I was very nice and said I didn't see the small print. I went and got the correct one and mentioned when I came back to the register that there were 10 rows of nail polish with signs on them and only 1 row of top care or what ever it was called. She looked at my red nails as she was returning the other one and rudely said "so this is USED?" I was like no mamm I always wear red polish, I already own several bottles. It was just her whole attitude that she thought I auctually used the polish before returning it. If she looked close she would have seen it wasn't the exact shade and see that my manicure was way more than freshly done, more like 4 days old and needing redoing. I would love self checkout, although in cases where ecbs don't print, back to the grouchy cashiers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CouponingGrandma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would love it, but I'm sure 50% of the time I would need a cashier. I was so annoyed last week, I didn't realize only the top care revlon was the $4ecb and I purchased the other, didn't realize until I got home that my ecb didn't print. I went in the next morning and the lady rudely explained to me that I needed the top care, I was very nice and said I didn't see the small print. I went and got the correct one and mentioned when I came back to the register that there were 10 rows of nail polish with signs on them and only 1 row of top care or what ever it was called. She looked at my red nails as she was returning the other one and rudely said "so this is USED?" I was like no mamm I always wear red polish, I already own several bottles. It was just her whole attitude that she thought I auctually used the polish before returning it. If she looked close she would have seen it wasn't the exact shade and see that my manicure was way more than freshly done, more like 4 days old and needing redoing. I would love self checkout, although in cases where ecbs don't print, back to the grouchy cashiers.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Our stores do not have them, but the one my sister shops at does. I used it once during the Pepsi sale and HATED it. Maybe it's something that you have to get used to. Maybe it was just the set up at that store.
1. I made the mistake of going to the one that was next to the ATM machine at the store. I was in the way of the ATM traffic.
2. There wasn't a "skip bagging" option, so I had to pile the 12 packs on the small bagging area.
3. My $4/$20 scanned just fine, put it in the "coupon box" but it didn't drop far enough to register as a deposited coupon. The cashier had to come over and put slips of paper into the coupon box to register the coupon as deposited so I could continue.
4. Paid with EBs and they scanned just fine; however, these also didn't register as deposited into the "coupon box". The manager was then called to open the coupon box to verify they were dropped in and complete my transaction.

A transaction that would have taken 2 minutes with a cashier, took 15 minutes at the self check out. Definitely not for me.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:38 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
[quote=SD19565;3898237]scanned just fine, put it in the "coupon box" but it didn't drop far enough to register as a deposited coupon
[quote]

I know what you're talking about! Its annoying .. the same thing happens to me @ Walmart! They taught me to blow air into the slot where the coupon goes and it helps the coupon fall down enough to register. It works perfectly you just might look a little silly!

"Live, love, laugh, be happy!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommabailey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:11 PM

amy2218 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19565 View Post
Our stores do not have them, but the one my sister shops at does. I used it once during the Pepsi sale and HATED it. Maybe it's something that you have to get used to. Maybe it was just the set up at that store.
1. I made the mistake of going to the one that was next to the ATM machine at the store. I was in the way of the ATM traffic.
2. There wasn't a "skip bagging" option, so I had to pile the 12 packs on the small bagging area.
3. My $4/$20 scanned just fine, put it in the "coupon box" but it didn't drop far enough to register as a deposited coupon. The cashier had to come over and put slips of paper into the coupon box to register the coupon as deposited so I could continue.
4. Paid with EBs and they scanned just fine; however, these also didn't register as deposited into the "coupon box". The manager was then called to open the coupon box to verify they were dropped in and complete my transaction.

A transaction that would have taken 2 minutes with a cashier, took 15 minutes at the self check out. Definitely not for me.

I learned a trick if your order is large and does not fit on the small bagging space they provide.....if push the "Finish and Pay" button, you can take everything out of the bagging area and then press the return button to go back to the scanning screen!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amy2218 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Need to save more $ on food.

My Mood/Status:
Kdserenity has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
A few years ago, some bozo would come in with two stacks of paper. One stack of coupons and one stack of coupon sized paper. She'd scan the coupons and then deposit the coupon sized paper and keep the real ones. Bad plan because it took them all of a week to go through the tapes and find out who was doing it - they got kind of a heads up with all the blanks in the coupon slot DUH.

Some people. And it's those people that ruin things for the rest of us.

I haven't seen any self check-outs at any of my near by CVS stores.

I kinda always wondered about using self check-outs with coupons...anytime I've had to use coupons, I've gotten in a reg line cause I wasn't sure you could use coupons at self check-outs. I wonder if you can at Wal-Mart? That's the main place to use self check-outs cause otherwise you gotta wait in line forever most of the time.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 AM

bargain sleuth has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymariposa2 View Post
Anyone's CVS have a self checkout? The one by my house ONLY uses the self-checkout, and I must say I love it. anyone else?
We don't have a self checkout but it sure would be nice. How long have you had yours?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM

bargain sleuth has posted more than 5 good deals
great tip! thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdserenity View Post
Some people. And it's those people that ruin things for the rest of us.

I haven't seen any self check-outs at any of my near by CVS stores.

I kinda always wondered about using self check-outs with coupons...anytime I've had to use coupons, I've gotten in a reg line cause I wasn't sure you could use coupons at self check-outs. I wonder if you can at Wal-Mart? That's the main place to use self check-outs cause otherwise you gotta wait in line forever most of the time.
Yes, Wal-Mart does have the coupon boxes at the self check-out.

Kimberly
Mom to twin boys

and two weenie dogs

The Following User Says Thank You to mom2twins98 For This Useful Post: