How Do The % Off Coupons Work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!
How Do the % Off Coupons Work?

I called CS today to find out about whether or not I was getting a % off coupon this week, and the CS I spoke with left me a little confused.

He said that the % coupons don't apply to things like the Nexxus deal, where the product is regular price but you get ecb back. He also said that in cases like the $4/$20 and $10/$50 that the $20 and $50 were suppose to be post-coupon prices. Was this guy right or wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannerink For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM

RE: How Do the % Off Coupons Work?

Planning and plotting!

hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerink
I called CS today to find out about whether or not I was getting a % off coupon this week, and the CS I spoke with left me a little confused.

He said that the % coupons don't apply to things like the Nexxus deal, where the product is regular price but you get ecb back. He also said that in cases like the $4/$20 and $10/$50 that the $20 and $50 were suppose to be post-coupon prices. Was this guy right or wrong?
Maybe he's new? Every other rep I've spoken with has said the exact opposite
The Following User Says Thank You to hdtracy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!botkyrka has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerink View Post

I have been told exactly the same in several stores regarding the % coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to botkyrka For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!
I know last week I used $4/$20 and the $10/$50, in the same transaction, and they were applied in conjunction with my other coupons. And I thought I'd heard/read of people using the % off coupons with deals that pay ecbs out. I just wanted to make sure before planning a deal.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Planning and plotting!

hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerink
I know last week I used $4/$20 and the $10/$50, in the same transaction, and they were applied in conjunction with my other coupons. And I thought I'd heard/read of people using the % off coupons with deals that pay ecbs out. I just wanted to make sure before planning a deal.
I've successfully used the % off for ECB deal, it just won't apply to sale priced items. I've chalked it up to a misunderstanding at the store level since every time I've called in to CS they've told me it can be used on anything regular price even if it is producing ECB. I think the stores are confusing promotional items with promotional pricing.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM

oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!
Yes, you can use % off on regular priced items that have ECB like Nexxus.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oxymoron For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
I got that from a guy at the CS 800 number, I guess I'll chalk it up to being new or something. I didn't want to work up a deal with Nexxus and other regularly priced ecb back items only to find my total a lot higher than I expected because the 20% didn't apply to something I thought it would.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think the confusion stems from the 'excludes promotions' line in the fine print. What fits based on what we see is that actually means excludes promotional pricing i.e., when something is $5.99 or 2/$10 you wont get a % off even if you only buy one even though you arent availing yourself of the special pricing. It is certainly understandable that some people think that terminology refers to promotions such as get a $10 ECB wyb $20 of Nexxus but that just isnt what we see happening with the coupon itself in use. This is all just my working theory based on what we see happening, no one official has ever explained it to me in this manner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Thanks, ladies! I trust your experience more than his "understanding of it". Nothing beats hands-on-experience! =D
Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Well I'm not sure the % off coupons you guys are using but the one I had did NOT work on the Nexxus deal. I had 2 stores tell me that and I confirmed that when I tried to use thee coupon and it wouldn't work.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM

Deals on 3 Wheels!

My Mood/Status:
recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kis309 View Post
Well I'm not sure the % off coupons you guys are using but the one I had did NOT work on the Nexxus deal. I had 2 stores tell me that and I confirmed that when I tried to use thee coupon and it wouldn't work.
you're talking about the one that was in the ad... this one was sent through email... it's different. I also had a problem using the "in ad" coupon. The emailed % off will work with Nexxus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Riding those savings home !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to recumbentrider For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 12:47 PM

araeser2 has posted more than 150 good deals!araeser2 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Ok this is crazy. Last week I got the nexxus deal used coupons and got the %off. This week I go to do the same exact deal with the %off that was in the ad and It didn't take anything off. Then she proceeded to tell me if it has extra bucks attached even if its not on sale I wouldn't get the %off. I told her I did it just a week prior but just dropped it because I didn't want to argue.... She scanned it because i had regular priced nail polish remover in my order and it took .40 off so its not because she scanned it. This makes it sooooo hard to plan a trip!
The Following User Says Thank You to araeser2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 PM

Planning and plotting!

The only ones that we know of that don't work with ECB offers are those ones that come out in the newspaper ads - all the others work just fine
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM

araeser2 has posted more than 150 good deals!araeser2 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Wish I would have known. Didn't really pay oop had coupons and ECBs. Oh well.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtracy
The only ones that we know of that don't work with ECB offers are those ones that come out in the newspaper ads - all the others work just fine
To add even more confusion t the topic, the in ad percent coupon worked fine for me,and others, with cb deals (including the nexus).

Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
bretoni has posted more than 75 good deals!
so if i have a 20% off and 2 10/50 , can i use them all in 1 transaction?
(email 20% off)
The Following User Says Thank You to bretoni For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Deals on 3 Wheels!

My Mood/Status:
recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!recumbentrider has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretoni View Post
so if i have a 20% off and 2 10/50 , can i use them all in 1 transaction?
(email 20% off)
YES! BUT keep this in mind... your pre-coupon pre-tax total needs to be $100 to use 2 $10/$50 crts. Also the $10/$50 crts will reduce the % savings. Say your total is $100 and you use 2 $10/$50 crts the % off will come off $80 instead of the $100.

Any coupon that scans as a "cvs coupon" will do this. These include beauty club reward and gbt.. among others. Extra bucks earned from weekly/monthly deals will scan as a "cvs mfr coupon" and will not reduce the % off savings.

Riding those savings home !!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to recumbentrider For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM

AnitaLB has posted more than 10 good deals
Does the % off come before or after MQ's?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:27 AM

oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!oxymoron has posted more than 400 great deals!
Before MQ.
The Following User Says Thank You to oxymoron For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Before MQ.
OH!! I need to refigure then, I was figuring them after... **rubs hands together greedily**
Old 10-20-2012, 07:10 PM

mdjohnson10
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
I think the confusion stems from the 'excludes promotions' line in the fine print. What fits based on what we see is that actually means excludes promotional pricing i.e., when something is $5.99 or 2/$10 you wont get a % off even if you only buy one even though you arent availing yourself of the special pricing. It is certainly understandable that some people think that terminology refers to promotions such as get a $10 ECB wyb $20 of Nexxus but that just isnt what we see happening with the coupon itself in use. This is all just my working theory based on what we see happening, no one official has ever explained it to me in this manner.
Wow! I am really learning here! So you're saying that if it doesn't have a sale PRICE then you can use the % off coupon even if it has a promotion....for instance next week Ensure products are Buy 3 Get 1 Free, but since it doesn't state a sale price I would still be able to use a % off coupon , right? Cause if so I am super excited! I always used to throw away my % off coupons because I tried to use them like twice and it never took anything off, so I was just super confused on how to use them and gave up! I am really appreciating this forum!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjohnson10

Wow! I am really learning here! So you're saying that if it doesn't have a sale PRICE then you can use the % off coupon even if it has a promotion....for instance next week Ensure products are Buy 3 Get 1 Free, but since it doesn't state a sale price I would still be able to use a % off coupon , right? Cause if so I am super excited! I always used to throw away my % off coupons because I tried to use them like twice and it never took anything off, so I was just super confused on how to use them and gave up! I am really appreciating this forum!
Nope, that would be promotional pricing still according to cvs. If the item has an ecb back the the percent off will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post: