Shoppers Card??

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

olsones2j has posted more than 5 good deals
Shoppers Card??

I went to the Cub at County Road B and Rice Street in Roseville. I used the express lane and when the computer asked me if I had a shoppers card. Anyone know about this is it something new? I would have asked an employee but the place was busy and I wanted to get home.

TIA,
Eric
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olsones2j For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM

RE: Shoppers Card??

My Mood/Status:
zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't shop at cub to much any more but I did go to day and also checked out in self check out and was not asked for shopper card. I haven't heard of this at all. I was at the Northtown Cub.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zmique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 05:33 AM

97 Days Until Daytona 500!
Join the Welcome Wagon!

2015 YTD Savings: $3250
My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have to run into town this afternoon to get some stuff, so I will stop and ask and see what they know. Although, my location seems to be the last to know most things.
and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon Team!
The Following User Says Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Join the Welcome Wagon!

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Okay, here is what I found out. Monticello doesn't have self-serve check outs so I couldn't try it myself.

I talked to the Asst. Manager, and the only thing they knew about was that they just went yesterday to a meeting about a gas card that is coming out. I don't have a Rainbow near me, but I have heard they have some sort of card that might be kind of like this.

The ASM said that we will be able to accumulate purchases before using it to get our gas discount at Holiday. So, if I spent $15, then $45, I would then qualify for the .05/gallon discount. You can keep holding onto the amount you spend until you get to .25/gallon, etc.

They did not have an idea of a date that these will be available. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 PM

Grounded for Life

bbmtn has posted more than 75 good deals!
according to the West St. Paul Cub you can sign up for the card starting 9-16
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbmtn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 04:06 PM

I hope that they expand it. When I lived out west. I shopped at Albertsons, another supervalu chain. They had a card that you could save on your purchases and much more. Thanks for the info. I guess something is better than nothing so we will see.

V/R
Eric
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olsones2j For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM

finally grass

My Mood/Status:
roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!roxytuffybabygirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
baxter, mn is slowly starting it she said. it is for the gas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roxytuffybabygirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
dkrel has posted more than 75 good deals!
Maple grove self-checkout asked me for it the other day. Then yesterday I went through the regular lane and it said something about generic shoppers card code.

I was hoping it would be more for gas. If you want to track my purchases, I need a bit more than a gas coupon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dkrel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2012, 01:55 PM

Join the Welcome Wagon!

My Mood/Status:
I asked more about the card today and talked with the manager. The cards will come out on September 30th. You will receive a large card (credit card size) and the smaller size one you can put on your key chain. The large one is nice to have, as it can be swiped right at the pumps at Holiday after you swipe your regular credit/debit card. I stopped by Holiday and it is already keyed to ask you if you have a gas card from Cub, and if so, to swipe it at that time.

For the points/cents off part. They do expire at 30 days from the time they are awarded. So say you purchase, $10 on the 5th, $15 on the 12th, $20 on the 17th and $5 on the 19th. The gas reward will be on your card until the 19th of the following month (if you have not used it) as it was not added to your card until you reached the $50 amount on the 19th. I wanted to make sure I understood that it did not come off the card on the 5th, which is when the first transaction was made towards it so I made her go over it twice.

With that all said, it definitely is a plus/minus type of thing. For those with little ones, it will be nice because you will not have to walk into the gas station to redeem your cents off coupons. But, you will no longer be able to take their gas coupons to competitors.

If you do not have your card on you at Cub, you do have the choice of typing in a ten digit code number instead of swiping your card and you will still receive your credits.

You will automatically receive a .05/gallon credit when you sign up for the card. You will receive an additional .05/gallon credit if you enter your email address at the time you sign up for the card (you do not need to give this to them, this is optional the only thing you have to fill out is name/address). By giving them your email address, it will automatically sign you up for their weekly email (if you are not already receiving this on Sundays now).

I think that is everything, but if I remember something else, I will let you know.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
Cnstntlrnr has posted more than 10 good deals
I am bummed if they go to a card system similar to Rainbow as I currently use my accumulated coupons (up to three) at one of the SuperAmerica locations close to me. I try to buy fuel on Tuesdays and that is when SuperAmerica will double one (generally the largest value) of the three coupons they will accept for a transaction. That station has the least expensive diesel so it is a great savings value for us. We will often do multiple rounds of the 15 gallon limit to maximize our savings and fill our tanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cnstntlrnr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM

It would be nice if it were more like the CVS Card where I can load instore and manfacturer's coupons to it and such. Sometimes it would be nice not to have to lug arround all them because I do occasionally lose them or forget to use them. Maybe this will come down the road.

Eric

Last edited by olsones2j; 09-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to olsones2j For This Useful Post: