Manufacturer Catalina Coupons Are Store Specific?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Help Sign Manufacturer Catalina coupons are store specific?

Last week, CVS would not allow me to use a catalina coupon (printed from Walgreen's). It clearly states Manufacturer coupon at the top, but just has the Walgreen's logo off on the right. I have used these coupons between various stores for almost a year now.

After an email to to CVS Customer Relations, this is the response I got.

"Thank you for your response.

Our stores are not allowed to accept manufacturer's coupons that were printed from another retailer. The coupons do state that it is a manufacturer but it came directly from that particular retailer and it states clearing that it is in-store purchase only. Our CVS stores are not able to get reimbursed for those coupons.

We can only accept coupons printed from the Internet obtained from an approved Web site sponsored by the manufacturer directly, not from a retailer. Obviously, we will accept a manufacturer's coupon that was printed from our ExtraCare program or from our Web site directly.

Again, thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy.

Sincerely,

Lisa
CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations Representative
08664850 "

I thought that if it states "Manufacturer coupon" and gives retailer info for reimbursment, that you could use it anywhere.

Have I mis-understood something?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kolowicz For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM

RE: Manufacturer Catalina coupons are store specific?

loves being a sahm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sometimes Manu's make deals with certain stores, so while it is a manu coupon, the manu only wants to honor that deal from the store that it was issued from. Some stores either have cashiers who don't know better or they do not mind taking the hit to get your business, but they certainly have the right to refuse any coupon they choose to. They even state it in their policy.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!kolowicz has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I definitely am the type to "play by the rules". I just thought it was odd that I have never had a retailer refuse this type of coupon before last week and thought it was the new manager that just started.

In my email to CVS I also requested a copy of their coupon policy, since I couldn't find it online. I didn't get it. Where can I find it?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:52 AM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I got a similar response from CVS when I asked about using ANY manufacturer coupons with store logo...

Unfortunately, we do not accept competitor coupons or (manufacturer coupons with the name of our competitor on the coupon) in our front store.

...brick wall trying to explain that they have same remit address/instructions as newspaper Qs

I was not trying to use catalinas or Qs printed at home, they were booklet Qs, nicely printed [with logos from other stores]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-

Last edited by brook6; 03-29-2010 at 11:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My CVS won't take them either

Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
"Lisa" didn't seem to understand what I was trying to say either after the 1st response. I even scanned in "marked up" examples of the coupons. The above letter is the 2nd response.

I'm even more frustrated that I asked in both emails to "Lisa" for a copy of their coupon policy and she didn't even address it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolowicz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM

ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ubankit has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've had a SM at Wags (Baytown TX) tell me that they do not get reimbursed for cats from another store, I don't even try to use them at Wags. I've used the Wags cats at CVS before (not very often), the cashiers generally say "if it scans, it's ok". I can understand an employees reluctance to take a q with anothers store logo on it, they're the ones who are gonna get hollered at (or worse) by the boss. IMO, it's not worth causing a squawk over, I don't wanna get on the SM "trouble" list.
I've also seen mq's in the Sunday inserts that say "Redeemable only at Walgreens", even though the q starts with a "5" and has the remit to info for the retailer, not sure about those.
The Following User Says Thank You to ubankit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jlmagoon has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
that's weird. One CVS in our town has a sign out front posting they accept competitor's coupons and my CVS(on the other side of town) accepts Rite Aid transfer prescription q's.

Loving wife to dh for 17 yrs, mom of 15 yo girl and 12 yo boy.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmagoon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:58 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
they only accept competitor coupons in the pharmacy at my store
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM

loves being a sahm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bellasmama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brook6 View Post
I have a great relationship with my stores, but they'd never let me use a cat with another store name on it.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:34 PM

Spreading the Frugal Cheer

JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JoshiesMom1028 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brook6 View Post
Hmmm... so does this mean we could take competitor coupons and check out at the pharmacy?
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshiesMom1028 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM

luckiest_dw has posted more than 400 great deals!luckiest_dw has posted more than 400 great deals!luckiest_dw has posted more than 400 great deals!luckiest_dw has posted more than 400 great deals!luckiest_dw has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've used numerous Manufacturer Q's printed from the Target site. They don't beep and nobody's ever questioned them. I print in black & white so the Target logo isn't so obvious.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckiest_dw For This Useful Post: