My Coupon Binder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM

RE: My coupon binder

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Star Member

My Mood/Status:
geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!geishagirl81 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have a huge accordian file that even has a carrying handle. It's more of a cute cardboard purse. I used to feel dumb toting it everywhere, but now I don't care. I never go without it. You never know when you'll find an unadvertised price or clearance!

I was at Giant Eagle today and the only reason I go is to match coupons to the ad (too pricey otherwise). Anyways, my bill was $40 cheaper after coupons and the lady behind me pratically had all the same sale items as me, but no coupons! She said "My god you have a lot of coupons, for me, a sale is enough of a savings." Oh well for her, we bought the same stuff almost and I walked out with more in my bank acct!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kloster Island has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampQueen View Post
Kloster, what kind of pages are those that have four pockets per page?
Those pages came with the binder (Best Buy, by the way ). They are for holding CDs. You'll be able to find them in any store that carries office supplies. My only suggesting would be to get the sleeves that are top loading as opposed to side loading.

Lori
Old 07-16-2008, 06:46 PM

Everyone's busy...don't use that as an excuse.

My Mood/Status:
brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geishagirl81 View Post
I have a huge accordian file that even has a carrying handle. It's more of a cute cardboard purse. I used to feel dumb toting it everywhere, but now I don't care. I never go without it. You never know when you'll find an unadvertised price or clearance!

I was at Giant Eagle today and the only reason I go is to match coupons to the ad (too pricey otherwise). Anyways, my bill was $40 cheaper after coupons and the lady behind me pratically had all the same sale items as me, but no coupons! She said "My god you have a lot of coupons, for me, a sale is enough of a savings." Oh well for her, we bought the same stuff almost and I walked out with more in my bank acct!
That extra $40 could have put some gas into her tank. There's not 1 person I know who would turn that down. I just really don't get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to brownie16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kloster Island has posted more than 25 good deals
I've often said that people would understand why we get so excited over coupons if it was handled differently...and it's just because some people are too stupid to see it for how it is...here is how they would love it.

Cashier: Your total is $200.

Them: Here's your $200

Cashier: Thanks. Here, I'm going to give you $72 back.

Them: GEE...THANKS!

*idiots*

Why can't they see that saving $72 with coupons is the same thing? But you know, you just know that if the stores handed them cash back, they'd be all over it!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM

AFC Star Member

isis0428 has posted more than 150 good deals!isis0428 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks for sharing your binder. I have been trying to figure out a good system for me. I like what you have there. My current system is in a shoe box. A red show box (size 7.LOL) and I am out growing it very quickly.

LOL.. I have a visual of all these women walking thru grocery and drug stores with the binder like you have kinda looking like the Men in Black...LOL "The Coupon Mafia"!!!! Store managers asking: "What's in the Case?" Us answering: "One Million Coupons!!!" And the Store manager screaming and running away. What a great visual...LOL
Started couponing to feed my family while I was unemployed and had 4 kids at home. After taking 2 years off of extreme couponing to deplete my stockpile, I am trying to figure this out again, only this time I am an empty nester, All my little birdies have learned to fly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isis0428 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2008, 08:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
SwampQueen has posted more than 100 good deals!SwampQueen has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie16 View Post
That extra $40 could have put some gas into her tank. There's not 1 person I know who would turn that down. I just really don't get it.

It boils down to laziness. I've run into a lot of people that struggle more financially than we do, don't work the number of hours I work, yet they tell me they don't have the time for this. You can't make people be wise with their money.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!irishgirl73 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not only was her comment stupid, she was rude ta boot.

Mommy to Parker (7)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Nora (5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to irishgirl73 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 AM

is always in search of BTFE
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!fsc has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I cut and file coupons watching the news, making supper, whatever. That's how I get quilts done too, by hand. It is not time you take away from anything else. It is a choice!

But really tell me what other job will "pay you back" $30 or $40 or $60 for an hour's prep time. Not many, not after taxes. For every store, every time you go? That is awesome pay!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ahernandez has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok I know people are lazy but my mom and I talk about this all the time and I don't understand why people don't coupon. Ok I know I am a little extreme with all my coupons and I save at $40 each trip (sometimes more) but my theory is get the sunday paper delivered to your house (I got a deal and pay $1 a week for a year) go thru the coupons and cut 5 coupons on stuff you usually buy. Now if you use those 5 most coupons are around $1 so that would be $5 a week , minus the $1 for the paper $4 a week times 52 weeks a savings of $208 a year that would be like a free weeks of groceries (for non couponers) for what 5 minutes of work a week. I just don't get it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahernandez For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Im new to couponing and I LOVE it! I used to study the ones in front of me with coupons. I was always in awe and admired them! Granted I dont have a binder, but Id love to one day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kt&Cj'sMama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2008, 06:52 PM

Striving to save more than last year!
Famous AFC-ER

My Mood/Status:
z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Wizard people

I just started a binder about a month ago. It is sooo heavy though. I use baseball card sleeves and also refillable 4X6 photo album pages in my binder. I divided it up by tabs into the store sections like dairy, meat, frozen, misc. etc... easy to find everything that way especially if I happen to hit a clearance. I am used to getting weird looks before carrying a binder HA HA HA let alone with them, so I dont pay attention. BTW, this is my first post to Afullcup! Hope to do more. Clarissa
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to z24racerchic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM

not again!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z24racerchic View Post
I just started a binder about a month ago. It is sooo heavy though. I use baseball card sleeves and also refillable 4X6 photo album pages in my binder. I divided it up by tabs into the store sections like dairy, meat, frozen, misc. etc... easy to find everything that way especially if I happen to hit a clearance. I am used to getting weird looks before carrying a binder HA HA HA let alone with them, so I dont pay attention. BTW, this is my first post to Afullcup! Hope to do more. Clarissa
Welcome!!! that is what I use also
Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 AM

I am tired.....

My Mood/Status:
packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!packgirl4 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Companies know that in our economy right now if they have good coupons out it may be the only way people will spend the money to try their products now... even if it is for free, because we may love it and want to buy it. But I have to agree, our grocery store brought back double coupon day, BUT even after coupons your total has to be over $25 to get the doubling and you can only double 5 coupons....
Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 AM

is enjoying life.
~*~Kindness Matters ~*~

My Mood/Status:
OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!OldTinGrl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What a hateful cow to say something like that. Some people really just enjoy being hateful I think.

I like the t-shirt idea. Very funny.

Sincerely, Michelle

Coupon Often
Shop Well
Save Much
The Following User Says Thank You to OldTinGrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2008, 05:06 PM

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE COUPONS!

My Mood/Status:
danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
then sarah i have never seen you at the store then...i would notice someone else walking around with a boat load of Qs!~
Old 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!uniqueusername has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have started using an index card box with the alphabet tab dividers.. It seems to be working better for me. Since I am new I was taking my binder to the store and forgetting part of what I went after when I would see other things.. Now I just take out the ones I know I need and then go through the rest and see what might be a good deal.. I am becoming really good at writing down pricing on items I am interested coming home and checking the q's if it is a good deal I might go and get it, if not I watch to see if it goes on sale....

I went from 1 index holder now I am at 2, and during big lots 20% off sale tomorrow I am going to get three more...
The Following User Says Thank You to uniqueusername For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 PM

AFC Star Member

nbp2452 has posted more than 200 great deals!nbp2452 has posted more than 200 great deals!nbp2452 has posted more than 200 great deals!
It odd there is no " inpression " of her face after you closed the binder on it.....you did close the binder on it did you not!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nbp2452 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2008, 08:52 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bootyforless has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglyduckling View Post
geez Kloster, it looks like your binder could ward off bullets from any potential angry shoppers in line behind you!

Looks great!

Don't forget to use the Thanks or Rep button if this post helped you in any way!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
The Following User Says Thank You to bootyforless For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 PM

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE COUPONS!

My Mood/Status:
danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
sooooooooooooo what i was thinking!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
mickeyorbust has posted more than 5 good deals
Wow, I haven't had anyone actually say anything negative about it to me before. But I do catch the eye rolls and sighs and the occasional person seeing coupons in my hand and finds another line. Luckily one of the cashiers at my Kroger is also a devoted couponer...I've seen her in the store with her thick binder. So I always try to get in her line.

The t-shirt idea is great, think I'll make one too.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyorbust For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2008, 06:21 AM

not again!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!skbrush has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have gotten more positive feedback lately. Was at a family picnic this weekend-my little cuz is moving to Louisville she got a teaching job. Her friend Ryan noticed my binder b/c I was putting something away in my bag.
He said are all of those coupons? I said yes and he said that is awesome, I bet you save a ton of $$$. I said I sure do-he is a 23 year old that just graduated from college!
People will change there mind about coupons! I think of them as $$$ in my bag.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 AM

cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cyph0r has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have to admit I was one of those people that used to think coupons were a waste of time and embarrassing to use. The problem was that I would buy the papers, clip the coupons and feel like I had to use them all. I also did not know about matching with a sale items etc, so I ended up buying items I didn't really need for not as cheap because I wasn't matching to sales. I ended up ditching it because I was spending more.

Then I found the world of real couponing and now I'm hooked. I work full time and go to school full time and I still have time for my coupons. . I clip and organize them while watching TV on Sunday evenings.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:00 AM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the binder pics. You mean business. I think people really are jealous. At least they would be when they found out what your bills add up to.

I love the T-shirt idea!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!moonflower has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
On that binder..
YOu said you organize your coupons alphabetically?
You must not have alot of coupons..I am not sure this would work for me..Mine is in a bunch of containers..

Always looking for something better..Looks like a laptop case.
i am duly impressed!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 AM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyph0r View Post
I have to admit I was one of those people that used to think coupons were a waste of time and embarrassing to use. The problem was that I would buy the papers, clip the coupons and feel like I had to use them all. I also did not know about matching with a sale items etc, so I ended up buying items I didn't really need for not as cheap because I wasn't matching to sales. I ended up ditching it because I was spending more.

Then I found the world of real couponing and now I'm hooked. I work full time and go to school full time and I still have time for my coupons. . I clip and organize them while watching TV on Sunday evenings.
Same story w/me. B/c I was never checking the sales to compare to the coupons, I'd feel like 90 percent of what I cut out were for products that were too expensive anyway. I can't believe how easy it really is once you get started! And yes, there are still a lot I don't use, but I'm so glad I've been able to trade here for more of what I needed and that person gets what they need.

I had a man behind me in line a few weeks ago say something about my handful of coupons and I thought he was about to groan about holding up the line. Instead, he was trying to guess what my final total was going to be. As each one was scanned, he kept getting excited b/c he was actually pretty close to the total. Then he congratulated me on saving so much money!

Tags
binder, coupon