4 Off 20

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AshleyL has posted more than 10 good deals
4 off 20

I had a quick question about how CVS registers 4 off 20. Is it done AFTER all the CVS coupons and MCFs?

I had a subtotal of about ~29 before coupons. I had some sent to my card, and then had some MFC, CVS coupon and 1 beautybuck. She scanned every other coupon (MFC, CVS and BB) first and the last one to scan was the -4/20. I was told the 20 couldn't be applied to the basket. I asked maybe she could scan the 4 off 20 first but she said it's a policy to scan everything else first. Could someone clarify?
The Following User Says Thank You to AshleyL For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2017, 08:34 AM

RE: 4 off 20

My Mood/Status:
sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
From recent experience, I can't use a $/$ (ie $4/$20) AND a $/$ crt (ie $3/$15 cosmetics) together and only have $20 in my buy. In order for the CVS coupons to go thru - I'd need $35 in this scenario. In a couple of cases, my $/$ will go thru fine, BUT all my crt's will come up red and the cashier/MOD doesn't have a button that they can override things.

I'm not sure about the CVS policy of when / how staff have to scan things staff is usually cool when I ask they scan certain things first.
I've had staff scan my $/$ first and last - and it didn't matter when the $/$ was scanned, the $/$ product crt's will come up red

Last edited by sfshoppergirl; 08-12-2017 at 08:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfshoppergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 04:33 PM

AshleyL has posted more than 10 good deals
You know, I did have a $3/$15 which I tried to use it with my $4/$20. From what I recall, they USED to work fine before and I thought with almost $30, it would scan thru.

I did ask her to scan the $/$ first but she said they have to scan the coupons in a certain way because of 'policy'

So for future reference, I should consider both $/$ value of both coupons to find out how much I should spend?

No matter how much I try to plan, I always seem to mess up with CVS hauls.
The Following User Says Thank You to AshleyL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 05:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sfshoppergirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yeah, if it were me - if I had a $/$ and a category $/$ - ie cosmetics, you need both. If the product crt has no qualifer, ie $4 Centrum crt - THEN you can throw it into an overall $/$.
CVS used to be easier it's only been in the last several weeks where things have becoming "interesting". Others are experiencing the same pains.

My buy's used to be super easy, but with the changes, I've had more void's or, I'm breaking up my buy now. I walked from a $10/$50 the other day, and MOD was like, "why?!! don't you want the $10 savings?" my reaction - cuz it was more OOP. It was easier for me to break up the buy & still get what I wanted, as I didn't want to make things difficult for staff.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:45 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
You know, I did have a $3/$15 which I tried to use it with my $4/$20. From what I recall, they USED to work fine before and I thought with almost $30, it would scan thru.

I did ask her to scan the $/$ first but she said they have to scan the coupons in a certain way because of 'policy'

So for future reference, I should consider both $/$ value of both coupons to find out how much I should spend?

No matter how much I try to plan, I always seem to mess up with CVS hauls.
There is no written policy available to customers that discusses the order coupons must be scanned. That's BS. But CS is mostly just telling people that stores have the right to make up their own policies to protect their interests so you really dont have any recourse other than finding other staff/ store for now.

The CRTs are mostly just FUBARed now. There seems to be no rhyme or reason when or how some are rejected or reduced. It certainly doesnt align with written policy. That said...

the policy has been for many, many years now that when combining $/$$s you must spend at least the sum of all $$ (in correct categories, if applicable). So if that was the issue for these particular CRTs (it may have been some other issue altogether, really no way to know) then that is how the coupons should be functioning per written policy. Stores could choose to accept them even if you didnt spend the sum of all $$s, and many did provided it was beepless, but they never really had to take them.

I finally spent down my last ECBs last week. I still have lots in CVS GCs so I am keeping my eye out to see what's going on and when would be a good time to get back in. But, for now, theres no "testing" stuff for me. It just became too much work/ stress for too little reward to coupon at CVS for me these days. I was pretty sad about it on the day it happened even though it had been a long time coming for me. Thanks to all who report things and help keep me informed of how CVS is really working!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.