What Does "Pending Verification" Mean? *UPDATE*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 09:41 PM

RE: What does "Pending Verification" mean? *UPDATE*

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

CouponSavvyFun has posted more than 400 great deals!CouponSavvyFun has posted more than 400 great deals!CouponSavvyFun has posted more than 400 great deals!CouponSavvyFun has posted more than 400 great deals!CouponSavvyFun has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiess05 View Post
I had a weird situation with the new system this week. I was buying two Revlon products. I had the following.

$4/12 Cosmetic CRT
$3/1 Revlon CRT
2- $2/1 IP

She originally scanned the coupons in that order. It beeped and refused the IPs. She said lets try something. Voided everything she had put in. Then she scanned the 2 IPs first, no beeps, then the $3/1 CRT, no beeps, then the $4/12 CRT and no beeps. It was the exact same coupons and the exact same products, but scanning them in that order the computer accepted them. So apparently order really matters now with the new systems.
Tonight I did 2 almay lipgloss and used (scanned in this order)

$4/$12
$4 ecb
2x $2/1 MQ
Threw in a caramel.

So you are incorrect on order mattering. Not sure what your problem was but I am willing to peg it on the revlon coupons + truncated bar code on product. Cashier probably manually entered the mq's without saying anything.

Here is another tidbit of info for those saying no negative balance. The cashier totaled the balance after the $4/$12 cosmetic crt to ensure the registered accepted (being I was 2c short $12) crt was no longer pending, then did the same for the $4 ecb. Then put the MQ's through. I ended up with negative balance and threw a carmel in.

So if you need to go negative have the cvs coupons go first then total it out, them MQ's will still pay tax. Of course you must have a truly cool cashier for this as I can see some cashiers rejecting it.

I have also been getting the overage from the sobe coupon.

ETA: I can also confirm that expired coupons do scan as normal with the exception that when the cashier hits the total button, expired crts and ecb will highlight in red and the cashier will have to hit a button to either accept or deny them. My store previously did not accept these coupons expired but now does as long as it is within 1 week. Had a long talk with the manager about it.

Last edited by CouponSavvyFun; 11-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponSavvyFun For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Kpine1
I have a question about the new update. I plan on buying 31.00 worth of items before coupons, am I still able to use a $6/$30 crt? I have read that people had trouble since the crts don't verify until AFTER all MQ's are scanned.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ibis has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryccc View Post
Has anyone seen the new registers that says pending verification each time a coupon is scanned?
I think that might have been what happened to me. Eventually all the coupons went through, although two required overrides from the cashier.

These were both manu coupons.

Last edited by Ibis; 11-03-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:41 AM

hagenbud has posted more than 100 good deals!hagenbud has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchweasel
WITH THE NEW SYSTEM YOU WILL NOT GET OVERAGE WITH CVS Qs. It does not matter what order. I've tried both ways. The system "holds" CRT/CVS q until all other coupons are scanned. It will adjust them accordingly. These were straight forward transactions with only 2-3 items in the order and plenty for overage. The only thing that has been giving me overage is when the MFR Q auto-deducts.
I also got overage with the CVS UKotex coupon. I had 12 Snickers and the small UKotex liners that cost $1.57 - the $2.00 q went through with no beeps, problems, pending, etc.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 PM

Kalenika has posted more than 10 good deals
Anyone try to use an expired % with the new system? Do they work?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM

jrc6473 has posted more than 50 good deals
I did a transaction today with lots of coupons. I asked the cashier to apply the $10 beauty bucks that I had sent to my card. He said that he couldn't because the system didn't see any ECB on my card. I showed him the print out from the RM and he took it and manually deducted the amount. I just came home and saw the BB are still there. Any ideas why they don't see them when I checkout?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc6473 View Post
I did a transaction today with lots of coupons. I asked the cashier to apply the $10 beauty bucks that I had sent to my card. He said that he couldn't because the system didn't see any ECB on my card. I showed him the print out from the RM and he took it and manually deducted the amount. I just came home and saw the BB are still there. Any ideas why they don't see them when I checkout?
My guess is that the cashier didnt know how to access that screen after accidentally going past it. I had been told by several different cashiers that once they go past that screen they cant get back to it. Because they were % coupons (that couldnt be easily manually figured) we voided and re did the trxns. It wasnt until someone on here told me that it is possible to get back to that screen that I knew that it was even possible. This was all pre update, system could be different now but this is what I would suspect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM

Savvy shopper

My Mood/Status:
lillyjax has posted more than 150 good deals!lillyjax has posted more than 150 good deals!
Delete

Last edited by lillyjax; 11-03-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Omg this is a cluster. My transaction today ended with owing a penny then us trying to figure out what coupons weren't used. Ugh. I had one CVS coupon that adjusted down 9 cents and I still owed a penny. I'm curious how this will all work out as we go along. Especially with order or totaling.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!
I really, really, really dislike this "pending verification" thing. It makes it impossible to watch that all crt's are deducted properly. I like to watch as we go along so it's easy to catch any issues, but that's no longer possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to ksdisneyfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 12:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
kbfreedom2012 has posted more than 200 great deals!kbfreedom2012 has posted more than 200 great deals!kbfreedom2012 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had a cashier tell me today that anytime you use two of the same coupons, it validates. I just responded with öhhh" as I knew that wasnt right. But she pushed them through anyway on her end. Not even sure which coupons they were.

Cashiers still dont know the new system either
Old 11-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
This " pending validation" is such a pain. My well planned less than 2 minutes transaction took 20 minutes to complete. Had a little chat with manager about the policy on expired CRT, he said they will only take up to 2 weeks expired, but if the register refuse it they won't take it.

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
A devoting wife
to a wonderful Coastie
Old 11-10-2013, 04:49 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't really mind the new update. What I do is I have my cashier scan cvs qs first, then total it out, go back and then scan the mqs and then I pay. I can still pay tax with my mqs. One positive thing about this new update are the self checkouts, they are so much better than they were before with the new update.

The Following User Says Thank You to CouponCrazzii For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2013, 06:15 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponCrazzii
I don't really mind the new update. What I do is I have my cashier scan cvs qs first, then total it out, go back and then scan the mqs and then I pay. I can still pay tax with my mqs. One positive thing about this new update are the self checkouts, they are so much better than they were before with the new update.
A lot of cashiers won't do that though, that's part of the problem. I specifically hand them in order: CVS coupons, ECB, MQs. And they will sometimes set the CVS coupons aside for last. I feel like they've caught on
The Following User Says Thank You to Remy3188 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 PM

beartoothmountainmama has posted more than 300 great deals!beartoothmountainmama has posted more than 300 great deals!beartoothmountainmama has posted more than 300 great deals!beartoothmountainmama has posted more than 300 great deals!
Went tonight to get the Pepsi deal.
Purchased
4 12 packs diet Pepsi
1 cvs aspirin
6 snickers
3 three musketeers
3 mm candy bar
9 Pb twix
Used 2 each. 2/2 diet Pepsi
3 b1g1 snickers
1. B2 g1 3 musketeers
4 b2 g1 mars
1 cvs 4.99 off aspirin from CRT
Paid 10.48 oop I'm doing this from memory so I could be wrong on the change.

Once again, the cashier scanned the b1g etc.. Coupons- but did not put in the price. I had to tell him that the coupons aren't coming off. He swore that they did- but I told him the price was not going down. I've been through this before with Same cashier- I explained that he needed to enter the price manually- and I already wrote the prices on the q's for him.

After that- the CRT would not go off pending verification. He showed me the screen- it said CRT has expired, or does not match card. Both are incorrect. I just printed out the coupon and the card matches. The store mgr had to come up and manually enter it.

Last edited by beartoothmountainmama; 11-10-2013 at 06:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to beartoothmountainmama For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Olivia80 has posted more than 50 good deals
Awesome info everyone. Tysm
Is there any kind of coupon order to avoid pending verification ?

Last edited by Olivia80; 11-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia80 View Post
Awesome info everyone. Tysm
Is there any kind of coupon order to avoid pending verification ?
No, it will happen for any CVS coupon. To clear the 'verification' all the cashier needs to do is hit the Total key.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 11:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
hgary06 has posted more than 200 great deals!hgary06 has posted more than 200 great deals!hgary06 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
No, it will happen for any CVS coupon. To clear the 'verification' all the cashier needs to do is hit the Total key.
Yesterday, the manager was doing my transaction and at the end he said the total was $11 when I figured it to be $2. There was a bunch of "pending verifications". I told him to check again and he then did something and the total went to $2. Very annoying.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgary06 View Post
Yesterday, the manager was doing my transaction and at the end he said the total was $11 when I figured it to be $2. There was a bunch of "pending verifications". I told him to check again and he then did something and the total went to $2. Very annoying.
What he did was hit total. That forces the pendings to clear (or be rejected but I havent seen that happen yet).

Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 AM

cvsemployee has posted more than 25 good deals
"Pending Verifications" means that the new system is checking the validity of the coupon. It tells us if the coupon is good, expired, belongs to another card, or doesnt qualify for the purchase due to lack of requirements met. It was a paib at first, but honestly is way better than the old system. It also tells us what, if any, coupons are on your CVS card and when they expire. Theres also a receipt button which allows us to switch back and forth between the coupons and the receipt to make sure requirements have been met. Each store if different in regard to expired coupons. But with the new system, all coupons scan, or can be manually inputted into the system using the coupon # under the barcode, making the use of expired coupons trully at the discretion of the cashier. Some with push them through, others won't.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvsemployee For This Useful Post: