Cvs Accepying Expired Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 04:27 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
adesigned has posted more than 200 great deals!adesigned has posted more than 200 great deals!adesigned has posted more than 200 great deals!
cvs accepying expired coupons?

I was at CVS yesterday and I bought 6 kids sauve shampoo for $10 (getting the $3 ECB) I asked if she could throw my coupons away bc i didn't realize they were expired and she said oh we take them. Is this right? If I try to use an expired coupon there again will every cashier take them?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adesigned For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 AM

RE: cvs accepying expired coupons?

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adesigned
I was at CVS yesterday and I bought 6 kids sauve shampoo for $10 (getting the $3 ECB) I asked if she could throw my coupons away bc i didn't realize they were expired and she said oh we take them. Is this right? If I try to use an expired coupon there again will every cashier take them?
This is very YMMV. Many CVS stores will take expired coupons but its in their coupon policy not to accept expired coupons. This definitely varies store to store and even manager to manager. I'm sure it may be different if you get a different cashier.

At my CVS I usually check out with the 3 same cashiers week after week so I know they're familiar with what the manager approves and doesn't approve. If I go in and see a different cashier and I'm trying to do something like use a coupon that expired that week I just leave and go back the next day I really don't like explaining things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Want to get fit in 2014? Join us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 04:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Right, so as a rule - no. But it's within the manager's discretion to accept expired coupons up to a certain timeframe because they can still submit them for reimbursement.

Some only accept expired CVS coupons.

And, I just learned the other day - if you have a raincheck for an item and a CVS coupon to go with it, they must take the coupon when you use the raincheck no matter how expired it is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 05:04 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
Right, so as a rule - no. But it's within the manager's discretion to accept expired coupons up to a certain timeframe because they can still submit them for reimbursement.

And, I just learned the other day - if you have a raincheck for an item and a CVS coupon to go with it, they must take the coupon when you use the raincheck no matter how expired it is.
I wish I had known this when they had the Illy coffee on sale for $1.99 and the CRTs for a free one were spitting out every day

!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post
I wish I had known this when they had the Illy coffee on sale for $1.99 and the CRTs for a free one were spitting out every day
I know, right? I wish I had known this for a bunch of little CRT coupons that I toss because the stuff is gone

Never again!
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!birdlady6262 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

I did not know this. Thank you. This is another good reason to read other threads, so we can all learn together.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
817BuyingQueen has posted more than 50 good deals
My Cvs the only one I really found that does, excepts expired CBS coupons Yeah! I really only shop there because I get so many ECB and they expire but they take them and say their store manager is so lenient on coupons, hope it never changes but I'm sure it will since I got like 600.00 worth of merchandise and paid Oop 0.00 plus got 9 ten dollar gc's and ECB on top of that manager had to override my coupons but whew happy savings =) shAred goodies with my favorite CVS people =)- its a discretion per store because I always ask before I serious shop at another. One customer asked if I was an extreme couponer and how much I had saved before and I told her Free plus ECB & I forgot to say GC'S too! Hope this helps someone. My cvs has cracked down on they say they won't return any clearanced items, I understand y but shees every item at some point will go clearance, but good to know.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:54 PM

Rihnen0823 has posted more than 200 great deals!Rihnen0823 has posted more than 200 great deals!Rihnen0823 has posted more than 200 great deals!
soo.. even if the kudos were out, you could get a raincheck and no matter what use the redbox coupons? great deal. ha!

my shop! www.etsy.com/shop/RaeLove
Old 11-19-2011, 07:35 PM

michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!michellewillis314 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Expired CVS kudos coupon

I have an expired CVS kudos coupon I want to try and use. It expired on the 18th though and I am going to try to use it tomorrow the 20th. Will it beep? Do you think the store will take it? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question for me
Old 11-20-2011, 04:45 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewillis314 View Post
I have an expired CVS kudos coupon I want to try and use. It expired on the 18th though and I am going to try to use it tomorrow the 20th. Will it beep? Do you think the store will take it? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question for me
It will beep. All expired CRTs do. I think it will mostly depend on the cashier and manager there at the time as to whether or not they'll accept it.

!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Hold everything! How did you learn this Robbo? Is it a YMMV or a corporate policy? I'm really starting to get the value of rainchecks the more I hear about them.

(Sorry OP, didn't mean to highjack your post.)

My store will take expires up to the Saturday after it expired. So...if I had a q that expired today, they'd take it up to 11/26. The manager explained that the reason she would is because she doesn't turn in her weekly sales totals, etc until then and it won't negatively impact the company...they'd still get reimbursed in other words.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
My store told me the same thing about taking it up to the Saturday it expired. Kinda stinks because my store has stopped the early Saturday activation which is when I got the best deals using these.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:39 PM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanville

Hold everything! How did you learn this Robbo? Is it a YMMV or a corporate policy? I'm really starting to get the value of rainchecks the more I hear about them.

(Sorry OP, didn't mean to highjack your post.)

My store will take expires up to the Saturday after it expired. So...if I had a q that expired today, they'd take it up to 11/26. The manager explained that the reason she would is because she doesn't turn in her weekly sales totals, etc until then and it won't negatively impact the company...they'd still get reimbursed in other words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminmom
My store told me the same thing about taking it up to the Saturday it expired. Kinda stinks because my store has stopped the early Saturday activation which is when I got the best deals using these.
My store has the exact same policy for the exact same reasons

!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!emgriffin0229 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
My cvs accepts expired cvs coupons within 3-4 days of their expiration date. Then again other cvs' in the area do not...it's really ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Old 11-20-2011, 07:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/help/cont...topicid=200018

Quote:
Q. What if I have a CVS/pharmacy coupon for the raincheck item?

A. The raincheck will extend the CVS/pharmacy coupon expiration date. Both the CVS/pharmacy coupon and raincheck must be presented at time of purchase. The raincheck will be attached to the CVS/pharmacy coupon by store personnel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks again, Robbo!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
LOPEZ380 has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm calling my two CVS' in the morning. I have alot of expired coupons I cannot seem to part with. Yipee; there is hope!