Beauty Club, Auto-Deduct!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Coupon apprentice.

aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Beauty Club, Auto-Deduct!?

OK, so I was at CVS at lunch and bought some makeup on clearance. Fine, good! However, when I went to check out, my $5 beauty bucks were automatically deducted. Actually 2.77 of it!!! I would have preferred to save it, actually. That said, what happens to the other 2.23? Does it get used next time or is it a one-time deal where the rest is forfeited?

Has this happened to anybody? It was at one of those auto-checkout machines. It was crazy busy, and I didn't want to stand in a line 6 people deep for the $2. I should have, perhaps...

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM

RE: Beauty Club, Auto-Deduct!?

about to go shopping again!

My Mood/Status:
brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!brandywantsadeal has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
did you request that to happen?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
that's crazy...if that happened to me I would be upset - not sure why they did that but my store usually asks if I want to use any coupons on my card. However, regarding the rest of the money left - I don't think they use it next time. sorry that happened to you.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:06 PM

missiwt has posted more than 400 great deals!missiwt has posted more than 400 great deals!missiwt has posted more than 400 great deals!missiwt has posted more than 400 great deals!missiwt has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilh0909
OK, so I was at CVS at lunch and bought some makeup on clearance. Fine, good! However, when I went to check out, my $5 beauty bucks were automatically deducted. Actually 2.77 of it!!! I would have preferred to save it, actually. That said, what happens to the other 2.23? Does it get used next time or is it a one-time deal where the rest is forfeited?

Has this happened to anybody? It was at one of those auto-checkout machines. It was crazy busy, and I didn't want to stand in a line 6 people deep for the $2. I should have, perhaps...

It should only auto deduct if you sent it to your card. Otherwise call cs. Unfortunately you lose the remainder if the bucks were used. I have had cashiers ask if I wanted to lose some bc my total was less n I said no way
Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 PM

guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!guera185 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I accidentally hit the "send to card" button on one of my beauty bucks last week. Then when I went to check out on Sunday, I couldn't use my free Cortaid CRT because it would have given me a negative balance. I didn't figure out what had happened until I checked my CVS account online and saw that the beauty bucks had been used. So in essence, I ended up paying for the Cortaid with my beauty bucks.

I normally never send things to my card because then you lose control over how they're used, but once you hit the send to card button, mistakenly or not, you can't get it back. I was never asked if I wanted to use the beauty bucks either, so I'm thinking they auto deduct. Will have to be more careful next time.
The Following User Says Thank You to guera185 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I bet the the machine does it. I once sent beauty bucks to my card. Every transaction after that the cashiers asked if I want to use my $5 coupon. It was a few transactions before I was at $5 to use it. Every time they asked about a $5 coupon. I bet the register saw it as a coupon and used it. I would call CS and ask about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Positive Thoughts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Quazel; 07-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've never sent ECB to card but with $/$$, the cashier will give you a choice while the SCO just uses it automatically. But that is only if your purchase qualifies. Surprising that the ECB wouldn't have a similar catch.

Definitely call CS, I bet they will send you the amount you lost.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 PM

Thinking mode

My Mood/Status:
Tana Thlang has posted more than 400 great deals!Tana Thlang has posted more than 400 great deals!Tana Thlang has posted more than 400 great deals!Tana Thlang has posted more than 400 great deals!Tana Thlang has posted more than 400 great deals!
I usually send it to card, but ive never had any issues with them using it automatically. My cashiers always asks me if I want to use my beauty bucks.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nascarcutie07 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just got the 5.00 ecb for beauty after spending $50 , is this for beauty only or can it be used on anything ?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarcutie07
I just got the 5.00 ecb for beauty after spending $50 , is this for beauty only or can it be used on anything ?
You can spend it on anything. It is a normal ECB but It usually expires in 2 weeks, shorter than usual. HTH!

Positive Thoughts

The Following User Says Thank You to Quazel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 AM

Coupon apprentice.

aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aprilh0909 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
DANG IT! That makes me so mad. I will never send to card for Beauty Club again! I will also think twice before using the self-serve check out machines.

BOO! I may call CS just to air my complaint. Not that it will do anything, of course. But I could have gotten another PF for that. BOO!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilh0909
DANG IT! That makes me so mad. I will never send to card for Beauty Club again! I will also think twice before using the self-serve check out machines.

BOO! I may call CS just to air my complaint. Not that it will do anything, of course. But I could have gotten another PF for that. BOO!
I would absolutely call. I agree they may not do anything but how were you to know a register would automatically take almost half of your earned ECBs away? It isn't like it was a coupon you were expecting overage on. It is cvs cash that you earned and the register took. I am now all worked up about it !

Positive Thoughts

The Following User Says Thank You to Quazel For This Useful Post: