Corporate Says No More Accepting Expired Extra Bucks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
corporate says no more accepting expired extra bucks?

The 2 stores that I shop at regularly have always (as long as I've been a regular) accepted expired extra bucks. Both of them only accept them for the week that they expire in, but that's better than nothing and I usually notice if I've let some expire within a few days.

So, I went in to CVS today and I was told by the shift supervisor that they had gotten an email from corporate and they are no longer allowed to accept expired extra bucks at all. Unfortunately I was planning on using $8 that were expired. She went ahead and let me use them because I didn't know about the change but she said from now on they would not allow them to be used.

I was just wondering if anyone else with a store that accepts expired extra bucks has heard this?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gravyqueen For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:01 PM

RE: corporate says no more accepting expired extra bucks?

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!antiqueforest has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yep, got that same info this week when I wanted to use a $10/$50 CRT from the red machine. The mgr showed me the memo that came down about the expired coupons and CVS being the first on the list on not taking expired anything CVS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Pretty much why I rolled all my ECB into cash cards. They dont expire.
The Following User Says Thank You to aubreepwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM

Loving The Summer!

My Mood/Status:
bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!bjalacy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Had the same thing happen. Went to both stores that has always accepted them and a no go due to a corporate email.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, My angel Cooper
and little Izzy
Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I spoke to the manager yesterday and she didn't mention it. I'll need to ask Saturday.

Want to get fit in 2014? Join us
!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 AM

german coupon freak in OH

My Mood/Status:
Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!
at one of the bigger CVS stores in this area they had notes taped to the counter that said "As of February 9th, 2012 we can no longer accept expired CVS coupons. Thank you" or something to that extent.
I haven't been in my regular CVS in over a week, so I don't know if they changed it,too. That would suck.
I have a $36 ECB from the Schick deal that expires on the 29th, and now I probably have to spend it on whatever just so I don't let them expire. UGH
Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 AM

Cjaxon05

My Mood/Status:
cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cjaxon05 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I was told that they got a memo and that they were not getting reimbursed for the expired coupons and extra bucks. So, they can no longer take expired"s.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I understand them not getting reimbursed for coupons that are accepted long past the expiration date but it's my understanding that they send in all of the coupons from a specific week at the same time every week. Let's use next week as an example.

Say that the store send them in on Monday every week and you've got extra bucks that expire on Monday 2/27, well they won't be send in on that Monday because the store has already gathered up the coupons to send for the week, so they won't get sent in until 3/4. It's my understanding (from my store's manager) that anything that they accept that week and gets send in by 3/4 will be reimbursed. Meaning that you should be able to use the extra bucks that expire on 2/27 up until 3/4 and the store should still get the money back.

Now, I'm not sure if this is correct but that's what the manager at my least coupon friendly store has told me.
The Following User Says Thank You to gravyqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 05:51 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
That's what the store I frequent does gravyqueen. They batch up coupons on Saturday nights so all coupons accepted that week are sent in together.

!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know at least one of my stores does things the same as Miss D and gravy. I haven't been there this week though, I will have to check. Thanks for the HU.

Positive Thoughts

Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 AM

verucasalt
its funny that you mention this about the expired ecb's.

my store never accepted expired mq's or ecb's, but would always take expired red machine q's. the other day, they said they can no long accept expired red machine q's, but will accept expired ecb's.

this is kind of opposite of what you say. but i am going to verify with SM this weekend.

a store close to my job, takes expired everything, always. not sure if they have had to change their policy. but i will be asking when i go later today.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have not been to my CVS this week, but will tomorrow morning. will see what I find out. thanks
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!grata33 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have a question about rolling ECB's into Cash Cards. Can you put your ECB's on a cash card at any time? Is there a minimum amount required to roll it onto a card? Is there any fee to do this? I'm just thinking maybe we should always try to put our ECB's on the Cash Card now... thoughts???
Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Spring, spring, spring!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grata33 View Post
I have a question about rolling ECB's into Cash Cards. Can you put your ECB's on a cash card at any time? Is there a minimum amount required to roll it onto a card? Is there any fee to do this? I'm just thinking maybe we should always try to put our ECB's on the Cash Card now... thoughts???
You can not put ECBs on a cash card. When you roll them, you are purchasing something that goes toward the cash card and paying for it with ECBs. So you are using up your ECBs but getting a cash card from the purchase.

Positive Thoughts

Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Grounded for Life

bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My store told me about the expired ECB's but they said they would still take them but not if they are 30 days or more expired
Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorris10 View Post
My store told me about the expired ECB's but they said they would still take them but not if they are 30 days or more expired
wow! I wish that my store would take them that far away. it seems like the less coupon friendly of the 2 stores that I shop at regularly are still accepting them as long as it's the "week of" expiration.

I'm glad that I used up most of my extra bucks and got back a bunch of cash cards. Right before Christmas I had about $200 and continuing to roll them was getting harder and harder.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Grounded for Life

bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bnorris10 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have several cards I use and the largest one I had - Had like $65 I finally got that down to about $35

Now that they are getting stricter on it I am trying to monitor my usage - I actually have one account that has 0 extrabucks with it - not sure how that happened i think i might have accidently used my extrabuck for that account on a different account

Yes my cashiers will even take extra bucks from other cards - Not that I ever done it on purpose but it has happened and they just force push it thru ... I even tried to get the lady to give it back to me once and she was like no its ok and stuck it in her envelope !!

Anyways my CVS are very friendly - Only have one lady and she is friendly but she and I don't mean to be rude but she is not the brightest bulb in the box ... Last week when the softsoap/speedstick was on sale - Well I didnt realize they (the speedstick) were on sale let alone part of the same ECB but they didnt have the soap but i noticed they had the speedstick on shelf so i whipped out my raincheck from the week before and got my 12 and of course it spit out a $5 ECB for the current weeks ad - So at first the guy was like I dont get it and thats when we realized it was part of the sale - So I was like ok so what I need is for you to print out my $6 ECB x 2 for the speedstick sale and then write me a raincheck for the soap but since I already got paid the ECB for the soap just put $0 ECB - And the manager came over while he was writing them out and she could not wrap her mind around what we were doing just shaking her head the entire time saying no no thats wrong but do it anyways ... I mean they owed me the RC for the previous weeks deal and I wanted the RC for the current weeks deal and she just could not figure out how we worked it out - Still made it fair as I will be buying the soap and just not get the ECB since I already got that
Old 02-24-2012, 07:33 PM

crazykiz has posted more than 400 great deals!crazykiz has posted more than 400 great deals!crazykiz has posted more than 400 great deals!crazykiz has posted more than 400 great deals!crazykiz has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreepwi
Pretty much why I rolled all my ECB into cash cards. They dont expire.
How do you roll into CCs? Nevermind just seen post explaining it. Duh

Last edited by crazykiz; 02-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Rlkitson has posted more than 100 good deals!Rlkitson has posted more than 100 good deals!
Went to my store today and they are still accepting up to 30days expired.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 PM

german coupon freak in OH

My Mood/Status:
Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!Elmo2205 has posted more than 200 great deals!
went to my regular store today and asked the manager.
He said he hasn't heard anything about this. They will continue to accept expired CVS coupons. The only ones they won't honor past the expiration date are the % off ones.
Yay!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 PM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
One local store used to take them unless one girl was working. Two men including a manager always took them. Recently though they have started saying that they are not allowed to be put through even a day late. I find this really odd being I have been allowed to use a coupon a day late. I hate some of the new changes.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We had a "floater" at my CVS today who told me this and wasn't going to accept my expired Qs (they take expired red machine and ECB's), but the manager took them and said it's not their policy yet. But I see the change will come

Come check out what's sprouting at Sprouts Farmers Market!

The Following User Says Thank You to YellowWoman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 07:17 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
I spoke to the manager at my CVS and they'll continue to accept expired coupons within the same Sun-Sat period.

!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!
I sure hope not. I have a $20 ECB from the Skintimate deal I just haven't found a good use for yet. Eeek.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I've let so many ECBs exp and not even try to redeem for this exact reason...oh well, looks like I've got to stay on top of them..thanks for posting!