Receipt Damaged, Return?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!
Receipt damaged, return?

A few weeks ago there was a sale on John Frieda products. I purchased shampoo, conditioner, and a shine spray. I just tried the spray and I HATE it. It's mainly just alcohol and smells like hair spray. Anyways I want to return it but my receipt, something spilled on it right where it shows the price of that product and stuff. Do you think they could return it? It was on sale for $6.

Another thing.. I returned some vitamins this week the same day I bought them (just realized I didn't need that many vits) and the cashier told me I had a "recent return" and couldn't do it. I haven't returned anything before that except something I was rebuying to use a coupon on.

I really don't want to be stuck with this horrible "moisture" spray that doesn't work but I don't want the CVS thinking I'm one of "those" couponers .
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 AM

RE: Receipt damaged, return?

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
As you said I would be very careful returning items that earned you ECB or Cash Cards. The thing with CVS is that they are amazing at working with you but in their Return/Exchange policy they state every single Return or Exchange is at the managers discretion. So if you show up on their radar it could cause you problems.

I think as long as the barcode is scannable they should be able to pull it up for the return. Even if not managers are pretty forgiving and they would find a way to make it work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Want to get fit in 2014? Join us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think a lot of the return process is automated after they scan the bar code and the product. At least it seems to be the couple of times I have done a return.

I would agree with dana though that if it was part of a cc or ecb deal then I wouldnt return it unless I was willing to surrender whatever bonus I got too. Usually I end up just giving away product that I dont want/ like since likely they were free or close to free. I generally only do returns if a deal doesnt go as advertised and the store staff cant figure out a way to make the deal right.

Most of my returns at CVS are clearance items not ringing up correctly. I would watch better but most stores around here have approximately nine square inches of counter space so I am unloading the cart whilst the items are scanned.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 AM

krysmoma has posted more than 1 good deal
Yes, they will accept the repeipt because it has a scan code which looks up the item and they can also look for the price on the shelf. Hope this helps.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 AM

Stockpiler in Training....

My Mood/Status:
de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!de32628 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Call John Frieda and tell them about your dislike. Likely they will send you coupons for other items and you can donate the spray you didnt like.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by de32628 View Post
Call John Frieda and tell them about your dislike. Likely they will send you coupons for other items and you can donate the spray you didnt like.
That's a very good idea, call the company and state the reason why you dislike the product, in other words use their guarantee. That way you'll stay off the CVS radar as a person who buys the product to receive the reward and then return it for cash. The other day, I overheard a cashier tell a customer they don't do returns if an ECB was earned.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Grounded for Life

bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeter_aurion View Post
Another thing.. I returned some vitamins this week the same day I bought them (just realized I didn't need that many vits) and the cashier told me I had a "recent return" and couldn't do it. I haven't returned anything before that except something I was rebuying to use a coupon on.
How weird I never heard of a return limit didnt even know they tracked stuff like that makes you wonder how them people are able to buy stuff and return immediatly if they are tracking it
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!Shaylee has posted more than 300 great deals!
Thanks I gave the product to my mom and I'm going to send an email to John Frieda about it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:50 PM

Just wanted to update everyone, I contacted John Frieda about this and another product I was unhappy with and they sent me two coupons! Free Sheer Blonde and Free Brilliant Brunette products! Can't wait till a deal rolls around to use these