BOGO & Cents Off Beeps At CVS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

couponmom618 has posted more than 5 good deals
Thank You BOGO & cents off beeps at CVS?

My BOGO and cents off never used to beep at CVS but now they are beeping if the BOGO AD. If they manually enter the BOGO the cents off doesn't beep. I have tried handing over the BOGO first and handing over the cents off first but it always beeps and the cashier won't accept the second q. Anyone else have this happen? I am sure the BOGO AD and attaches to both items.... so that is why it is beeping but WHY all of a sudden and WHY not everywhere ? LOL

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 AM

RE: BOGO & cents off beeps at CVS?

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!
Mine to . I never had them beeped now they always are beeping
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
They are all beeping at my cvs too. I think the registers have been reprogrammed.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I havent been CVSing much since the coupons have stopped for me so I havent noticed this. Are you sure overage isnt being created? That has always caused beeps for me.

I have also only ever had the AD corrected a couple of times at CVS and the last time was months ago so I havent experienced the non beepage if the AD is corrected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!kitcatx0x has posted more than 400 great deals!
Oh that might be my problem because my bogo coupons always take full value off .
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 AM

Yes its not creating overage. It irks me that people are posting that it works for them and it doesn't here. I don't think the registers would be different since they are the same registers . It's not just one brand either, its ALL BOGO & cents off qs. They even beep at RA and its in their policy to accept (not in CVS policy anymore though so you can't argue it).

it's not that big a deal to me, just frustrating when I see people post this deals and it's not always valid everywhere.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponmom618 View Post
Yes its not creating overage. It irks me that people are posting that it works for them and it doesn't here. I don't think the registers would be different since they are the same registers . It's not just one brand either, its ALL BOGO & cents off qs. They even beep at RA and its in their policy to accept (not in CVS policy anymore though so you can't argue it).

it's not that big a deal to me, just frustrating when I see people post this deals and it's not always valid everywhere.
AD has always been ymmv. If it makes you feel any better, I have never gotten AD at RA so you are getting that when others arent!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
AD has always been ymmv. If it makes you feel any better, I have never gotten AD at RA so you are getting that when others arent!
LOL. I get AD at CVS no problem. Using a cents off at CVS doesn't work when combined with a BOGO that AD because it beeps. And since CVS took it out of the policy that they accept both together, I only use the BOGO.

My BOGO never AD at RA. But, when I use a BOGO and a cents off there, they still beep... even though their policy still states that they do accept cents off with a BOGO.

I am by no means complaining. I only pay tax at CVS and have more then enough in my SP.. I was just wondering if I was the only one or if I was doing something different then others.. but it appears that it's not just me. May be a sign of what is to come for everyone...
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponmom618 View Post
LOL. I get AD at CVS no problem. Using a cents off at CVS doesn't work when combined with a BOGO that AD because it beeps. And since CVS took it out of the policy that they accept both together, I only use the BOGO.

My BOGO never AD at RA. But, when I use a BOGO and a cents off there, they still beep... even though their policy still states that they do accept cents off with a BOGO.

I am by no means complaining. I only pay tax at CVS and have more then enough in my SP.. I was just wondering if I was the only one or if I was doing something different then others.. but it appears that it's not just me. May be a sign of what is to come for everyone...
If you contact CS and ask if you can use them together they will tell you that you can. Then they will contact the store where you are having issues and explain it to them.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
I havent been CVSing much since the coupons have stopped for me so I havent noticed this. Are you sure overage isnt being created? That has always caused beeps for me.

I have also only ever had the AD corrected a couple of times at CVS and the last time was months ago so I havent experienced the non beepage if the AD is corrected.
I'm 100% sure no overage is not being created. It doesn't matter which order you give the coupons, they beep. The last one I used was edge bogo. Bought 3 @ $3.49 each and used a $1/1 with bogo (max value $3). Beeped.

I haven't used any simple or JF yet. But all P&G are beeping, suave (bought 4 = $12 used 2x bogo $5 and $2/2 = $12 no overage), and edge.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreepwi View Post
I'm 100% sure no overage is not being created. It doesn't matter which order you give the coupons, they beep. The last one I used was edge bogo. Bought 3 @ $3.49 each and used a $1/1 with bogo (max value $3). Beeped.

I haven't used any simple or JF yet. But all P&G are beeping, suave (bought 4 = $12 used 2x bogo $5 and $2/2 = $12 no overage), and edge.
I'm noticing the same thing. Interestingly, yesterday I got 8 Edge, used 4 BOGOs and tried to use 4 $1/1. Only two went through yet there was about $13 worth of edge remaining.

Here is my observation. My %s were all screwed up BUT if they were calculated into the deal, the register stopped accepting qs when I hit zero rather than allowing overage. Hmmmm. Now, the order had to be rung twice. The first time I believe the cashier did do the %s right away so the register knew they were there. The second time I didn't even try the two other $1/1, I was more concerned with my %s being off.

Eta: It seemed like the deal went like this:
8 @ $3.49 = $27.92
(3) 20%= leaves $14.30
4 BOGOs = leaves $2.30
2 $1/1 = $.30
Won't take more qs

Positive Thoughts

Last edited by Quazel; 03-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sounds like you used bogo before $/1. It's normal for me the past year for the $1/1 to beep that way. I used the other way around and it was the bogo that beeped, my cashier manually entered it. In the past a bogo entered last should not beep. So I really didn't have a problem because I have a great cashier. I also did not use any % coupons nor was I at a 0 balance on the register. I paid a $6+ balance in ecb.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I did BOGO before $1/1. I always used to do it the other way but I recently had a time it would take the $/1 and none of the BOGOs, it was a Gillette deal. In this case I was willing to not get the $1/1 since it was ready a mm but I wasn't going to lose out on the BOGO. The question I have though is why it took 6 qs on 8 products, not 4 or 8.

Positive Thoughts

Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
I did the simple combo on Sunday and there were no issues with accepting both. I only had one 20% so I wasnt near overage territory. Jill--it is odd that your register stopped taking it at the 30 cent mark. It wasnt prompting for that last one to be entered at 30 cents? Usually that is what happens when you have more coupon value than product value, it asks to reduce the last coupon down to whatever makes the products free. It doesnt just say that the last one cant be accepted. Besides, that seems a little too sophisticated if that is what is happening. I would be impressed though.

No theories on the why people are having issues now. But that just doesnt seem right to me.

ETA: I feel like I have had the issue where it accepts an odd # of coupons...not the whole number or half the number. I think it has happened to me with razors recently. I love the high value BOGOs because if there is a beep I just say it is probably because it is a high value coupon and we dont have to go through the whole counting items, explaining qualifiers/ coupon policy, calling a manager over thing. Well we still need the manager but just to turn the key. No explaining necessary. Anyway back to the issue at hand. I remember the $s going through, then one or two BOGOs going through. So I felt a 'phew, no beeps, nice!' kinda feeling. Then the 3rd and 4th beeped. It was the mgr ringing me up and he just pushed them right through after asking if I was certain I got the right ones.

Last edited by monkeydawn; 03-15-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn
I did the simple combo on Sunday and there were no issues with accepting both. I only had one 20% so I wasnt near overage territory. Jill--it is odd that your register stopped taking it at the 30 cent mark. It wasnt prompting for that last one to be entered at 30 cents? Usually that is what happens when you have more coupon value than product value, it asks to reduce the last coupon down to whatever makes the products free. It doesnt just say that the last one cant be accepted. Besides, that seems a little too sophisticated if that is what is happening. I would be impressed though.

No theories on the why people are having issues now. But that just doesnt seem right to me.
I did Simple in the same transaction, 2 BOGOs and 2 $2/1, no beeps. It was weird. The $.30 is after %s though. Before %s there was $14 left to go.

Positive Thoughts

Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazel View Post
I did Simple in the same transaction, 2 BOGOs and 2 $2/1, no beeps. It was weird. The $.30 is after %s though. Before %s there was $14 left to go.
I got that. I figured you were saying that the register was sophisticated enough to know that the $1 would put you in overage (overall) and that was why it wasnt accepting the coupon. However in just a straight overage situation the register always asks to reduce the last mfr coupon. Unless you are thinking that bit of programming got lost in the shuffle.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn

I got that. I figured you were saying that the register was sophisticated enough to know that the $1 would put you in overage (overall) and that was why it wasnt accepting the coupon. However in just a straight overage situation the register always asks to reduce the last mfr coupon. Unless you are thinking that bit of programming got lost in the shuffle.
I was wondering if there was a chance the registers have been reprogrammed and were taking %s into account. I really don't think so because they still have to do all of the recalculating. I agree, MQ overage just asks for a reduction, this was not that message.

Positive Thoughts

Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
About the bogo razor coupons beeping. When they first were released I used them as usual no issues at all. A week or so later people were reporting them attaching to both items and not being accepted. I reported in that thread I had used them with no issues. The following week I used the same coupons and the second to last bogo coupon beeped no item found. Manager pushed both through after asking how many I purchased. This is why I think it is an update on the registers. Also could be why some people are having issues and other not.

I have no information regarding % coupons.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Yesterday I tried to use the edge bogo and 1 $1 off coupon. The bogo beeped and the manger said that I could only use 1 coupon either the bogo or the $1 off. I asked why I couldn't use the $1 off on the one I was buying. She gave me the system has been redone to not accept but so many coupons. I was so confused she was talking in circles. So I just left.

Is this right?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 05:12 AM

djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have been experiencing the same thing. The computers are not accepting a second coupon with a BOGO. It has happened especially on the razor coupon and the Edge.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!Chase121698 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just went and read the coupon policy.

The two examples that it gives is the store having a bogo sale. So they should just push them thru if the ocupon beeps/

What if you have a bogo free coupon?

Last edited by Chase121698; 03-16-2013 at 05:20 AM.