Dillard's Mark-down Schedule??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 06:17 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

NoMtr111 has posted more than 10 good deals
Dillard's Mark-down Schedule??

Hello and Happy Holidays!!

I was wondering if anyone knows when Dillard's marks down their Junior Merchandise? My daughter has fallen in love with their Crafty Couture Line and I can't afford $50++ dollars for a single dress. I did find a few deals on their website but not the dresses that she wants.

Thanks for looking!

Shay

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:03 PM

RE: Dillard's Mark-down Schedule??

is thinking about sleep
Hot Deal Hunter & Gatherer...

My Mood/Status:
kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I can't speak for Juniors specifically as I'm always looking in Men's. I wouldn't expect for you to see any permanent markdowns at this point until after Christmas. Possibly some promotional discounts at 25-50% to promote Christmas business, but you'll have to watch the papers & see what they offer as it will be hit & miss.

I generally don't buy from Dillards until their prices hit rock bottom which is generally at a 75% direct markdown. This point generally occurs for winter in late Jan/early Feb and for summer in early September. I'll scope them out at this point and see if the have anything that I feel I just have to have. If they are low on stock, I may buy it at this point. Some items historically sell out early (mens slacks for instance) so you have to get a feel for what hangs around in your area.

They are marked down in small steps starting after Christmas for winter & late July for summer until 75% and will stay at 75% until they are clearanced out. However, after about three weeks at 75%, they will start doing promotional extra 30% off clearance markdowns. These generally start the last week in Feb & last week in Sept & always start on a Wednesday. This is where the real deals can be found as it is the lowest levels generally given in their retail locations.

After season, Dillards will ship their off season merchandise that hasn't been sold during these clearance periods to their regional clearance centers. We used to have one here in Greensboro which closed.......our closest one now is at Eastland Mall in Charlotte, NC. I don't know where they are located elsewhere except there is supposed to be one in Omaha, NE. There are others, I just don't know where......

These clearance centers sometimes give additional discounts on certain items but it doesn't seem to be advertised or it is far enough away from me that I don't see the ad. I was told at the Charlotte clearance center that when the retail stores are running a clearance promotion that they follow as well. Something to keep in mind if you live close.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kvilledrummer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2007, 07:51 PM

RE: Dillard's Mark-down Schedule??

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

NoMtr111 has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks for the info.

Happy Holidays!

Tags
dillard, markdown, schedule