Expired Extra Bucks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Catrin has posted more than 25 good deals
expired extra bucks?

Hi... I had LOST my coupons .... ... but they were found.... so glad I put my name and address in them...

BUT>>>
They were found a week after my CVS EXTRA bucks expired... does anyone know if CVS will take expired ones?

Catrin
The Following User Says Thank You to Catrin For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 AM

RE: expired extra bucks?

I'm truly blessed!
Coupon Newbie/Stockpile Amateur

My Mood/Status:
oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!oneofakindmom86 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
i think it may be ymmv. i had one that was about 10 days expired just the other day, I hadn't realized it had expired and I asked her if I could still use it and she said sure! I also had my sil tell me that you can call in 1 time and they'll reimberse them to your card. so idk about that one. good luck, tell them your story, might help out.
Joshua 24:15
Old 06-27-2010, 05:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
gmarlee has posted more than 5 good deals
CVS policy is to take expired coupons. If the cashier does not take them ask to talk to the manager or just mention calling the DM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmarlee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 AM

shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shortygirlk2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
One of my stores used to, they were recently told that they shouldn't be, by the DM. I went to another store a few miles away, and they said they could take them within reason. I asked what that meant, and they said as long as they weren't like 5 years old. A couple months would be ok... I would have assumed both stores would have the same DM and given the same message...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
dargytaylor has posted more than 300 great deals!dargytaylor has posted more than 300 great deals!dargytaylor has posted more than 300 great deals!dargytaylor has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just the other day over heard a cashier tell a customer that she could not take her ecb because it has expired...the customer proceeded to tell her that they have always taken them....and the cashier responded with yes, but we have recently been told that is not allowed any more. The cashier was really nice about it......HTH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nicole
The Following User Says Thank You to dargytaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 AM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
I had also read that they would accept expired coupons from the magic machine but was told this week that they will only accept them if they are less than 1 week expired. Sometimes I don't spend mine immediately because I know a deal is either on-going or coming up that can be combined with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to flaminmom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM

daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think it must be up to the managers . We had a store that took them and when they got a new manager they stopped taking expireds.
Another store got a new manager and they now take them for one week after the date.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:08 PM

ISO--PAMPERS POINTS

My Mood/Status:
ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
i would check your store i had been throwing mine away as they expired if i had forgot about them but i found out the other day i can still use them so check with your store

**ISO-BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION**

**I GET LOTS OF INSERTS WEEKLY, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING PLEASE PM ME**
The Following User Says Thank You to ambtay79 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 12:12 PM

wakkun has posted more than 200 great deals!wakkun has posted more than 200 great deals!wakkun has posted more than 200 great deals!
I think it's up to the managers....@ one particular store, the day manager told me, expired ECBs accepted up to a week. I tried using one but went during evening time and got shot down by the night time mgr who was cashiering. The night time manager told me no expired ECBs at all. I mentioned about what the day time mgr said, but night time mgr would not budge so I canceled my order cuz didn't want to have too high OOP.

Next day, I was out running errands and went to another CVS that was bigger. Asked before ringing anything up and was told expired ECBs accepted up to a month.

Try hard to keep track of ECBs so I don't have expired ones so no need to worry about them at all and no need to ask to talk to mgr and checking the expired ECB policy.

I hope you will get to use yours without any problem!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM

is having the time of her life!

coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coco2 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have found that the ones open 24hrs are a lot more flexible with this.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Alice Walker has posted more than 1 good deal
Our CVS store will honor your earned "Extra Bucks" within reason but not Mfg expired coupons. For obvious reasons "sooner you use them the less likely to loose them". I tell our customers to keep them with their CASH, because it's CASH you have earned just like a pay check. Alice

Last edited by Alice Walker; 06-27-2010 at 02:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice Walker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 05:33 PM

threelibras has posted more than 5 good deals
They should be fine, most cashiers at my store will without a big fuss. If they are just a few days out, no problem. Any more than a week usually they call a manager to approve them, but it should be fine.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:38 PM

threelibras has posted more than 5 good deals
Making a threat to call the DM is pretty tacky gmarlee, considering the cashiers performance is graded, its not up to them whether or not to take them its coming straight from the corporate office. Most cashiers will take them if they are a week or so expired, if store policy is not to accept them, so be it. You let them expire, not the store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threelibras For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 AM

kwandrey21 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarlee View Post
CVS policy is to take expired coupons. If the cashier does not take them ask to talk to the manager or just mention calling the DM.
Ive never heard about this being cvs policy I work there and have been told by our regional loss prevention manager and my district manager that we Do Not take expired anything.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
PACountryMouse has posted more than 300 great deals!PACountryMouse has posted more than 300 great deals!PACountryMouse has posted more than 300 great deals!PACountryMouse has posted more than 300 great deals!
My local CVS (PA) will take expired ECB's up to one week after expiration date.

MY KIDDIES: 9 YR OLD DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 2 YR OLD DS
, and 1 YR OLD DD
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!mrsb28wolf has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have at least 20 CVS within 20 min of me. The main 24 hr CVS that I shop at will take ECBs up to a week expired. I do not have that leisure at the other CVS even though the DM is the same. I havent asked each and every one of them, but none of them have been so gracious and kind as the one this one. Thankfully this one is less than 5 min away, but I just got done telling my husband that I'd drive 30 min to shop there b/c of the wonderful CS that I receive.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 PM

No Fear
BADA-bing

My Mood/Status:
the1cyn has posted more than 10 good deals
When I was at CVS last week the cashier told me something really interesting. The cashier checked me out and gave me a $4.00 off anything coupon attached to my receipt. I said, " I hate when they give them to me, because I always forget to use them before they expire". The cashier then told me that they honor expired CVS coupons that print out on your receipt. So this week I took two expired coupons in and even told the cashier they were expired. She said, "No problem", and used it. Cool, uh?
The Following User Says Thank You to the1cyn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 01:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!countrygirlrobin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My mother had expired extra care bucks the store would not except them emailed corporate this was their reply They also sent her a new card she had not ask for a new card it had a 4/20 with it it had expired 5/31/10 she just received it last Saturday in the mail. Then I called about that and spoke with a lady she said I am showing that you have a 4/20 when you use the red machine it will print or with a purchase we went Monday night no coupon printed and she product a pack of gum no coupon printed so I emailed them back about that also with no response. but anyways this was the reply about expired

Thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare in regards to your expired coupons.

I am sorry to hear that your coupons expired before you were able to redeem them. Unfortunately due to system constraints we are unable to reissue those coupons or issue any type of credit. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Last edited by countrygirlrobin; 06-30-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: copy and pasted in wrong place
The Following User Says Thank You to countrygirlrobin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 PM

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
*Some* CVS's will take expired extrabucks and/or coupons but it is NOT corporate policy. If a particular store accepts anything expired, GREAT rejoice and be thankful that you have a lenient store. If a particular store does not take anything expired, well that's why there's a date on the ECB/coupon, so that you know your time limit to use it. There's no reason to call and complain about a store not taking expired ECBs/coupons - if they were meant to be valid forever, there wouldn't be a date on them. Some stores are very very nice and will allow customers to use expired ECBs and/or coupons for a specified amount of time (some may say a few days, some say a week, month, etc) but stores that do not take them are not doing anything wrong. You have to learn to work with whatever you've got.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 08:15 PM

Zzzzz
Drifting Away to Merrier Days

My Mood/Status:
Kdmiller90 has posted more than 300 great deals!Kdmiller90 has posted more than 300 great deals!Kdmiller90 has posted more than 300 great deals!Kdmiller90 has posted more than 300 great deals!
It never occurred to me to ask if they will take expired ecb. I've only had one that expired before I realized it and it was only 50 cents so I wasn't too bummed out.