Tide Rebate Card

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
alisonw2277 has posted more than 100 good deals!alisonw2277 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Tide rebate card

Just wanted to share my experience the other day in hopes that no one makes my mistake I did a large transaction, probably had about 30 q's in it so it was quite time consuming for my cashier. I was going to pay my OOP with my tide rebate card and ECB's. I handed over my rebate card to the cashier and he swiped it.....THEN my ECB's wouldn't work!! I guess it did something weird with the register and my cashier could only enter in a form of payment (cash or credit) for the remainder of the balance. He was young and said OH NO I think I am going to have to rering ALL that! Well needless to say I felt bad AND I was worried that even if he voided and rerung everything my rebate wouldn't work again!! ACK! I paid the remainder of the 26.00 balance OOP just to make it easier for all of us even though I had plenty of ECB to cover my oop. Another lesson learned in this crazy coupon world
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 09:24 AM

RE: Tide rebate card

0o

mojodupe has posted more than 200 great deals!mojodupe has posted more than 200 great deals!mojodupe has posted more than 200 great deals!
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonw2277 View Post
Just wanted to share my experience the other day in hopes that no one makes my mistake I did a large transaction, probably had about 30 q's in it so it was quite time consuming for my cashier. I was going to pay my OOP with my tide rebate card and ECB's. I handed over my rebate card to the cashier and he swiped it.....THEN my ECB's wouldn't work!! I guess it did something weird with the register and my cashier could only enter in a form of payment (cash or credit) for the remainder of the balance. He was young and said OH NO I think I am going to have to rering ALL that! Well needless to say I felt bad AND I was worried that even if he voided and rerung everything my rebate wouldn't work again!! ACK! I paid the remainder of the 26.00 balance OOP just to make it easier for all of us even though I had plenty of ECB to cover my oop. Another lesson learned in this crazy coupon world
Yes it would not work because you are at payment. You must use your ecb before your payments.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!mrbigglesworth1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
OUCH. I did that a few times when I started couponing. The only option is to rering it all up which they are never very happy doing. But learning the hard way is the best way to not forget that again.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
alisonw2277 has posted more than 100 good deals!alisonw2277 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigglesworth1 View Post
OUCH. I did that a few times when I started couponing. The only option is to rering it all up which they are never very happy doing. But learning the hard way is the best way to not forget that again.
Yes for sure! Lesson learned A rookie mistake that I won't do again LOL!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you explain what happened to the manager he may allow you to post redeem the ecbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
If you explain what happened to the manager he may allow you to post redeem the ecbs.
I'm not sure if I follow? The cashier did call over the manager and she said to rering or just pay......
Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonw2277

I'm not sure if I follow? The cashier did call over the manager and she said to rering or just pay......
Ok. At a more friendly store a manager might ask you to pay but then offer to give 'cash for coupons' for the ecbs you couldn't use during the Trxn. The 'cash for coupons' is an actual selection for them on the register or at least it used to be. I am not certain if it is available after the reprogram.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
And FYI the rebate card would have worked if the Trxn had been voided. It works just like a credit card for the most part.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Ok. At a more friendly store a manager might ask you to pay but then offer to give 'cash for coupons' for the ecbs you couldn't use during the Trxn. The 'cash for coupons' is an actual selection for them on the register or at least it used to be. I am not certain if it is available after the reprogram.
WOW! I had no idea that was an option..that would have been cool! Thanks for sharing that!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM

"I have a coupon for that!"

My Mood/Status:
hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hayandtays mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have never had to do the "cash for coupons" before...until a few days ago. Something wacky happened with my transaction and it wouldn't take my EB. So they gave me cash for them. This was all after the "updated system" so I am sure it is still an option.
and DD Taylor(12)
and my rescue kitties Zoey
Chevy
& Moochie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hayandtays mom For This Useful Post: