CVS Scenerio Help

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 04:43 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
amandatm has posted more than 10 good deals
Help Sign CVS Scenerio Help

Does this sound right?

4 All detergents- $3.99
3 Sparkle Paper Towels- 4.99

Total- $30.93

use 4 $1 All Q's
use 3- $1 Sparkle Q's

brings total down to $23.93

Apply $5/$15 CVS Q I got today. Now total is $18.93

Get back a $10.00 gift card

Use the the $10.00 gift card for 2 more Sparkle paper towels. (tax only to be paid)

Total for all 9 products now equals $.99 per item?

Does this sound like a good deal? I am SO new to this!

Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to amandatm For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 PM

RE: CVS Scenerio Help

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I get 18.93 plus taxes for the 9 items. To me it looks like you are double counting the gift card, subtracting it from you total cost in trxn 1 but then using it to pay in trxn 2.

I am at a point not where I wouldnt pay real money for either of those items (you will get there too!). If I were brand loyal I would do trxn 1 provided I could burn that many ECB and still have a decent bankroll of ECB, I do try to avoid depleting my ECB below $20 unless I am wanting to take a break for a while because I am cheap and wont buy back in until I can do it for almost free.

In your situation, if you have less than 4-5 months worth of pt and detergent then I would do trxn 1. Unless I go through a lot of pt I would skip trxn 2 and hang on to the $10 certificate. Then if other CVS deals came along that I wanted to do before the month was over I would use the certificate for a CVS GC. If I didnt want to do any deals over the next month then I would redeem for AmEx so I would be less limited in where I could use the certificate.

Generally we see pt and detergent deals early in the new year so I wouldnt go crazy on either of those things now unless they were practically free. Hopefully we can get you stocked up for the upcoming year in a couple of months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
amandatm has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks. LORD willin' this will get to be second nature after a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to amandatm For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you stick with it it will be second nature before you know it. I'm sure almost everyone that has a healthy stockpile now would say they overbought just ok deals in the beginning. If you can pace yourself, you'll be better off. Just trust me on that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2014, 10:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
If you stick with it it will be second nature before you know it. I'm sure almost everyone that has a healthy stockpile now would say they overbought just ok deals in the beginning. If you can pace yourself, you'll be better off. Just trust me on that.
Now it is even worse. I do almost all free deals. Got a while bunch of free arm and hammer and two weeks later got 50 bags of tide pods. Then I was like who am I going to give the Arm and hammer too.....

To op: it isn't so bad. Try it really hard for 4 months and you will br amazed!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesterrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2014, 11:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm brand loyal to most hygeine things and laundry detergent. I can still usually get great deals on everything except my laundry detergent but it's still worth it to me. Like monkeydawn said, most people overpay in the beginning. I still have a really hard time being patient and I've been doing it for quite a while. Just continue to watch the threads and ask questions and you'll find lots of good deals. It's fun.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
I must be the only one in the world that can't use tide. I get itchy if my clothes get washed in it. Gain gives me a headache and, boy, does that scent last. I have to do three washes to get rid of it.

My preferred brand is Surf powder. I have never seen a deal on Surf. I don't even thing I have seen it in the drugstores for a couple of years. I wonder if Target still carries it. I may suck it up and buy a box there if they do since I have made over $100 this week at Target and I get Perk money to Target. It might be a treat for me.

Anyway, through Couponing at the drugstores I have learned that I can use Woolite and All free versions. Those don't trigger any allergic reaction and those I have gotten just as a deal. I try to stick to all MMer/ frees, especially for detergent. Then if I try and find I have to pass it all on to someone else due to allergies it stings less. I do generally jump on all free laundry deals, as they tend to sell out fast. No time to get one, try and see if I can use.

My point being that even with my allergy issues, I haven't had to pay for detergent in years. Something will pop up!

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post: