Coupon Wording

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:19 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Coupon Wording

I have some coupons that say "Available at Wal-mart" and some that say "Redeemable at Wal-mart" . I was curious if CVS will take those or not ?
The Following User Says Thank You to AngBuck For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 11:23 PM

RE: Coupon Wording

mrshardyforlife has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngBuck
I have some coupons that say "Available at Wal-mart" and some that say "Redeemable at Wal-mart" . I was curious if CVS will take those or not ?
The should as long as its a mfr coupon with a mailing address and as long as it doesn't say "redeem ONLY at Walmart" hth.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrshardyforlife For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
It's a MQ just has the wording I put above on them. I don't want to have to go rounds with a cashier over what available at and redeemable at means
Old 12-12-2011, 12:48 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Their latest coupon policy excludes coupons with another stores name on them. The cashier would be in the right to refuse them.
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeewench
Their latest coupon policy excludes coupons with another stores name on them. The cashier would be in the right to refuse them.
I've never had a problem. Even just the other day I used a coupon that printed out from a Walgreens deal! It went through with no problem.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Correct.

It's written in the CVS coupon policy that MQ with another stores logo are not accepted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!coffeewench has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshardyforlife View Post
I've never had a problem. Even just the other day I used a coupon that printed out from a Walgreens deal! It went through with no problem.
They all probably scan fine and there will always be cashiers that won't pay attention.

But the bottom line is that you have to be prepared to not use them if you're told you can't. If you argue with the cashier, you will be in the wrong as they have clearly stated that this is their new policy. So if you're willing to risk it, go for it, but don't get bent out of shape with the cashier for doing their job. For all the anger over stores not following their own policy, it's only fair that it goes both ways and that we respect when we are in the wrong and know when to back away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeewench View Post
They all probably scan fine and there will always be cashiers that won't pay attention.

But the bottom line is that you have to be prepared to not use them if you're told you can't. If you argue with the cashier, you will be in the wrong as they have clearly stated that this is their new policy. So if you're willing to risk it, go for it, but don't get bent out of shape with the cashier for doing their job. For all the anger over stores not following their own policy, it's only fair that it goes both ways and that we respect when we are in the wrong and know when to back away.
I simply said I used it and it worked fine. I never once advised someone to argue with someone over their coupon policy. Nor would I get "bent out of shape" if I was told that it was against coupon policy. I think it's fine to offer advice, but please don't assume how I would be in any situation.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
I'm not one to try to misuse a coupon anywhere, that's why I asked the question Be kind of bad for me since my dad is a GM and has been since I was little
Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive...for some reason I always sound so rude when I post on my phone.

I never meant anyone was trying to misuse coupons, sorry about that. Honestly, unless it says redeem ONLY at, I don't even think it is misuse, just CVS's new policy. I guess I thought the OP was wanting to know if she should go in ready for battle (we've all been there) and I just wanted to point out that if you want to try the branded coupons, go for it, (so many CVS truly don't care) but don't think the cashier is in the wrong for doing what they're told (that's all I meant). Lately I've seen some really awful treatment of cashiers by couponers and I feel so badly for them . (Not on this board, in person while shopping.)

It's good to know what the policy is and I'm all for standing up for yourself when you know you're right (ahem, WalMart 99% of the time...).

Peace and happy shopping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coffeewench For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeewench View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive...for some reason I always sound so rude when I post on my phone.

I never meant anyone was trying to misuse coupons, sorry about that. Honestly, unless it says redeem ONLY at, I don't even think it is misuse, just CVS's new policy. I guess I thought the OP was wanting to know if she should go in ready for battle (we've all been there) and I just wanted to point out that if you want to try the branded coupons, go for it, (so many CVS truly don't care) but don't think the cashier is in the wrong for doing what they're told (that's all I meant). Lately I've seen some really awful treatment of cashiers by couponers and I feel so badly for them . (Not on this board, in person while shopping.)

It's good to know what the policy is and I'm all for standing up for yourself when you know you're right (ahem, WalMart 99% of the time...).

You weren't rude With all the policies it's easier to ask here and someone will help. If I battle it's usually the Wal-mafia which is really sad that you have to do that over a coupon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngBuck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:

I apologize - I am quick to jump to the defensive. However, lately, it seems that cashiers are treating me as if I am trying to steal straight from their pockets when I am nothing but rule and policy abiding and as nice as I can be. I guess I'm just a little sensitive right now ! Sorry about that!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrshardyforlife For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

You weren't rude at all
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aww, what a nice resolution I hate when things get grouchy in the CVS forum - it's so rare and things can get rather feisty in the other forums Thanks, guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 AM

I'M BAAAACK!

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree Robbo! I love it when a slight bicker turns sweet. That seems to happen here at AFC a lt more often than in the other forums I have browsed. Could be why I rarely look at other forums anymore.

Glad to see that misinterpreted/unintentional remarks can be resolved.