When Does One Ad End And Another Begin?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 AM
is probably at the ballpark somewhere!

My Mood/Status:
TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!TwiceBlessed has posted more than 300 great deals!
When does one ad end and another begin?

I had posted in another thread about whether your CVS starts the new week of sales on Saturday or not. I never knew whether mine did or not, so I went up there a bit ago with my last day of Sobe Qs in hand.

I noticed that while the Sobe was still BOGO, the Alive vitamins were already marked for the $9.99 ECB. I had a Q for that as well, so I went ahead and picked it up, plus a pack of energy chews w/ the $1.99 ECB.

Long story short, all my BOGO plus BOGO Qs worked on the Sobe still (which is last weeks ad) and the Alive rang w/ the ECBs as well (which is NEXT weeks ad). I just thought it was interesting....anyone else run across this? It would make it seem that on Saturday both ads are being honored? I may have gotten lucky but was wondering....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TwiceBlessed For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 AM

RE: When does one ad end and another begin?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

momtofor has posted more than 300 great deals!momtofor has posted more than 300 great deals!momtofor has posted more than 300 great deals!momtofor has posted more than 300 great deals!
My CVS starts on Saturday because it takes them most of the day saturdayto get sale signs up. Usually anytime after about 3pm on saturday they start puting up the ad so they go ahead and start the sale so they don't have to overrride the sale items. If you do buy something and the ebc does not print and they already have the sign up they will manually print it for you.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:30 AM

tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tikabear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
It would make it seem that on Saturday both ads are being honored? I may have gotten lucky but was wondering....
I ran into this a couple of months ago at my CVS when the Sobes were actually in the ad 2 weeks in a row (B1G1F the first week and $.77 each the next week). When I went in on a Saturday afternoon, the Sobes were ringing up at $.77 instead of B1G1F. After talking to the manager, she said that she typically puts the next week's ad into effect on Saturdays around 11:00 a.m. and that for the rest of Saturday both ads are in effect. She said normally the same item is not advertised 2 weeks in a row, but the Sobes that time were an exception. So, to answer your question, yes, both ads will be honored on Saturday. HTH!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tikabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!ladieebugg has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
my store starts the next week sales around 8 am on Sat. Mostly the stores that are not 24 hr stores start their sales sometime on Sat. If you have a 24 hr store most of them wait till 12 am Sun to start their sales.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sean (8) &
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Seth (4)