Paypal ECB Deal:anyone Do This? Will This Work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
paypal ECB deal:anyone do this? will this work?

i was looking at the paypal cards they have a $4.95 FEE to buy. this week they are giving a $10 ecb wyb $50 card. weekly says liimit 2 and monthly says limit 1...so im worried about what is the true limit!

also im wondering for cvs, if you buy a $100 card would you get $20 ecb then? or do you have to buy 2 seperate $50 cards (if the limit is 2)?

wondering if anyone tried it yet?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 AM

RE: paypal ECB deal:anyone do this? will this work?

My Mood/Status:
Shulings has posted more than 75 good deals!
Angry

I purchased one card and ECB didn't print had to have cashier force print!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
She should not have forced printed one for you because you have to load $50 on it to activate the $10 ecb.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
Shulings has posted more than 75 good deals!
Baby

Sorry I didn't add that part...I did have 50.00 added to card
The Following User Says Thank You to Shulings For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you do a search you will see that several people are unhappy with this card. I believe the problem is that there are monthly fees of about $5. So it quickly becomes *not a good deal*.

I also dont understand how CVS knows you have loaded the $50 and then how they issue the ECB. The PP GC isnt connected to your EC account afaik. Has anyone actually gotten the ECB after loading the $ on? If so, how did it happen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 PM

Going swimming in Covergirl makeup!

My Mood/Status:
Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn
If you do a search you will see that several people are unhappy with this card. I believe the problem is that there are monthly fees of about $5. So it quickly becomes *not a good deal*.

I also dont understand how CVS knows you have loaded the $50 and then how they issue the ECB. The PP GC isnt connected to your EC account afaik. Has anyone actually gotten the ECB after loading the $ on? If so, how did it happen?
I bought a PayPal reloadable card. The cashier asked how much to put on card, I asked for $100.00 to be placed on the card. I received a $20.00 ECB. I was charged $4.95 fee at the register as part of my transaction. You will be charged a $4.95 monthly fee within 36 hours. I activated my card immediately online, and used it on things I already planned on buying that day. The monthly fee was never deducted and the card has no balance as of today (I bought the card yesterday morning).

For me, it worked like a charm, and became a $15.05 MM! Times like these, I wish I had additional cards!

If you plan on keeping the card, that monthly fee is a drag at $4.95, and the fee for ATM withdrawals is $1.95 plus any fees the ATM's bank may charge. Again, not ideal. (If you use an AllPoint ATM, they won't charge anything in addition to the $1.95, FWIW).

If you can turn around and use the card as a debit card within a day, that's your best option, and best MM! HTH!
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havenít found it yet, keep looking. Donít settle. As with all matters of the heart, youíll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Donít settle" -Steve Jobs
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet2507 View Post
I bought a PayPal reloadable card. The cashier asked how much to put on card, I asked for $100.00 to be placed on the card. I received a $20.00 ECB. I was charged $4.95 fee at the register as part of my transaction. You will be charged a $4.95 monthly fee within 36 hours. I activated my card immediately online, and used it on things I already planned on buying that day. The monthly fee was never deducted and the card has no balance as of today (I bought the card yesterday morning).

For me, it worked like a charm, and became a $15.05 MM! Times like these, I wish I had additional cards!

If you plan on keeping the card, that monthly fee is a drag at $4.95, and the fee for ATM withdrawals is $1.95 plus any fees the ATM's bank may charge. Again, not ideal. (If you use an AllPoint ATM, they won't charge anything in addition to the $1.95, FWIW).

If you can turn around and use the card as a debit card within a day, that's your best option, and best MM! HTH!
Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Did your ECB just print or was it manually printed? And did the ECB print at the point of purchase? Also, I am curious if you input any actual PP or bank account information into the card or is it just basically a gift card?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:57 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks Scarlet, great idea! In addition to monkeydawn's questions, when did you do this? I'm wondering if your card has a negative balance and it reflects on you. If you just paid straight cash for it I doubt they can do anything but I am curious.

Positive Thoughts

Old 08-27-2013, 04:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scarlet2507 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Did your ECB just print or was it manually printed? And did the ECB print at the point of purchase? Also, I am curious if you input any actual PP or bank account information into the card or is it just basically a gift card?

The ECB just printed on the bottom of the receipt, no issues at all there, thankfully!

You do have to activate the card. There is a website on the card to go to, and there you just enter the debit card number, the CVV2 number, your "billing" address (I'm supposing this is because if you choose to use as a debit online, you need a billing address). You choose a PIN, and you're good to go. You can link to your PP, but I don't think you HAVE to. I can't honestly remember. I am a member of PP, so I just linked it because you can also use it as a funding source for PP as well. (Until I read about the fees, then changed strategies! No $4.95 monthly payment for me!) I didn't put it any bank account information to activate the card. It's pretty much like those Vanilla Visa Gift Cards. They will send a personalized card within 3 weeks, but I'd hope that they'd see that my card no longer has any available funds on it, and wouldn't waste the plastic!
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havenít found it yet, keep looking. Donít settle. As with all matters of the heart, youíll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Donít settle" -Steve Jobs
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazel View Post
Thanks Scarlet, great idea! In addition to monkeydawn's questions, when did you do this? I'm wondering if your card has a negative balance and it reflects on you. If you just paid straight cash for it I doubt they can do anything but I am curious.
I did this yesterday morning, and cleared the card off with a trip to Rite Aid this morning, splitting debit charges to make it go to zero. I've logged into the account, and it says I have a zero available balance.

Quazel, you just made me check to see if there is a way to close the account. There is! You close the account, they will ship any available funds to you, less a $5.95 fee for check printing. If there is not enough funds to cover the check fee, your account will be closed and no check will be sent. So, I think I'm good. Going to go and close my account with them now! Thanks for making me think ahead!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 04:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
The ECB just printed on the bottom of the receipt, no issues at all there, thankfully!

You do have to activate the card. There is a website on the card to go to, and there you just enter the debit card number, the CVV2 number, your "billing" address (I'm supposing this is because if you choose to use as a debit online, you need a billing address). You choose a PIN, and you're good to go. You can link to your PP, but I don't think you HAVE to. I can't honestly remember. I am a member of PP, so I just linked it because you can also use it as a funding source for PP as well. (Until I read about the fees, then changed strategies! No $4.95 monthly payment for me!) I didn't put it any bank account information to activate the card. It's pretty much like those Vanilla Visa Gift Cards. They will send a personalized card within 3 weeks, but I'd hope that they'd see that my card no longer has any available funds on it, and wouldn't waste the plastic!
Thanks for the further information. people are reporting not getting the ECB with a $50 one so I am guessing that the $50 ones werent programmed correctly. The "you have to activate before you get your ECB" never made sense to me...how would CVS know, you know?

I am curious if your PP account will get charged the $4.95 activation fee since they are linked? Will you please keep us informed after the 36 hour window has passed? Thanks again!

Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Thanks for the further information. people are reporting not getting the ECB with a $50 one so I am guessing that the $50 ones werent programmed correctly. The "you have to activate before you get your ECB" never made sense to me...how would CVS know, you know?

I am curious if your PP account will get charged the $4.95 activation fee since they are linked? Will you please keep us informed after the 36 hour window has passed? Thanks again!
I will definitely keep the thread posted. There were 2 separate cards for PP at my CVS. The one with the said amount on the card was NOT the one to choose, per my CVS. It has to be the re-loadable, which the cashier is prompted for the amount. The other ones are not reloadable, they're just gift cards, which seemed to be a problem. At least, that's what my CVS said! I wish I didn't throw the packaging away. It's way more "fancy" than the other cards, with a flip-up instruction card and it's encased in plastic all the way around. I hope that helps!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 07:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks to all for the great info! cant wait to see if after 36 hours there are any issues. then i'll decide if i'll bother with this, it seems like alot of risk and messing around!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
So far, so good guys! It's been 36 hours since I bought the card. I did cancel the account with a click of a button. The card was activated on the 26th, I closed it late last night... it will take them 1-3 days to process the card closing. The website is very hands-on and user friendly in my opinion.

Just another idea... I talked one of my coupon ninja buddies into doing the deal as well (she believed it was too good to be true!). She bought the $100 card with no issues, but she went on Amazon.com and bought a $100 gift card using her PP debit card, and it seems to have worked seamlessly as well. She's closing her account now, available balance is $0. She just added the PP debit card as one of the cards her Amazon account could use. She had to buy a GPS, so it worked out pretty perfect!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 AM

Check out the PIF threads!

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Did you have to close your paypal account or just the reloadable card?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountrysoccermom View Post
Did you have to close your paypal account or just the reloadable card?
Just the reloadable card... the website is www.paypal.com/prepaid. I don't believe you have to link your Paypal account.

And as of 2:43PM, no account fees have been charged (and it's been a full 48 hours since activation!)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scarlet2507 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Just the reloadable card... the website is www.paypal.com/prepaid. I don't believe you have to link your Paypal account.

And as of 2:43PM, no account fees have been charged (and it's been a full 48 hours since activation!)
I am glad someone finally figured out a way to make this deal work! Thanks for sharing!

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:24 PM

forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!
I did it got my $20!! Thanks everyone!!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Did anyone else do this deal? I'm still on the fence.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:32 PM

Feeding a family of 5+2 for under $50 a week

My Mood/Status:
mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I did it today
- got the $20 ECB
- activated the card
- purchased Amazon gift card for myself with it
- used the email from Amazon to add to my on-line credit

But can't figure out how to cancel the card. Help!

I see where it says Cancel My Account under the Help menu, but then I am asked to log in and use a password to access my account. I don't recall setting up a password...
I tried using the password for my PP account, but that didn't work - and I didn't link the two up anyway.
I selected the help option to reset my password, but I am not getting an email with a link as promised.
How do I get back in??????

Old 08-30-2013, 07:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I did it today also. Used up the $100 same day and now I need to figure out how to close the account. I activated through the phone (with ss# btw I thought someone said we didn't need it...maybe its just with phone activation?) Tried to close the account online but am having problems. It keeps locking me out when I try to bypass connecting my regular PP account to it. It hasn't been a big enough hassle for me to regret a MM. I'm sure I can call in the am and close it all out. I wonder if I activated online instead of calling, if the process would have been smoother.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:53 PM

Feeding a family of 5+2 for under $50 a week

My Mood/Status:
mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcgallicher has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavA88 View Post
I did it today also. Used up the $100 same day and now I need to figure out how to close the account. I activated through the phone (with ss# btw I thought someone said we didn't need it...maybe its just with phone activation?) Tried to close the account online but am having problems. It keeps locking me out when I try to bypass connecting my regular PP account to it. It hasn't been a big enough hassle for me to regret a MM. I'm sure I can call in the am and close it all out. I wonder if I activated online instead of calling, if the process would have been smoother.
No, I activated online and also had to give my SSN. I tried to skip that step but it wouldn't allow it. Now I cannot figure out how to cancel it. I cannot get into the account on line. It tells me to log in with my PayPal info but then doesn't accept it. I tried linking the MC to my Paypal account, but that didn't work either. Guess I will also have to call.....

The Following User Says Thank You to mcgallicher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!LavA88 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgallicher View Post

No, I activated online and also had to give my SSN. I tried to skip that step but it wouldn't allow it. Now I cannot figure out how to cancel it. I cannot get into the account on line. It tells me to log in with my PayPal info but then doesn't accept it. I tried linking the MC to my Paypal account, but that didn't work either. Guess I will also have to call.....
That's the same part it kicks me out too. The customer service agent I spoke with earlier was very friendly so I'm hoping its an easy process to cancel also. I would def do this deal the next time around once I figure out how to cancel my balance is at zero and no PP linked so I'm not too worried about monthly fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to LavA88 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Did you ladies get the card cancelled?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM

forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!forbesa has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think I found a hack. I didn't want to risk more than $100 so after I registered the first Paypal card I bought, I went back to CVS to buy another with my husbands CVS card, but I used the 1st PP card to pay for the 2nd. So far a $30 MM!!