What's Up With CVS Ads Ending On Fri; NOTHING On Sat; Then Starts On Sun; Here In TX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
I'm in a New York state of mind...

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Important What's Up With CVS Ads Ending on Fri; NOTHING on Sat; Then Starts on Sun; Here in TX

Didn't know what was up with the sales ad/circular saying it was through May 6th, which was yesterday, a Friday; instead of Saturday.

I spoke to a clerk at the store who said it is something new; that the sales will end on Friiday; there will be no new sales on Saturday; and they will start for the new week on Sunday.

This is at a store I went to in Austin, TX.

I guess we will have to learn to live with it; but I feel bad for people who can't get to the store till or only on Saturday's.

I wonder if this is everywhere?

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

It doesn't matter that you get knocked down in life;
all that matters is that you have to get up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:17 PM

RE: What's Up With CVS Ads Ending on Fri; NOTHING on Sat; Then Starts on Sun; Here in TX

froggy78 has posted more than 10 good deals
I went to one store in OKC on Friday and they had taken all the ads down. I asked if the flyer was still good, they said yes but at around 4pm on Saturday it would be over. I went to another store today and same thing. I had to rely on my flyer to tell me the prices and watch the register like a hawk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to froggy78 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM

RE: What's Up With CVS Ads Ending on Fri; NOTHING on Sat; Then Starts on Sun; Here in TX

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy78 View Post
I went to one store in OKC on Friday and they had taken all the ads down. I asked if the flyer was still good, they said yes but at around 4pm on Saturday it would be over. I went to another store today and same thing. I had to rely on my flyer to tell me the prices and watch the register like a hawk.

WOW! Interesting! Thanks for the info! I had asked the clerk if any of the sales were still good today, & he said there would be no sales on Saturday. (I thought maybe they were still good even through the tags were down.)

I took his word for it; I just walked out after, I didn't scan or buy anything.

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:24 PM

momfuse has posted more than 25 good deals
I have two near me and on of them had already taken the sales down today.. The other one for some reason was not even open today, all the lights were on and there was someone stocking items close to the door but the doors were locked and the guy ignored me.. This was at like 1 pm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momfuse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 05:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momfuse View Post
I have two near me and on of them had already taken the sales down today.. The other one for some reason was not even open today, all the lights were on and there was someone stocking items close to the door but the doors were locked and the guy ignored me.. This was at like 1 pm.

WOW! Definitely makes you wonder, huh? That is strange!

I, personally, think they will lose alot of business if they don't have any sales on Saturday. I wonder if this is a "test" or what?

Thanks for your info!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM

momfuse has posted more than 25 good deals
Yes it does make you wonder.. I shop mostly on Saturday so I guess I will have to start changing some thugs around so I can get the deals.

Thinking of going sunday after I get my paper.. Usually the deal items are gone by Tuesday and I miss out on a lot of them due to shelf cleaners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momfuse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Exactly. I dont get my ad until Sunday then it takes me some time to plan it. Then throw in work, Saturday is my only day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to froggy78 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
That's why I just can't see this working. Saturday is too big of a shopping day for them to not have any sales. Saturday has ALWAYS been a huge shopping day. Cut out a weekday & I don't think anyone would complain. But this just doesn't make any sense.

I'm wondering if they are like Wags; where their sales overlap on Saturday; & that is why they are doing this; they don't want people to get the benefit of getting both week's sales that day. But if that is the case & their reasoning, then just change that; where the sales don't begin until Sunday.

I can't see this lasting too long. I think they are really making a big mistake. I think they will see their sales dip very quickly.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
aarevalo1647 has posted more than 100 good deals!aarevalo1647 has posted more than 100 good deals!
This is horrible!Ijust found out today I usually go and finish up my shopping today and this just doesnt make sense to me I will be emailing cvs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aarevalo1647 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
So I spoke with one of my SM and he said they are testing different sale cycles in different markets all across the US for the next 4 weeks. Each week for the next 4 week will be a different cycle. One with be a 4/3 so 2 different sales in one week, sales starting and ending on different days, etc. SM said the company wants to know what will work best and encourages/begging customers to call corporate and give their feedback.

I like it fine just the way it was. So you can bet I’ll be calling each week for the next 4 weeks to let them know. Here's their phone number.

For inquiries regarding CVS/pharmacy stores or ExtraCare call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287),
Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 6:00PM ET.

P.S. Springfield, MO and Kansas City, MO are on the same cycle for this test.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 PM

Rockpea has posted more than 1 good deal
I went into my store today and didn't see the deal that I was looking for either. I didn't bother to ask but thought it was strange. This was around 6pm. That has happened to me before, sometime last year, but it was a little later, about 8 or 9. I just thought I was too late or something.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockpea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfieldian View Post
So I spoke with one of my SM and he said they are testing different sale cycles in different markets all across the US for the next 4 weeks. Each week for the next 4 week will be a different cycle. One with be a 4/3 so 2 different sales in one week, sales starting and ending on different days, etc. SM said the company wants to know what will work best and encourages/begging customers to call corporate and give their feedback.

I like it fine just the way it was. So you can bet Iíll be calling each week for the next 4 weeks to let them know. Here's their phone number.

For inquiries regarding CVS/pharmacy stores or ExtraCare call 1-800-SHOP-CVS (1-800-746-7287),
Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 6:00PM ET.

P.S. Springfield, MO and Kansas City, MO are on the same cycle for this test.
Thanks so much for all the info!

It would have been nice if they would have put something in their circulars, like, "Beginning such and such date, the sales will run Sunday to Friday, with no sales on Saturday's blah blah blah...." , better than what I wrote, but still something to that effect.

I will also be calling. I've pretty much always been able to shop any day of the week, so it really didn't matter to me; plus, since CVS will give you a rain check, and you still get the ECB with the rain check, I was never in a hurry to get an item on sale (unless a corresponding mq was going to expire; rare occassion on what I wanted); but for all the people who can't shop on Saturday's, I will be calling for them. I still think there should be some kind of sale going on on Saturday; and again, as it was explained to me by the clerk, here, there will be no sale whatsoever on Saturday's.

Thanks again for all the info!

The Following User Says Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Gossamerwings has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The last time they did this, I ended up not ever shopping at CVS because it was too inconvenient for me. Then they dropped it and changed it back to the regular sales day. If they change it again, I will just stick with Wags.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gossamerwings For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:00 PM

I Love Chihuahuas

KayKmore has posted more than 50 good deals
That's weird, we have a grocery here that runs the ads mon-sat and everyone else is for 7 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to KayKmore For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamerwings View Post
The last time they did this, I ended up not ever shopping at CVS because it was too inconvenient for me. Then they dropped it and changed it back to the regular sales day. If they change it again, I will just stick with Wags.
WOW; so they did this before! I'm only couponing like 2 yrs I think; and only CVS probably a yr, maybe more; I forget (but Wags was first; they were later, and then, not that often, as they didn't have sales on the products I used much or often. Moved to TX & I lost RA, so substituted CVS for them & shop there a lot more often than before); so I guess I'm not with CVD long enough to have known they did this before.

So, it didn't work before; I could have guessed it wouldn't; dumb idea. And now they are testing it again?? Didn't they learn the first time?

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 PM

utcouponmama has posted more than 5 good deals
I was just thinking it was a thing they where doing here in Bastrop. Thank goodness I didn't use the extra gas to go into Austin. Kind of sucks because I normally can't get to the store until Sat. or Sun.
The Following User Says Thank You to utcouponmama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKmore View Post
That's weird, we have a grocery here that runs the ads mon-sat and everyone else is for 7 days.

That's funny; so Sunday is their day off; that grocery store.

For like 10 yrs, I lived in a County in NJ that had something called a Blue Law. They were not allowed to sell liquor on Sunday's, and all the stores were closed on Sunday; all the malls, etc, within that county (Bergan County). There were just your local supermarket and drug store, if I remember correctly; gosh, it's been over 12 yrs and I am drawing a blank; have to ask DH tomorrow - 1:30am & he is asleep ;o). But I do know for sure it was the malls were closed. I'm trying to remember if it was also all stores that sold clothes? I have to ask him tomorrow.

Every few yrs they would try to pass something saying the stores could be open on Sundays, but it was for so long, it never passed when voted on. Anyway, it was actually nice to have that day off, with no mall or shopping traffic, as the shopping area was HUGE. Everyone from NY would come out there (cause of no sales tax on clothes).

But again, you just got used to it.

But this just makes no sense to me; if the store is open, and Saturday is probably the biggest shopping day, have the sales!! Either the previous week, or start the new sales, but have some sales!!

Old 05-07-2011, 11:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by utcouponmama View Post
I was just thinking it was a thing they where doing here in Bastrop. Thank goodness I didn't use the extra gas to go into Austin. Kind of sucks because I normally can't get to the store until Sat. or Sun.
I don't know anything, but I cannot see this working. You are not alone, in not being able to get to the store till Saturday. I would think Saturday would be the biggest shopping day. Maybe Sunday cause that's when the sales start? I don't know; but either the biggest, or second biggest. Still, not a day to not have any sales!!

The poster above said they have done this before & it didn't work so they went back to the old way. Why would they think it will work this time? Makes absolutely no sense!

Glad you didn't drive into Austin for nothing; with the price of gas!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:53 PM

cococay has posted more than 25 good deals
im in springfield MO and went in yesterday assuming my sales were still good. I had no clue that they had ended on Fri.. I was under the impression that the new sales had started up but Im not sure becuase they had no flyers but they did have tags up for the news sales..

I really only ended up buying pantene and it rang up 2/6 with $2 ecb so I made out better than I expected anyway, but I wanted to know what the great deals were if the new ad had started and get stuff yesterday before stuff was gone.. oh well.. I will watch more carefully what my ads say now knowing that we are part of a test market.

Thanks for explaining that!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cococay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 02:00 PM

AFC Star Member

crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Last time they changed took me a while to train myself not to drop in certain day , wasnt that 4 or so yrs ago?
The Following User Says Thank You to crybaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococay View Post
im in springfield MO and went in yesterday assuming my sales were still good. I had no clue that they had ended on Fri.. I was under the impression that the new sales had started up but Im not sure becuase they had no flyers but they did have tags up for the news sales..

I really only ended up buying pantene and it rang up 2/6 with $2 ecb so I made out better than I expected anyway, but I wanted to know what the great deals were if the new ad had started and get stuff yesterday before stuff was gone.. oh well.. I will watch more carefully what my ads say now knowing that we are part of a test market.

Thanks for explaining that!!!
In the store I was in, the same thing; no flyers were out. All the tags for the sales that ended the day before were taken down; the only tags that were up were for the monthly deal (like the shampoo, that you were talking about). I assummed those were working, since they were still active, being monthly deals.

I was in CVS today for the Revlon deal, and double checked with another cashier I got; about there being no sales on Saturdays.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby View Post
Last time they changed took me a while to train myself not to drop in certain day , wasnt that 4 or so yrs ago?
That was what I had also said; if this is the case, we will have to live with it for the time being. Hopefully they will go back to it being the "regular" way with weekly sales for 7 days.

I can't believe they tried this before, and are doing it again.I guess they are seeing if there are different results this time around. I would think with this economy, the stores would not want to risk losing business on one of the busiest shoping days of the week. Who knows.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:15 PM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy78
Exactly. I dont get my ad until Sunday then it takes me some time to plan it. Then throw in work, Saturday is my only day.
Froggy78 - you can get the ads VERY early on this forum. Just check the "sticky" under whichever Drug Store you want the ad for and an ad scan will be there sometimes more than a week or two in advance. There are also other sites online that offer the ad scans early as well. I plan my drug store shopping sometimes up to 4 weeks in advance so I'll know exactly what the best deals are at each store so I don't end up spending $4.99 on Tide when I can get it for $4.99 + an RR two weeks later.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 PM

So an ad scan is the same as the flyer that comes in the paper? I may try that I'm just very visual so seeing the actual flyers help me.
The Following User Says Thank You to froggy78 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 04:54 AM

dollies222 has posted more than 1 good deal
7 Day Ad

Just checked to be sure and in Hurst, TX we still have a 7 day ad from 5-8 till 5-14.
Sorry if you got the 6 day ad.
Dollie
The Following User Says Thank You to dollies222 For This Useful Post: