Lost My CVS Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Thrifty-Wannabe

My Mood/Status:
Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Lost my CVS card

I somehow lost the keychain that had all my store cards on it. I requested a new card through my account on CVS.com but now the store is telling me I may have problems with the info from my old card carrying over to the new one. Is this correct? On CVS.com I selected "Get a New Card" that stated underneath "Apply for a new ExtraCare card to be attached to this account." But in the FAQ, it said I have to call the 1-800 # to have balances transferred. ALSO I have ECB linked to my original card; will I lose them in the process?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 06:44 AM

RE: Lost my CVS card

Wonkiness Abounds
AFC Star Member

Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
From the CVS ExtraCare FAQs:

How can I get another ExtraCare card with my account number on it?

Call 1-800-SHOPCVS to order a duplicate card.

You should get a replacement card with the same number. In the meantime you can use the telephone number that you registered for your account when you checkout in the stores. That will allow the register to access your ExtraCare Card account and will let you use your ECBs and will also let you continue to earn ECBs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madmurphy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Thrifty-Wannabe

My Mood/Status:
Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!Severine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks! I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can get it straightened out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Severine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
savalotmom has posted more than 300 great deals!savalotmom has posted more than 300 great deals!savalotmom has posted more than 300 great deals!savalotmom has posted more than 300 great deals!
I'm sorry to hear about your lost card. I had just left a CVS a few days ago and thought I had lost my card..I know the panic that comes with that..The information that "Madmurphy" provided will not only help you, but others that find themselves in the same situation. Good Luck!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to
and
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savalotmom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 AM

Thrifty-Wannabe

My Mood/Status:
Thank you, again! Just got off the phone with a very nice lady at CVS who is going to send out a duplicate card for me. I'm glad I called! She did say the number will be a little different because I had one of the old cards, but I shouldn't have any problems utilizing the ECB I've already earned. 3-4 weeks until it shows up so I can't scan for coupons in the meantime, but at least I won't lose my account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Severine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 AM

Wonkiness Abounds
AFC Star Member

Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Madmurphy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so glad that it's going to work out. There's nothing worse than that pit-in-the-stomach feeling of losing the card and worrying all weekend about the ECBs on your account.

(So sorry that it happened on a holiday weekend and you had to wait the extra long time to be able to contact CVS.)