Early Activation Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mosafam has posted more than 10 good deals
Help Sign early activation help

how do i know when my store activates the sunday deals on saturday? i want to do this weeks and next weeks shopping together with the early activation of the sale using my 20%
will the early acitvation give me extra bucks on next weeks sale also? and what is an item i can buy that will prove that next weeks sales are working on saturday... any help? im nervous because i want to use my 20% with both weeks
so whats the cheapest item i can try to buy that will prove it
and my store closes at 10pm so anyone know the time they might activate it? im in illinois so does illinois stores do the early sales or is it all the cvs
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM

RE: early activation help

uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uhdt2007 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Carrot

You can call the store and ask. They may start at 4 pm. You don't have to buy anything, just get an item you know should be on sale and scan at the red machine.
The Following User Says Thank You to uhdt2007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!yarmoly5 has posted more than 300 great deals!
it all depends on the manager on duty

i once went at about 6ish at a store that i knew activates early- i double check by scanning an item i know will be on sale and it rang up not on sale!

so i mentioned it to the cashier and he called the manager on the phone and he said " she will switch it over now for you " i was surprised ! all i had to wait was a few minutes and the early activation was switched on. i was also surprised the manager was sooo nice! (she later let me triple stack- something i never attempted before) its nice when everything goes your way for once!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3/22/12 to a

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.: SAHM to a
3 month old baby girl (6-18-13)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhdt2007 View Post
You can call the store and ask. They may start at 4 pm. You don't have to buy anything, just get an item you know should be on sale and scan at the red machine.
i read somewhere you have to buy something that generates extra bucks. so i just need to scan an item thats on sale like the puffs tissue? wow so easy thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!todd74 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosafam View Post
i read somewhere you have to buy something that generates extra bucks. so i just need to scan an item thats on sale like the puffs tissue? wow so easy thanks
Also, understand that it updates in alphabetical order, so, just for example, if you scan a Colgate item to see if it switched over, and you have an Olay item, you have to be careful that they have all switched over. I have the times down that my CVS managers change the sales. There isnt a set time, like someone else said, it really is up to the manager. I go into the store about 15 minutes to sometimes an hour before the change over starts, helps me figure out what they have, and get all my transactions in order. They have allowed me on multiple occasions to fill my carts and push them behind the counter till sales change over if I get done too early. My CVS's are AWESOME! HTH
Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd74 View Post
Also, understand that it updates in alphabetical order, so, just for example, if you scan a Colgate item to see if it switched over, and you have an Olay item, you have to be careful that they have all switched over. I have the times down that my CVS managers change the sales. There isnt a set time, like someone else said, it really is up to the manager. I go into the store about 15 minutes to sometimes an hour before the change over starts, helps me figure out what they have, and get all my transactions in order. They have allowed me on multiple occasions to fill my carts and push them behind the counter till sales change over if I get done too early. My CVS's are AWESOME! HTH
I did not know that. I always figured it was an all of nothing kind of thing. Now I have to do MATH and SPELLING on a Saturday. Arg!
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM

New to Saving!

My Mood/Status:
portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn

I did not know that. I always figured it was an all of nothing kind of thing. Now I have to do MATH and SPELLING on a Saturday. Arg!
Noo!!! Lol I think I may go permanently cross eyed! Lol first all this math now spelling too!?!?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
so how would i know about the physcian formula deal that gives $7 extra bucks on regular price purchase????
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd74 View Post
so how would i know about the physcian formula deal that gives $7 extra bucks on regular price purchase????
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM

New to Saving!

My Mood/Status:
portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!portugeseprincess17 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosafam View Post
Try scanning something and seeing if its showing up for the next day sale. That should let you know if it's kicked over yet or not. I really really REALLY wish the MCM would show if an item gave an ecb or not when we scan something. That would make it so much easier
The Following User Says Thank You to portugeseprincess17 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 AM

babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!babybleueyes1017 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I was told by a manager that the 24 hour stores do not activate early but the others switch over at 4
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybleueyes1017
I was told by a manager that the 24 hour stores do not activate early but the others switch over at 4
Our 24hr store switches over at 11pm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post: