Sam's Club....Is It Worth The Membership???

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 AM
looking for freebies
The one and only Liz!

My Mood/Status:
lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Help Sign Sam's Club....Is it worth the membership???

I was wondering if Sam's Club was really worth it...I have always wanted to be a member, but the cost is so much, it makes me wonder if it is actually "CHEAPER" to shop there...Any opinion is appreciated...TYIA!

Liz
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Marcus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& fur mommy to Milo
Diva
and Bandit
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 AM

RE: Sam's Club....Is it worth the membership???

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

vgleason has posted more than 200 great deals!vgleason has posted more than 200 great deals!vgleason has posted more than 200 great deals!
I actually just cancelled my membership because I feel I do a lot better buying smaller packages and using more coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to vgleason For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
It depends on what you are going to buy there and how far of a drive it is to your location. I use my membership to purchase meat and other items that I don't usually see coupons for. I am usually there buying 10 pounds of hamburger meat every 2 months, so right there I make up the cost of the membership and then some.
But Sams Club is only 5 min up the road, and they are by far a lot cheaper than other locations around. I would not say they are my everday shopping location, only specialty items.
My suggestion is to get one of the free one day membership cards, do a quick walk through and write down the prices of items you would consider buying and the compare it to how much you would pay at another store.

Last edited by hcsig; 01-26-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: adding to
The Following User Says Thank You to hcsig For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 AM

Lisa

vlisam has posted more than 5 good deals
I like Sams for their meats & some freezer breakfast items for my dd in the mornings.
At our Sams, on Tuesday they mark their meats down and I can get a great deal on meats. Also, you can buy meats in case price, like boneless skinless chicken breast is $1.88 case price and if you split that with 2 or 3 people, that is a good deal. (Usually on sale here for $1.99 lb). And this week, their gas has been .10 or more cheaper than anyone else. So, like the others said, depends on what you buy, how far you have to go and how ofter you go. I do get some books there also that are good price, currently getting ready to do a Women of Faith Bible study @ my church and the book was $5.27 compared to $6 that the church pays. We also buy tv's for our business & between Sams and BrandSmart, they usually have the best price on tvs. And who can beat lunch @ Sams (especially my hips....) Great pizza & pretzels!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 AM

AFC Star Member

simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We shop there every Saturday. I get all of my milk and juice there. The meat and bread prices are good too. We often buy the large packs of chicken breasts and DH grills all of them at one time (no BBQ sauce) I freeze them whole. Take 1or2 out the night before to thaw in fridge & slice them in the am. for kids lunch sandwiches or salads(YUMMO) Gas prices are good too. Not to forget -free lunch on Sat with all the samples!!!! Their pizza is good too we buy a whole one and put it in the freezer for lunches etc. too. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to simba123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 AM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree with PP -- right now it's worth it for me because my son does very well on the Member's Mark formula and the can is huge (over 3lbs. of formula!) for only $19.99 -- so that alone is worth the trip every so often for us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jen812 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 AM

John 1:9

My Mood/Status:
starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!starbasset has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thumbs up

We love Sams Club! Aside from their bulk items the meat is good quality and priced, their produce is much better value too, as well as their paper products and frozen items. Of course sampling times are fun and filling. We have a business membership so we get to shop earlier beating the rush as well as additional goodies a few times a year. We also like getting better gas prices at their gas station. Sometimes we also shop via fax 'n pull from their web site which when in a rush saves a lot of time.

Perhaps if you have a close family/friend who might want to share in the cost both of you can contribute half and shop together sharing the membership.

Joshua 1:9

The Following User Says Thank You to starbasset For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Jennrn has posted more than 150 good deals!Jennrn has posted more than 150 good deals!
BJ's

I know that you asked about Sam's Club but have you thought about BJ's? They allow coupons. They also issue their own coupons by mail in a magazine and you can use them with a manu coupons. Some one else posted that she was able to use multiple coupons with multipacks. Like four 6 packs of applesauce and she was able to use four manu coupons. I haven't done that though. hth
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennrn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2008, 11:31 AM

looking for freebies
The one and only Liz!

My Mood/Status:
lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lizmolik has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thank you everyone for your responses...I dont think it is worth the savings right now for me, the closest one is about 45 min. away, so it would not be worth it, I guess, Maybe when I move and it is closer, it might!
Wife to Marcus
& fur mommy to Milo
Diva
and Bandit

Tags
clubis, membership, sam, worth