Where To Get $4/$20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
randmfox has posted more than 150 good deals!randmfox has posted more than 150 good deals!
Where to get $4/$20

I have seen the coupons on ebay for $4 off $20 but just unsure of how many can be used in different transactions, or once I use it, my card will no longer accept any different 4/20 coupons??

Can someone break it down a bit??
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM

RE: Where to get $4/$20

My Mood/Status:
cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I believe they are altered coupons so they are technically not legitimate and this forum does not allow any discussing of such.

The only legitimate ones are the ones emailed to you by CVS and are tied to your card. You can register your card online and give them your email addy if you have not already and they will send you one.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
they are not legit?!! good to know... i was planing to buy couple.
The Following User Says Thank You to vile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not sure if they're legit or not - if you're referring to ones purchased from ebay or whatever. The purchased ones have been getting a LOT of discussion lately... I've never used one myself - I'd like to hear others chime in about their legitimacy because usually they're tied to your card number, therefore limit duplicating them. ??

However, to answer another part of your question:
Not ALL $4/$20's are not legit. CVS sends them out periodically via email or puts them on their website as part of a promotion, the redbox spits them out, etc. You can use one for every $20 you spend before coupons, NOT including sales tax. You cannot stack more than one (i.e. use TWO $4/$20's on a $20 sale), however you can usually use two if your total accommodates all of them (i.e. use two $4/$20's on a $40 sale).

Once you use it, it's gone. The cashier takes it and puts it in the register with the rest of your coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I've been wondering the same thing myself too. CVS nevers e-mails me any $/$$ coupons so I was checking some out on Ebay. But really how do those people get ahold of those $/$$ CVS coupons that can be used with any card? Sounds kinda fishy...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!vile has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i stopped getting $/$$ coupons from CVS long time ago. maybe not all coupons are attached to card number. i remember... sometimes i used to print $/$ coupon from my email and give it to my friend if i was not planing to buy anything. she did not have any problems. it used to be one time use. coupons from read box are attached to card number.
The Following User Says Thank You to vile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy319 View Post
I But really how do those people get ahold of those $/$$ CVS coupons that can be used with any card? Sounds kinda fishy...
i was wondering the same... how can you have so many.... some sellers sell 12 at a time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vile View Post
i was wondering the same... how can you have so many.... some sellers sell 12 at a time.
I believe they somehow mess with the URL and are able to generate coupons from the system.

There are TONS of fraudulent coupons on Ebay. I bought one the other day for Victoria's Secret (unknowingly) and I did some research and found it was from a contest LAST YEAR and they had changed the date and put my name on the coupon to make it look legit, however it still scanned properly in their system and gave you the amount off. I had to demand my money back and once I told her I knew what she did, she immediately refunded me. I never used the coupon and never would, that is really mest up.

Last edited by cortneymt; 01-06-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
i called CVS . Customer service lady said coupons on ebay are ILLEGAL. i can not believe it. i go to my CVS almost every sunday. Some cashiers know me. it would be so embarrassing to show up with fraudulent coupons.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good for you for checking up on it. A good reputation at your store and a good relationship with your cashiers are worth far more than $4! It can be hard to know sometimes when something is legit or not and it's better to check than to be embarrassed - or worse!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
randmfox has posted more than 150 good deals!randmfox has posted more than 150 good deals!
Lots of info here. Some say they are legit and some say not!! I don't want to do anything illegal, nore do I want to mess up the reputation of honesty that I have aquired at my CVS!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess this is the reason why I'm hesitant to purchase coupons off ebay, etc. You just never know. I sure don't want my reputation tarnished and linked to using fraudulant coupons. Just not worth it -
The Following User Says Thank You to JudyFos For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Is it Sunday yet???

My Mood/Status:
thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I purchased them before I knew they were illigal. but they worked
Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!
So you can print the ones they email to you more than one time?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:21 PM

mdsmiley has posted more than 300 great deals!mdsmiley has posted more than 300 great deals!mdsmiley has posted more than 300 great deals!mdsmiley has posted more than 300 great deals!
I purchased some finish coupons on ebay that came with a $4/$20 CVS q. The coupons were the same price as the other sellers so if it is a fraud it won't be the end of the world. I will let everyone know what happens when I get it. The seller had a good reputation on ebay. I didn't even think about the fact that it might be a fraud. I just thought there was a region out there putting those qs in their paper or mailing them home. I used to get a ton of them in my paper.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

waiting for the next deal...
Coupon Queen in training

My Mood/Status:
murphydoodle has posted more than 100 good deals!murphydoodle has posted more than 100 good deals!
I bought some yesterday and used them today. My store let me use them and then (politely) said that they are probably fraudulent. I was SO embarrassed! I apologized profusely and they know that I really try to play by the rules. They said that it is theoretically possible that the coupons are legit if they are drawn off a "universal card." However, the coupon bar code should be the same as your CVS card.

I am pretty sure that I have preserved my relationship with my CVS, but in retrospect, it wasn't worth the savings. I am already so spoiled with all the deals I get at CVS. The last thing I want is to mess up that relationship.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
I know that these coupons DO work, but really think they are fraudulent. So I guess it is up to the individual to decide whether they will use them or not since the registers won't be doing the choosing for you.

I do think, however, that RiteAid shoppers have had their equivalent of these coupons taken away because of rampant copying. I don't have a RiteAid so I'm not 100% certain, but I think I've seen this while skimming their boards. I wouldn't want this to happen to us - getting a legit $4/20, $5/$25 or the rare $3/$15 via email or regular mail has slowed down for a lot of us and I'd hate to have them taken away altogether.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think the ebayers are just getting lots of cvs cards and lots of new email addresses and filling out the form to get the 4/20
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryccc View Post
I think the ebayers are just getting lots of cvs cards and lots of new email addresses and filling out the form to get the 4/20
That would be a hell of a lot of work for a few bucks. I doubt it, not store would allow that many cards to be given out to one person and like a previous person stated, they would have to be from a universal card to work on any card or else they would beep.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Mom2Ender has posted more than 200 great deals!Mom2Ender has posted more than 200 great deals!Mom2Ender has posted more than 200 great deals!
Don't buy them off ebay. They must be fraudulent in some way. Any purchase based coupons (which is a $4/$20 for example) that I have ever seen (I'm an employee) are linked to a card, unless it was a special one in a holiday book. Universal cards should not print coupons, not ecb's either. If you have gotten coupons while thinking the cashier scanned a universal card it's because many cashiers will just scan a blank card and dispose of it or put it at the bottom of a pile and sometimes coupons will generate that way (they're trying to keep their universal scan % down). Now as far as printing them out and giving to a friend, if it worked then that is up to that cashier. They may have just manually entered it without mentioning it, or without question. But technically...a coupon needs to match your card. (the numbers appear near the bottom of the receipt) The system will beep if it doesn't match. Even if the ebayers are legitimately receiving these coupons, they should not be transferred across cards. CVS store coupons not linked to cards will be given out in the store, for example at the register we sometimes have sheets of coupons, or in the cosmetic section, or holiday books. Sometimes coupons may be mailed, but many mailed coupons are also specific to certain customers as well. Just play it safe and don't do it. (I noticed that on ebay it won't even show a picture...very fishy...)

Technically purchase based coupons (which is what a $4/$20 is) are limit one per transaction, it'll state on the bottom of the coupon (I've been on maternity leave for a couple months, but I don't think the coupons stopped saying this). However, it has become common practice, at least in my store, that we will use more than one for a customer if the total reaches what it would in 2 transaction (for qualifying items, example: can't be used on liquor). So if you have 2 $4/$20 coupons, and your total is $40 or more of qualifying items then I would do it manually if I had to. However, not all stores will. It's one of those manager discretion things. Nothing stopping you from separate purchases in that case though
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mom2Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 AM

ksgirl has posted more than 50 good deals
Thanks Mom2Ender for this explanation... I've bought and used them, but will no longer. I had no idea they would be fraudulent... I'm glad we have you on here!!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!alicia4207 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Almost bought these tonight after seeing so many people saying "i have a few $/$$s to use" in the cvs forum but now... ABSOLUTELY NOT! And after seeing them on ebay you can totally tell most if not all are illegal, the pictures are made in paint bucket, and notice they don't even say where it came from.. I want CVS to somehow put a stop to this because I swear I haven't gotten a $/$$ in weeks, I bet this is why, they're afraid to send any out.

I got a 20% off purchase, but what the heck am i supposed to do with this?! It says REGULAR sale items... couponers don't buy anything regular price! grrr!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Romeo 1 yr.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alicia4207 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 AM

authorofthedeal has posted more than 100 good deals!authorofthedeal has posted more than 100 good deals!
Since it has been established that fraud is involved with the printing and using of these "coupons", how about a stop to allowing people to post scenarios using the fraudulent coupons?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by authorofthedeal View Post
Since it has been established that fraud is involved with the printing and using of these "coupons", how about a stop to allowing people to post scenarios using the fraudulent coupons?
We're not supposed to. If you see a post that you know they're using those 4/20s, click "report" and the mods will pull it down.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia4207 View Post

I got a 20% off purchase, but what the heck am i supposed to do with this?! It says REGULAR sale items... couponers don't buy anything regular price! grrr!!
I just got a 20% off coupon too, I'll print and take it with me just in case I buy something reg. price.