Excedrin Deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
is out shopping
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Excedrin deal?

Was anyone able to work this out to be a good deal? I have $.75/1 coupons burning a hole in my pocket, but I think I'm going to use them after work at ShopRite [[on sale for $1.77]] unless someone worked out something great at CVS.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tripindog For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:36 AM

RE: Excedrin deal?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

arw1970 has posted more than 10 good deals
I got the Excedrin deal at CVS, but it wasn't spectacular. Sadly, I go through Excedrin like candy, so anything significantly below retail is a good deal for me! I had 2 of the .75/1 and 2 of the 1.50/1 and went in to see what the best deal would be. It ended up that the best deal was to just use one of the 1.50/1 coupons on a big 250 ct. bottle for $15, since getting several smaller bottles to use all the coupons would have shorted me about 100 pills for the same money. I also had $4 in ECBs that were about to expire so was looking to use those. So I got 2 bottles of Xtra detergent (sale for 1.49 ea.) and used a $1/2 coupon (making them .99 ea.) for it and then the Excedrin. Total out of pocket after coupons and expiring ECBs was 12.85 and then I got $7 ECBs back.

Not a great deal, but a few months ago, I would have either bought the Excedrin full price, or (accidentally) gotten the ECB deal and then forgotten all about them or lost them in my purse! I also would have turned my nose up at the Xtra detergent, which I now use to wash my pets' beds and toys and some household items, instead of using our favorite and massively more expensive, Gain (we save it for just our clothes now).

So this is great progress for me!

The best part is that when I checked out, the very nice cashier asked if I wanted to do two separate transactions for I could use the Excedrin ECB on the Xtra. I already had ECBs for my order so I declined, but I thanked her profusely for offering. It's the second time in the last couple of weeks a CVS employee was enthusiastic about saving me money! Cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to arw1970 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mylazydazy has posted more than 300 great deals!mylazydazy has posted more than 300 great deals!mylazydazy has posted more than 300 great deals!mylazydazy has posted more than 300 great deals!
I too found the 250 count best value. My husband was thrilled. Now when I give him a headache he is all set.

1 250 count migrain excedrin ($15.99)
1 $1.50 mq
1 $1.50 sq that printed week before from red box.
$5 off $15 purchase (won the lottery by getting this on the bottom of my receipt last week)

So with $7 ecb my net cost .99 plus tax.

The stars were aligned this week for me to get excedrin.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mylazydazy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2011, 08:26 PM

is out shopping
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tripindog has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks arw. And thanks mylazyday. I wish I had a CRT and a $5/$15. Ugh. All I have is a headache because I wanted to use my $.75/1 at ShopRite and then realized that these were DND coupons with the dreaded 9. Boo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:14 AM

My name is Valerie. Feel free to call me Val.

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
Why you trippin', dawg?

I have no real input, I just had to make a lame joke. Iiiii'll see myself out.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 AM

Boldly going where no one has gone...
Getting Better Every Day Member

My Mood/Status:
shabbychicnut has posted more than 25 good deals
It's a good deal if you have the $2 coupon, you can get Excedrin Migraine for .87 at CVS during this sale. Here is how I figured it out:

At my CVS, Excedrin 24 count is $4.89, so I would have to buy 4 of them to go over the $15. 4 excedrin = $18.46. I use (4) $2 coupons ($8.00) so $18.46-$8.00 = $10.46 Then I get $7 back in ECB. $10.46-$7.00=$3.46 for 4 24 count Excedrin. Per item, that is $.87!!! Food City had them on sale with Value Card and coupon $1.27 and I thought that was a steal...

I am not sure what the larger bottles come out to be as the clerk I spoke to didn't give me those prices, just the cheapest one....

Last edited by shabbychicnut; 05-13-2011 at 06:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbychicnut For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 AM

is out shopping
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Where'd you get the $2 coupon from? I only have $.75.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Boldly going where no one has gone...
Getting Better Every Day Member

My Mood/Status:
shabbychicnut has posted more than 25 good deals
$2 Excedrin Coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripindog View Post
Where'd you get the $2 coupon from? I only have $.75.
I got these $2 coupons on Ebay. There is also a $2.50 coupon for Excedrin PM. I just got back from my CVS drug store day and it worked! Actually they say there is a limit for 2 transactions per card, but I had two cards (my boyfriend's and mine) and got two $7 ecb =$14 from mine and three $7 ecb = $21 from his! Bonus!
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbychicnut For This Useful Post:

Tags
excedrin