Auto-deduct - How Do I Know?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hkystar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Auto-deduct - How do i know?

I am just starting back with CVS after a long hiatus (thanks to an awful store shift manager)...

How do I know if my store auto-deducts?

Is a self checkout machine more likely?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM

RE: Auto-deduct - How do i know?

My Mood/Status:
SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think it is just hit or miss. The CVS I went to today let the auto deduct go through at first and then the cashier corrected it. I have read that yes, self checkout is better. We do not have self checkout.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
CouponBeth has posted more than 200 great deals!CouponBeth has posted more than 200 great deals!CouponBeth has posted more than 200 great deals!
My store has auto deducted in the past without issue but today while I was using the Bic BOGO coupon, the cashier wanted to adjust the coupon down. She called the manager over and he told her to leave it alone and that the store gets reimbursed the correct amount anyway. She pointed to me and said "What about her?" and he told her that it was my lucky day. Love that manager
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponBeth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 11:20 PM

woodlevans2 has posted more than 5 good deals
There are specific methods

There are specific methods to find out if your BOGO coupon will auto deduct the full max value off, instead of the price of the item. Here are the ways to tell:
1.) To begin, this method only works at CVS.
2.) Check to make sure your BOGO coupon has the new GS1 Databar barcode ONLY. Some coupons have both this barcode (right) and the UPC (left). Unfortunately, the coupons that carry both barcodes will not auto deduct.
3.) Works at SOME CVS self-checkouts. When I say SOME, I mean that not all self scans have been upgraded to read the new barcode, so this would mean that an override would be necessary for BOGO coupons. At self-checkouts that have been upgraded, the coupon will auto deduct at the full max value.
4.) If the price of 2 products (i.e., Gum for 2/$1) is less than the full max value of the BOGO coupon (i.e., BOGO Gum up to $1.79), then the BOGO coupon will not go through (only for new barcode coupons).
5.) Profile your cashier to see who will be the least observant to check what the value is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woodlevans2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM

misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!
do only BOGO coupons auto deduct? How about coupon for a free item with a max amount?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misspink View Post
do only BOGO coupons auto deduct? How about coupon for a free item with a max amount?
i believe mine always need the amount entered.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think it is just hit or miss, and have learned to never count on it. Some cashiers will enter an amount and others will just scan it and it comes off. The Higher Value ones at CVS Like the bogo Gillette Disposables I believe because it is over $10, they need a manager's override, so they have always entered the amount. With the HE one a while back though, every time I used one it took off the full value of what the Q allowed.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 AM

bluezzy has posted more than 200 great deals!bluezzy has posted more than 200 great deals!bluezzy has posted more than 200 great deals!
i was just wanting to know if you return something to cvs using qs,do you get full prce or or price after qs?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezzy View Post
i was just wanting to know if you return something to cvs using qs,do you get full prce or or price after qs?
You should get the price item was before any discounts, However if you paid with ECB's they may put it on a GC. I have read others have gotten different, But they are still being reimbursed for the Q's, so they should give you full value.