Extra Care Bucks = Manufacturer Coupon??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!
Extra Care Bucks = Manufacturer Coupon??

I'm new to shopping at CVS since I can only go every month or so (it's 2 hours away from where I live). However, I shop regularly at Walgreens. At Walgreens, their Register Rewards work as manufacturer coupons, so I have to buy at least as many items (without using manu coupons on them) to use Register Rewards. I'm curious about CVS, though, and despite looking at multiple sites, I can't find this answer.

When redeeming CVS Extra Care Bucks, how does it work? Do they function as manufacturer coupons? Or if I was to buy something like a Pillow Pet for like $20, could multiple ECBs be put towards that one item? Or is it more like Walgreens where it's where only one ECB can attach to one item?

(I hope I'm making sense!)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 AM

RE: Extra Care Bucks = Manufacturer Coupon??

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
CVS is very different from Walgreens in how the Extra Care Bucks (ECBs we call them) work..you can use immediately and they are just like cash and can be applied to a purchase immediately after receiving..the one thing to keep in mind though is you cannot "bank" the difference on an ECBs..for example; lets say you have an ECB for $5 and your total purchase is only $4..you would lose a dollar if you used that $5 to pay for that purchase. and unlike shopping at Walgreens; the ECBS do NOT count like a manuf coupon ..so that tiresome business of having one item for each ECB or coupon you redeem is not a factor at CVS....a tip for you is to avoid receiving large denomination amounts of ECBs as it's harder to roll them that way...the ideal situation and goal to attain is to constantly "roll your ECBs" meaning everytime you buy something with ECBs you receive ECBS back..sometimes it's not possible due to lack of deals available or things you need/don't need, expiring of ECBs but that is the goal and the way to maximize savings while shopping at CVS...hope this helps and I would suggest reading the CVS forums as much as possible to learn how others set up their shopping trips. Good Luck!

Oh meant to address your question about buying an item with ECBs..yes you could combine several ECBS to pay for a purchase..that is why we love CVS so much! and keep in mind you could on one item, apply a CRT (coupon from Red coupon machine that you scan every trip), a manuf coupon plus a CVS store coupon on ONE item and even a $/$$$ CRT you might get as well...in addition to ECBs you might have!

Last edited by gdaniel5; 07-20-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!One_Kayla has posted more than 150 good deals!
That helps a ton! Thank you! I definitely like the ECB program a lot more from the looks of it. I, sadly, only make it out to CVS once a month, though, so I don't have the chance to roll them, I don't think. Won't they expire before a month is over?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 AM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Also make sure to sign up for the beauty club, for every $50 (before coupons are scanned) spent on beauty items cvs gives you $5 ecb... And at CVS if there is a deal that says spend $25 get back $10 ecb you do NOT have to spend $25 in one transaction, you can do multiple transactions and even on different days of the week... It's all tracked on your extra care card... Wags was my first store to learn, thankfully those dang "fillers" were/ are a headache.... Lol....
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Welcome! You might find reading the CVS 101 thread very helpful!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 AM

cc2005 has posted more than 100 good deals!cc2005 has posted more than 100 good deals!
CVS ECB's expire one month from print date so if you work your deals out you might be able to swing it making a trip per month Good Luck!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:42 AM

FSOT BOGO Qs

lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lululu888 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaniel5
CVS is very different from Walgreens in how the Extra Care Bucks (ECBs we call them) work..you can use immediately and they are just like cash and can be applied to a purchase immediately after receiving..the one thing to keep in mind though is you cannot "bank" the difference on an ECBs..for example; lets say you have an ECB for $5 and your total purchase is only $4..you would lose a dollar if you used that $5 to pay for that purchase. and unlike shopping at Walgreens; the ECBS do NOT count like a manuf coupon ..so that tiresome business of having one item for each ECB or coupon you redeem is not a factor at CVS....a tip for you is to avoid receiving large denomination amounts of ECBs as it's harder to roll them that way...the ideal situation and goal to attain is to constantly "roll your ECBs" meaning everytime you buy something with ECBs you receive ECBS back..sometimes it's not possible due to lack of deals available or things you need/don't need, expiring of ECBs but that is the goal and the way to maximize savings while shopping at CVS...hope this helps and I would suggest reading the CVS forums as much as possible to learn how others set up their shopping trips. Good Luck!

Oh meant to address your question about buying an item with ECBs..yes you could combine several ECBS to pay for a purchase..that is why we love CVS so much! and keep in mind you could on one item, apply a CRT (coupon from Red coupon machine that you scan every trip), a manuf coupon plus a CVS store coupon on ONE item and even a $/$$$ CRT you might get as well...in addition to ECBs you might have!
Wait! There's a new change to their coupon policy? I thought they used to accept one CRT and one MF per item, and CRT is considered a store coupon. I'd like to know if they indeed made changes to this!!