Frustrated & Confused

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM

RE: frustrated & confused

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!psalm3322 has posted more than 200 great deals!
i suck at being patient, so much faster to do it all now

If you suck at being patient and it's so much faster to do it all now.....YOU might be an Aries... Ha! You sound like me! I'm terrible at baby steps and I'm at bit of a leap before I look kind of girl. So, take a breath and know that you are not alone, you haven't failed and you probably aren't going to make a blunder that hasn't been done before!

, i'm so naive!! i could have gotten a bag of 'red sticker' diapers for $6 after coupons, but i don't even know enough about diaper prices to know if that's good or not, so i didn't buy it. probably cheaper & easier to just drop off cash at the crisis preg center, till i get this rock bottom price thing figured out. thanx for the reality check !!

If you have a package of diapers, and know how much you used to pay - even approximately, then take the price divided by the number of diapers to get a cost per diaper. Then when you see a sale price, do the same thing to determine if it's a good deal. Of course, you can apply this to anything.

yeah!! that's so frustrating!! i read that one lady was able to get so much for for little because she committed coupon fraud, and i mean, that explains a lot! but then i read that other people on the show were Christians & when i watched, i paid attention to how they did stuff & they were able to get the exact same kinds of savings the coupon fraud girl got- a couple thousand dollars worth of food for a couple hundred bux, so i just don't know what to think!

As hard as it may be, try to "unsee" the practices you've seen on "that" show. Think of it as entertainment, and understand that they are taking creative license with the rules. For example, I'm currently watching Burn Notice. I love the show, but I realize that I cannot regularly blow things up or put people in the trunk of my car. No matter how much I would like too...

Having said that, I began couponing because of watching the show. But I try to be a Reasonable Couponer, instead of an Extreme Couponer. Which, admittedly, is difficult for an "I want it all done now" kind of girl...

So, here is my advice: Read, read , read this forum. Click on the word Forum at the top, and it will take you to a page with all of the different categories on it. Go there early and often. Find a post that interests you and read it. Think about it as mining, not everything you read is gold. It's a process to determine what is right for YOU. So, say you look in the Kroger forum. You'll find posts at the top (stickied) that have the weeks match ups according to region. Open that up and see what is on sale, and how it matches up to what coupons you might have. If you see something that's on sale, but you don't have a coupons for it, determine if it's a great price and if you might want to order coupons from a service. And, here's one thing that is harder at first, You do not need to get every deal and/or every freebie at every store in your town. Let some of them go. They'll be back and you can take a crack at them in a few weeks.

Also, even though we cannot post the name of a competitive site, all you need to do is Google "coupons" or "couponing" and you'll have more listings than you can imagine. Honestly, I DO hang out at AFC much more than any other site. But, again you have to find what is right for you. Find a site, remember to bookmark it and read, read, read. Does it promote ethical couponing? If not, unbookmark it and go to the next one. Read some more and decide if it suits your personality or humor. (BTW, I speak fluent sarcasm, and I thoroughly enjoyed your original post.) So, if the next site isn't you, unbookmark and move on to the next one. Just keep going until you find resources to help you in the way that you need.

OK, I'm ending my epistle with this: Amazingly, you do not have to do it all right now... I know! Who knew?? Take a breath, do your research and go out and take a crack at it. It's not a life or death matter and I have no information that would indicate that imperfect couponing is fatal. You'll make mistakes. Learn from them and move on. And, remember to have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tell others about Jesus. If necessary, use words...

Last edited by psalm3322; 07-28-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: grammar/syntax police...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psalm3322 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM

SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Lynnea1, best wishes to you. You should really consider writing/blogging as a side hussle...you really seem good...really!

Anyway, look, when it comes to food, my approach since things have gotten REALLY tight in the last few months for me is to use overage. When you see any coupon advertised on this site as giving overage, get it! Meaning, try to go find it or pay very little for it. I would be leary of paying for overage qs on ebay as the sellers are smart about the HOT qs. I would go dumpster (hate that word...recycle bin) diving if it is legal; ask neighbors for their qs, especially if it is a good week; trade if you have time to do it and know how (I don't bother); pick up blinkies while you are shopping.

I would use overage qs at Walmart and Target. Buy your food items with those qs (like the HOT Crayola qs out now)...you will have to call around and perhaps even drive but it may be worth it. Stock up on meat and basic food items.

I don't recommend using your overage qs for stupid stuff like your daily items like body wash, razors...stuff that will always be free somewhere! LOL

Hope this helps!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SouthernBellSaver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Momof2dolls has posted more than 10 good deals
OMG I feel the same way Metalmama !!! I keep asking myself and wondering , Am I really saving money? In the first month I went back and forth to the store to get the deals but I didnt really think about the gas cost. Now I only get stuff that are free that I would absolutely use (which I dont mind paying taxes for) and use coupons for the stuff that I really need like cat litter, cat food, cereal, yoghurt etc (which are almost never free). Good thing is, the shelves always almost empty everytime I come to the store so that doesnt give me chance to spend the extra money just so I can build my stock pile :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof2dolls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
sjbrown0324 has posted more than 10 good deals
When I first started this I had to have a plan. I'm type A in the worst conceivable way and if I didn't find a way for this to make sense to me it would never have worked for my family. Also I'd never have gained the support of my husband in the hobby. The first few times I tried Wags it was a disaster. I was unorganized and confused. I vaguely remember chanting I've messed up. I know I've messed up. under my breath at the register my first couple of times at this. I even told one of the clueless cashiers that couponing is like a game. The goal of which was to see not only how much I could save but how much money I could keep in my pocket at the same time. I'll never forget the look that same cashier gave me when I actually handed her a $100 dollar bill to pay for the transaction after agonizing for what seemed like forever over whether to add just one more 39 cent candy bar to the transaction so I could use that last RR and reduce the final total from $5.86 oop down to $1.43 oop,

Unfortunately for her I really don't care what other people think of me. There is no shame to my game and I'd walk to the end of the earth to provide for my family. I've gotten better. I set goals. A successful shopping trip for me started with I just want to save 50%. Yet the first time out I realized I'd saved 64%. So I had to up the ante on my goals. Give it time. Read a lot and watch a lot of YouTube videos. It gets easier.

P.S. I've been told not to bring another tube of toothpaste into the house. But it said from so very pretty white teeth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjbrown0324 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 10:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
lynnea1 has posted more than 10 good deals
What did your first plan look like? I spent $100 and saved $42 on my first trip out, but I bought things I wouldnt have bought at Walmart and its hard to tell if I really saved any money by using coupons vs. buying the Great Value products, most of which I like. Im eting ready to go to Walgreens for my very first time, but only because they have some good sale prices this week...I only have 3 or 4 coupons to take with me. I hate being new at something! haha (<-----pearly whites!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynnea1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
lynnea1 has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBellSaver View Post
Lynnea1, best wishes to you. You should really consider writing/blogging as a side hussle...you really seem good...really!
Thanks for the kind words but the kudos go to metalmama1....she started this thread and I think I could read a book if she had written it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lynnea1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!missybl has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
This has got to be one of the best threads on AFC!! I can read and re read it and still find something new!! Thanks all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rejoice Always!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missybl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
jarkjs has posted more than 100 good deals!jarkjs has posted more than 100 good deals!
I haven't been at this couponing thing very long either. I remember a few years back, I was working graveyard at K-Mart (very short lived) as a cashier. We had a few customers with coupons come in and basically walk out with a cart full of stuff for cheap or free. My managers used to say "watch those couponers they will scam you." I paid close attention to the coupons I took in and instead of following the cashier witch hunt for couponers, became interested in how they did it. I started off horribly (not understanding the coupon system) and then giving up and just using coupons for diapers. Now, fast forward a few years, and yes that evil show got me back into it again (for the better). I now am understanding the system and trying to save money. I found your post sooo funny, and I just had to share that with you as I suffer from the too many toothbrush syndrome too I will hang in there this time though as I see that I am saving money and that better deals than toothbrushes and body wash do come along once in a while. I hope you hang in there too!
The Following User Says Thank You to jarkjs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Stamping the day away!
Changing this 'cause King made fun of me!

My Mood/Status:
rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2dolls View Post
OMG I feel the same way Metalmama !!! I keep asking myself and wondering , Am I really saving money? In the first month I went back and forth to the store to get the deals but I didnt really think about the gas cost. Now I only get stuff that are free that I would absolutely use (which I dont mind paying taxes for) and use coupons for the stuff that I really need like cat litter, cat food, cereal, yoghurt etc (which are almost never free). Good thing is, the shelves always almost empty everytime I come to the store so that doesnt give me chance to spend the extra money just so I can build my stock pile :P
I actually "bought"/was paid to take 2 cat litters a month or so ago to donate to the shelter for the $2+ overage at WalMart Bought apples for our bunny!

I also just wanted to say what a great thread...even though I haven't been frustrated with couponing personally (because I've always kept track of what I'm spending), it is a great read!

I'm on a thread here that encourages you to set up a monthly budget (some do use a weekly budget) and stick with it. Sometimes we fail and sometimes we succeed, but it is good to have like-minded support. I'm not as good as most, but I have our household food and hba budget for four (2 adults and 2 grade schoolers) at the actual dollar amount I was spending for two when I got married in 1996, and I'm thinking of reducing it next month.

OR after reading Robbo's suggestion, maybe I'll just get pizza with the $ leftovers!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
rach new at this has posted more than 150 good deals!rach new at this has posted more than 150 good deals!
I am like robbo....I have 100 weekly. I do NOT go over.....period. I have only been couponing for a month and only 1 store by me doubles up to .50(their prices are atleast $2 higher on everything compared to walmart) so its not really worth trying to double at their store. I have spent $475 in my first month and my stockpile is worth about 1900.00 (estimate). I focused on bathroom stuff the first week-not skipping staples and dinner stuff($100 or less spent). Then the second week was dish washer soap, laundry soap, cleaning supplies and my weekly food needs$100 or less spent). The third week I grabbed more bathroom and cleaning stuff (TP, soap, pine sol, razors, laundry soap, and juices/cookies), my final week (this week) I did first aid stuff (bengay, benedryl, bandaids, j&j first aid kits, and advil) more juice and cookies and all my staples ($100 or less spent). I only buy about 5 papers and I have 3 ppl that give me their inserts. The gas station by my house saves me the inserts that are not sold before they pitch the papers. So I end up with 10-15 papers worth of inserts. Do what you have to do to spend the least amount on ur papers, ur being frugal with everything else, why not on ur papers too? If you have to take a walk through ur neighborhood and take the inserts from ppls recycling bins.... Slow down, I know its hard....I have a hard time stopping at my 100 mark but I make myself... good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to rach new at this For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM

JadeaDragon has posted more than 25 good deals
I have a very strict budget of no more than $100 /wk for all household, groceries, and kitty care(5 cats).

Before I was a person who would go down the aisle and grab what looks good as well as a few premade meals from the delli. For about $70 on average I would get about 20 items.

Now I horde coupons. I look for the deals on what I like to eat and match them to the coupons I have. Over two weekends, I bought 30 boxes of kelloggs cereal for $1 to $1.68 ea. A couple weekends later I found a deal on Poweraid for $0.49 so I bought 50. This week I found a good deal on 1lb ground hamburger packages so I bought 8. If you notice each of these great buys was about $25 to $30.

Targeting one or two deals a week is affordable and doable for most incomes.

Over the course of the past three months I now have enough stockpile to last 3 months on meals and to a year on cereal.

Also one of the things to think about is that sales tend to be seasonal. Now that it is getting close to harvest time you'll be seeing more canned goods on sale. Things like stuffing, augratin potatoes, and holiday foods are going to be coming up on sale. Towards winter you'll see more soups and casserole mixes. So if you know that a holiday is coming up, look for those types of coupons a month before hand. This will allow you to gather as many coupons as you can find for that type of sale.

Make a list of what you normally buy, and how much you and your family would need in 3 months or 6 months. This can start setting your goals what you need look for deals.

A deal for me is 30% or more on sale, then I can match a coupon to it, which averages to about 50% off. Occasionally my store (Hyvee) has 2 day special buy sales which have a limited amount of items on a really big sale, like the cereal.

J
Old 07-29-2011, 04:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
rach new at this has posted more than 150 good deals!rach new at this has posted more than 150 good deals!
I counted the cost of my papers in there as well (that is why it is over 400.00)
The Following User Says Thank You to rach new at this For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Laundry Goddess

zombiesatyoursix has posted more than 100 good deals!zombiesatyoursix has posted more than 100 good deals!
I know the feeling of shopping in the middle of a shark frenzy.

This is what has helped me:

Make a top 10 list of things you use/spend the most on on a constant basis for household/HBA and then do the same with food. Then keep an eye out for coupons sales for that top 10 list. When you've stock piled that list, make a new top 10 list and do it all over again.

I also try for overage to cut down on stuff I can't seem to find Qs for. For other items I am not stock piling, I try my best to find Qs for. Even if its only .25$. Most times, only a dozen or so items I buy do not have coupons.

I stock pile in case we can not afford to spend 150$ every 2 weeks on food. The months we can afford 150$, I try to get my nessescities as cheap as possible with overage and coupons and focus the remaining of my grocery budget on the stockpile. My goal is to be able to live off of our stock pile except for dairy, produce and meat for 50$ for 6 months so we can focus the rest of our grocery budget on debt. We are almost there, we just need a deep freeze to stock pile meat which will make it more of a reality.

My HBA/Household stock pile is big enough now that I don't have to buy laundry detergent, tooth paste, shampoo, TP, razors etc for at least a year. That gives me roughly 60$ extra a month to put towards another stock pile: Dog food. I aim to save at least 50% on my groceries and am really happy with anything over 65%. As for stock up sales and prices, if it's atleast 50% off, I don't have buyers remorse IF its something I know we will use.

I also have an addiction to buying cheap razors. Its an illness. I need to get rid of my razor coupons because we dont need anymore razors!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 PM

Kayla7795 has posted more than 1 good deal
YOu guys are awesome!~
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayla7795 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2011, 08:16 PM

Always on the hunt

My Mood/Status:
memphiscouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!memphiscouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!
It is only a good deal if it is an item you want and need. I have couponed for years and years, I don't stockpile most HBA items because I know it will come back around in a month or so. I do however try to purchase a 3-6 month supply of something if it is the right price for me. I got 3 cases of canned tomatoes awhile back for only tax....well we use canned tomatoes a lot in cooking so that made sense...if you hate tomatoes then why would you purchase them? I also suggest you step back on the number of papers you get, seriously if you are not killing it then why get so many? I get 2 a week plus a bunch given to me. If I need more q's I trade for them or purchase them on ebay. Normally you can get like 20 for $2...that is way better than the $2 per paper I have to spend.

Couponing is not for everyone, really it's not...if you cant "control the urges" then maybe time to regroup. (oh and I can do way better at Kroger than Aldi with the exception of the occasional produce)
Old 07-30-2011, 04:39 AM

sux being stalked & harassed!!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
The ones I've read that you have to avoid are the "free" products Qs and the printed ones. I will only buy insert Qs there cause I can check those out and verify that they are legitimate. Stay away from those 'free from manufacturer" ones though. I'm not convinced they're legitimate.
awesome advice, thanx!! as soon as i get brave enough to look there i'll probably drive y'all nuts asking 20 thousand questions, if ya don't mind

thanx!!
The Following User Says Thank You to metalmama1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 05:02 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumoose View Post
i save my aldi reciepts as a price guide and this also reminds me of the things i accually buy without qs
excellent idea! i haven't been to aldis in so long now cuz of q'ing, but i went thru there the other day & wrote down all the prices & ounces for all the stuff i buy all the time, so now i know if the 400 yogurts i just bought somewhere else on sale with a q were a good deal or not. pretty helpful, tho disillusioning at times, that list

Quote:
my family has lived out of aldis for many years but its easy to get cought up in the coupon game
i know! i feel like i got sucked into a whirlpool!! at least now, thanx to the people on this forum, i don't feel like i'm floundering & drowning anymore, thanx!!!!!! you guys rock!!!!!

Quote:
im found that i was spending money on things that i didnt buy before coupons
this is what i hate!!! i've always been so cheap, always been a bargain hunter, always shopped at thrift stores & pawn shops, always felt 'that any fool can buy stuff for full price' when it came to everything non food; when it came to food, i always was convinced that aldis & sams were the only stores in town worth shopping at. my mom used to try to give me coupons, i'd just laugh at her & tell her aldis & sams don't take 'em, so i don't need 'em. , how moronic!! oh well, at least i now know i can get some stuff cheaper than the $ store!! but then i come home with junk i never used to buy anywhere! i went out y'day & tried out some advice i read in this thread & it was AWESOME, i think i might actually save money this week ! i still bought the 'stupid stuff'. but MUCH less of it !!! so that's massive progress!!!!

Quote:
dont feel bad about not using all your qs i treat them like money when i spend them but if i dont spend them they are simply pieces of pretty paper its ok to let them go
yeah, as soon as i get caught up with answering everything on this thread i want to start going thru everyone's wishlists & mailing them out- just because i have no intention of using them, surely someone else might! so that's exciting, freeing up space in my q files & gaining a lighter 'purse' (, it's actually a carry- on luggage bag i'm borrowing from my daughter )

oh my stars!! i was at marsh yesterday, they have a q for speed stick for $1 in their ad paper & they double q's so the $.50/1 q makes it free ($.04/ tax actually, if any of you live near a marsh & have that q!! so exciting!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josanne View Post
I made two lists. One is a list of groceries that we buy on a regular basis. If it's not on that list, I probably don't need to buy it or even keep the coupon for it. I also started listing baseline prices with the items to help me remember what a good sale price is.

The other thing I have is a list of things that are better and/or cheaper at Trader Joe's, These are things like yogurt and sausages, in my case. You might make an Aldi's list, and then your couponing takes place only for items that ARE on the Grocery list but NOT on the Aldi's list. Now you have a lot less to shop for.
this is brilliant!!!!! thanx so much!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:14 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
That happened to me too! I got $1 off when I bought milk. Now I have a whole pantry of
i'm so jealous!!!!! none of the stores around here sell those!!!!! i think i'd hafta drive 2 hours away to get any at all, let alone a good deal on 'em!!!! wtg!!!! !!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamidon View Post
so for the next b-day in our house I'm not using shaving cream for frosting on the cake I baked with my free mix.
wait!!! here's an idea!! in the old b&w tv shows they'd always slam each other in the face with shaving cream pies!!!! maybe skip the frosting, get some q's for pie crust & there ya go!!!!! maybe invite my kids!!!! they can bring their own shaving cream even, woo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamidon View Post
THANK you guys for the info. For us young poners it refreshing to learn from you who have mastered the Qs.
yeah!! fo' sho!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

these links are incredible, thanx!!! exactly what i needed- wow, is that stock up price list realistic all over the country? amazing!!!!! thanx so much!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geri1960 View Post
Grocery Stores - I'm able to achieve between 50 and 70%. RiteAid and Walgreens between 70 to 90%.
wow!!! that's incredible!!!!!! you don't even have very many stores near you, that's awesome!!!!!! man alive, i hope i can be like that some day!!!!!!

Quote:
Target is a hit and miss, but I've gotten many free items there.
that's funny! i've always hated target cuz it always seems like such a screaming rip off, i never thought of it as a place anyone could actually save money. they do match prices at the one by me, though.... maybe i should soften my anti target stance now & then thanx!!

Quote:
I don't like to call my collection a "stockpile" ~ and there is no way my hubby is adding on a room.
, what if you found coupons for drywall & 2x4's?

Quote:
I have a grown DD and a future SIL and I help them out. I help the guy next door too and he mowes my lawn (that's a savings right there).
that's an awesome idea- just start small, not so grandiose ; i'm really unrealistic & naive most of the time, dang it i have a box of stuff i packed up this morning to send to my newlywed son in ak, that's prolly better than starting a food pantry with non edibles at church

Quote:
I think some of the shoppers highlighted on "that show" should be on the other one called "Horders".
LOL whenever that q show is on, the channel it's on always advertises "hoarders" in the corner, that makes me laugh every time i notice it! i was scared i was going to end up like that, you guys on this forum have helped me SO much!! thanx so much!!!!

Quote:
You might find a Qpon buddy that you can work with. Another suggestion. It's good to bounce stuff off another person and chefsandy and I discuss our local deals.
i love this idea, but around here, no one (maybe i'm wrong about that number) has been couponing any longer than i have been. all the experts are on the internet, i want advice from pros, not 'i dunno either's from people like me but thanx!! some day maybe i'll meet a person around here that knows what they're doing, that'd be awesome!!!

thanx so much!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingmamaof4 View Post
I have to say, I thought you were trolling for a rise when I read your first post,
i know! i was SO scared to post anything cuz i have a certain.... um... 'writing style' let's call it. some people think it's funny, others think i'm being mean & hateful. the more desperate i am, the more intense that reaction can't help it, dunno how to write any different, i'm SO glad people on the forum gave me a chance & posted answers & helped me anyway, man alive!!!! when this thread was only 1 day old i was able to literally go out shopping, take most of the advice i'd read from this brand new thread & i got a pile of 'normal food' for the first time in 3 mos (cuz , i've been at this like a train on a track with no deviation- only buying what i have a q for, with no exceptions , "just like they do on the show"), AND i got a pile of free deodorant & a buncha school supplies & was able to resist other stuff i didn't really need, bought less junk & stupid stuff i never used to buy & i still have a pile of cash in my purse to blow on whatever coupon deals i can find over the next couple sales!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! you guys are awesome, thanx so much!!!!!!! i actually feel like i saved a ton of money rather than like i spent more than i ever have in my life, it's absolutely incredible!!!! shopping was so fun, just like it used to be in the old days, i'm so excited!!!!!!!! you guys absolutely rock & are so good at this- and able to teach the ignorant, that's SUCH a blessing!!

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. I've only been at this a couple of months and I have lots of shampoo, toothpaste, soap, and contact solution. My problem used to be that I would run out of these items and make a special trip just to buy one of these. (at whatever price they were selling for at the time)
i know!!! exactly!!! it's SO cool!!! we haven't emptied even our first bottle of what we were using before yet, maybe that's why i was thinking this was just a waste of money to shop like this. i have a buncha contact lens juice wooo!!!! i detest being low on that stuff!!!! this rocks, even though i haven't had to use any of it yet cuz i still am using my old stuff!!!!

Quote:
I have a small stockpile of grocery items, but that is what I have to work on next!
yeah, that's harder!

thanx so much!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndibru View Post
Personally, I think a lot of people will feel like you did.......extremely enthusiastic and excited, do it for a little while, then go WHOA! I'm not saving what they did on the show or it's too much work or whatever......
i know! this is going to sound so mean, but that's what i keep hoping will happen every time i see a cleared out shelf !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndibru View Post
and at mine, they will staple your coupons to your raincheck and if the coupons are expired by the time you can use the raincheck you can use your expired coupons also).
wow, that's excellent!!! i need to ask my cvs if they'll do that too!!!!!! cuz even with ecbs, if i can't use the q i wanna use,there's no point in it!!! thanx!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenmeli View Post
I will say that i can totally relate to the frustration that you're feeling right now. I dont know why i'm buying candy and icecream, i never did before. But before it wasn't free or a price that was half the normal.
y'know what, you're absolutely right. before q's, i'd never buy any of that stuff cuz i thought it was unhealthy to buy it, especially if i had to pay full price for it- break it down per ounce at full price & a candy bar costs more than t- bone ; at least now the kids are getting bizarre junk they've never gotten before cuz i was WAY too cheap , i guess that's progress . if not, at least it's fun for the kids & cost MUCH less than red sticker meat ; & that 'only spend cash' idea has revolutionized how i buy that 'stupid stuff', even! so now i am getting less than i have been- not none, like before, but less!! none of the kids really have any struggles with their weight or their teeth, so i guess it can't hurt.... Lord willing good perspective, thanx!!!!

Quote:
Anyway, i found that after i found a "local" couponer in my area (Hampton Roads, VA) it has, so far, become much easier to look at what i really need. In fact, some time stores just have really good deals. I went to Kroger one day and spent less that $25 on a bunch of grocery just because i used smart choices on sale items.
awesome to both!!!! so exciting!!! was your friend a pro, (experienced?) or new at it? i don't think anyone around here knows what they're doing either , not like you guys on this forum!!

Quote:
Anyway, not sure if this is any real advice but i will say i am still sharing your frustration but the things i think i can get by ... "saving" ... are the things that are keeping me motivated to keep at it until i completely understand what i'm doing.
that's so cool!!! thanx!!!!