Is WISK Any Good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wand is WISK any good?

I'm a die hard TIDE girl for hubby's work shirts and EVERY SINGLE LOAD I WASH. I decided to give ERA a try and boy did it FAIL! My hubby's work shirts all had gooey old deordorant on the pit. It was hard yet flexable IF THAT MAKES SENSE I washed the load 2 TIMES in ERA with no luck and in HOT... BOTH TIMES (COLD WITH TIDE)! I finally washed with TIDE and OF COURSE washed 100% CLEAN..............

I am willing to try something else to save a buck BUT if it does not CLEAN AS GOOD AS TIDE........would it really be worth the so called SAVINGS:?

I WISH, I could find a detergent CHEAPER than TIDE, but ALL HAVE FAILED!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazmatgirl For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM

RE: is WISK any good?

Hot, HOT, in the MS Delta

My Mood/Status:
leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leeng has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've tried wisk for a few years and it works for me not sure what kind o stains you need to remove in hubby work shirts good luck....
Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeng View Post
I've tried wisk for a few years and it works for me not sure what kind o stains you need to remove in hubby work shirts good luck....
LEENG, just some deordorant ERA is the worst I've ever tried I'm gonna try WISK and see how it works on hubby's work shirts. Let's see if it can remove just deordorant
The Following User Says Thank You to hazmatgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 PM

destinymom has posted more than 75 good deals!
I was wondering the same thing. I have tried so many different detergents but always am disappointed and come back to my Tide. With all my kids and stains galore, I HAVE to use Tide if I want my clothes really clean. I have not tried Wisk yet and still a few bottles of Tide left from when I found the 100 oz. at $5 a bottle which was an awesome deal on Tide...but those kind of deals are hard to find on Tide. I was thinking of giving the Wisk a try this time.....we will see...but I dont have high hopes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to destinymom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have used whisk for years but at our ages we dont really get very dirty. But others i know swear by whisk. I cant use tide im allergic to it so i get free and clear whisk or all usually. But we use oxyclean in our laundry to since mom and i live in the country and have mineral water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 11:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use what ever detergent is cheap....The oxi clean stick (BEST INVENTION EVER)+ tide stain release tab and I have yet to have a stain my son can keep on his clothes. I can easily get out stains that have sat on his clothes from daycare. I get compliments all the time about how nice his stuff looks....

I am running out of the Tide stain release =(. There hasn't been a good stock up price in ages.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesterrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Just finished the current Consumer Reports. For HE cold water, Tide ranked highest, but Wisk was pretty high up too- probably 3rd on the list, and better than almost everything else. I'm willing to try it although I haven't yet. For front-loaders, I believe Wisk rated the highest.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andreana01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Lets try this again

My Mood/Status:
Shasha727 has posted more than 100 good deals!Shasha727 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreana01
Just finished the current Consumer Reports.....For front-loaders, I believe Wisk rated the highest.
Thanks for sharing!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shasha727 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:21 AM

COUPON EASTWOOD

My Mood/Status:
mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
It works just fine for my laundry and that says a lot . My sons white uniform shirts always come very clean and that's a lot giving the way they look when put inside the washing machine . Ring around the collar and you can look at the front of his shirts and know everything the school served for lunch that day . And it also get their socks clean and from the looks of their socks before I put them in the washing machine you would swear they wore them on the outside of their shoes . LOL
If I let someone rob me of my kind heart and my eagerness to help people then I have let that person steal my identity , Because those are the things that make me special . Those are the thing that make me who I am .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrscrystal23 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
There is a Wisk free and clear? I've never seen it at CVS. I would totally buy it if that was the case. Wisk cleans pretty well but I cannot stand the strong smell of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 AM

rainsngr has posted more than 50 good deals
I have been running the same question through my head for days.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreana01 View Post
Just finished the current Consumer Reports. For HE cold water, Tide ranked highest, but Wisk was pretty high up too- probably 3rd on the list, and better than almost everything else. I'm willing to try it although I haven't yet. For front-loaders, I believe Wisk rated the highest.
I meant top loaders.

OK, with CR in front of me, HE ratings:
Top 3 HE/front loaders:
Tide HE Plus Bleach, 72 pts;
Tide Ultra HE, 71 pts,
Wisk New Stain Spectrum technology Deep Clean HE, 68 pts.

Bottom 5: Whole Foods 2x Concentrated, 42 pts,
Purex Ultra 39 pts,
Oxydol 2x Concentrated Fresh N Clean, 39,
Vaska 2x Concentradted 39 pts, Dropps 6x concentrated, 35 pts.

Top 3 top loaders:
Wisk New Stain Spectrum Technology Deep Clean, 61 pts.,
Tide Plus Bleach Alternative, 59 pts.,
Tide for Cold Water, 56 pts.

Bottom 5:
Trend Ultra Concentrate, 32 pts.,
Xtra Lasting ScentSations, 32 pts.,
W, 29 pts.,
Arm & Hammer Plus Oxi Clean Stain Fighter, 26 pts,
All 2x Ultra Stainlifter, 26 pts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andreana01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 03:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
kwpdb8 has posted more than 150 good deals!kwpdb8 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreana01

I meant top loaders.

OK, with CR in front of me, HE ratings:
Top 3 HE/front loaders:
Tide HE Plus Bleach, 72 pts;
Tide Ultra HE, 71 pts,
Wisk New Stain Spectrum technology Deep Clean HE, 68 pts.

Bottom 5: Whole Foods 2x Concentrated, 42 pts,
Purex Ultra 39 pts,
Oxydol 2x Concentrated Fresh N Clean, 39,
Vaska 2x Concentradted 39 pts, Dropps 6x concentrated, 35 pts.

Top 3 top loaders:
Wisk New Stain Spectrum Technology Deep Clean, 61 pts.,
Tide Plus Bleach Alternative, 59 pts.,
Tide for Cold Water, 56 pts.

Bottom 5:
Trend Ultra Concentrate, 32 pts.,
Xtra Lasting ScentSations, 32 pts.,
W, 29 pts.,
Arm & Hammer Plus Oxi Clean Stain Fighter, 26 pts,
All 2x Ultra Stainlifter, 26 pts.
Thank you so much! This validates my passionate love for Wisk. I have an elderly cat with bladder issues, and the Wisk even gets out cat pee very well! (my poor, abused bath mats...)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kwpdb8 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 PM

destinymom has posted more than 75 good deals!
Thanks for all the replies especially the consumer reports ratings! I did get one bottle of wisk to try in one of my CVS transactions so good to know it is the 3rd top rated for front loaders!! I will also have to try the oxy clean stick like pp mentioned and like them I love Tide stain release also. Thanks everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to destinymom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 04:59 PM

melissazr0712 has posted more than 50 good deals
I have a question maybe someone can help. Is the Wisk the same size as the coupon on sale? I want to order coupons but want to make sure that they will work on the Wisk on sale at CVS.
The Following User Says Thank You to melissazr0712 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 05:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissazr0712 View Post
I have a question maybe someone can help. Is the Wisk the same size as the coupon on sale? I want to order coupons but want to make sure that they will work on the Wisk on sale at CVS.
Yep! I did this deal today. I got 6 bottles using the $2 off coupon from 10/16. After coupons and my $15.99 ECB from last week's iron supplement deal, I paid less than 33 a bottle! And that price doesn't even include my $10 CVS gc!
The Following User Says Thank You to newb83 For This Useful Post: