Accucheck Random Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
living on my stockpile and buying the rest at...

My Mood/Status:
freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!freegroceries4me has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Accucheck Random Question

There was a $10 off coupon for Accucheck a few weeks ago. In a few weeks, these will be on sale for 14.99 with $5 ECBs making them free.

I was showing family members how to work the CVS program (which for me is read this forum - LOL!) and we were talking about the Accucheck thing as an example.

No one in our family needs an Accucheck. We were discussing how a few weeks ago a lot of people on this forum were buying a competing product with a similar coupon and deal.

So my question is -why? Did you need them to manage a health condition or did you just do it to roll ECBs or do you sell them on Craig's List or E-bay or do you donate them somewhere? If so, where do you donate them? I would be happy to "buy" one and donate it, but I am not sure what type of organization would take it.
The Following User Says Thank You to freegroceries4me For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:06 PM

RE: Accucheck Random Question

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AquaAmber has posted more than 10 good deals
I asked the local food bank where I donate where I might be able to donate a glucose meter. They suggested a local health clinic. This is where I send things like drugs (except for Advil - that goes to the food bank), latex gloves, that kind of thing. I got the phone number from them and drop off my health-related stuff every few months.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AquaAmber For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just donated 15 meters to our local clinic that serves the uninsured and underinsured. They were very happy to get them. I've also heard of people donating to children's hospitals and even veterinary clinics.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM

krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krispy76 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
They are free at Walmart and often Target and Rite Aid with just the Q. So unless you want the ECBs and don't mind paying an extra $5 OOP, I'd just buy them somewhere that has them for $9.99.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krispy76 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Frugally Minded

ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ayenbe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have a raincheck from the last time they were on sale ($10, no ECB). So for me, the meter will be $10.00 with the raincheck, less $10 coupon, earn 5ECB. This will also put me 50% of the way towards using a 4/20 (or other x/xx). You can contact your local Diabetes Association chapter or local hospital to see if they are accepting monitor donation. If they aren't, then they may have other places for you to check. HTH!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!rapchef2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
When I first started couponing, I would buy things I didn't need that would come out even (no loss, no gain) just to roll my ECB's because I didn't want to lose them. It extended my time to find something I actually wanted to spend them on without them expiring on me. I would also use them at Rite aid to get my total up to use the $5/$25 coupons. Now, I don't bother with them because it's too much a hassle and they take up my needed storage space. I tried finding places to donate them to, but NO PLACE in my area would take them. Not the Salvation Army, not the free clinic, not the volunteer ambulance departments, not the diabetic center. So I took them to a flea market with other stuff I needed to sell and sold a few for $2 each. Totally not worth losing closet space for months at a time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapchef2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Life is Grand! Lovin Living *MY* Life

My Mood/Status:
MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrsFuentes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I buy them for my fil that lives overseas. We send Huge packages throughout the year, and he uses them. So, they go to a good cause
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Bianca, 11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsFuentes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM

is happy!

My Mood/Status:
momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momkjchs has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I get the meters and take out the strips for my personal use, then donate the meter. My ins. policy will only spend $30 a month for strips, and only a certain kind, which just happen to cost $115. So Our local Health department doesn't get strips for this machine so they won't take them. I ended up giving the next batch to a group which helped people but they have to buy their own strips.
The Following User Says Thank You to momkjchs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM

is getting better at this!
Baby #2 is here :)

My Mood/Status:
crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Check homeless shelters or local hospitals (they usually have the name of an org. they refer patients to).
The Following User Says Thank You to crissy148 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM

is thankful for the rain...

My Mood/Status:
vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vramondenc has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I got 2 free after ECB a few weeks ago. I was told that most places don't take them as donations because anyone with diabetes can get one free from the manufacturer (the refills are the expensive part), so I asked my cat's vet and he told me he'd be very happy to get them since there are lots of diabetic pets that require that type of equipment but OBVIOUSLY the manufacturers won't give them for free to pet owners. So I donated both of them to the vet

Busy mom to
playful DS 2.5 years old and
sweet DS 2 months old, and wife to
DH. Loving to
with AFC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vramondenc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
chrysnblue has posted more than 100 good deals!chrysnblue has posted more than 100 good deals!
I gave mine away on my local freecycle - I used them to get my total up to $/$$ coupon and the ecbs. I have 2 more coupons for the Accuchek if anyone needs it I won't be using them.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
Betty C has posted more than 75 good deals!
My Aunt, who is a retired nurse, goes with her church group to places like Haiti to help out for a couple of weeks usually about twice a year. I get as many as I possibly can and give them to her to take on these trips. She says they need them desperately. You could check with your local churches and see if they know any one local who does this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Betty C For This Useful Post: