Discouraged By Desire To Extreme Coupon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM

RE: Discouraged by Desire to Extreme Coupon

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cwdrlove has posted more than 1 good deal
Glad I'm not the only one. I watched 2 DVR'd episodes of the TLC show last night and frankly was baffled by it all. I am inclined to believe the posted info above that the show and the store set it all up.

To my knowledge, here in Oklahoma City, Homeland is the only store that does doubles, they are limited to mfr coupons valued at $1 or less and only one like item per day per family with your Homeland card. So clearly extreme ain't happening there LOL.

Like I told my wife, I don't need $600 worth of stuff we neither need or use even if it is only $6. I'd be happy getting $100 in products we use for $50, or shoot, even $75!
The Following User Says Thank You to cwdrlove For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
jensmilesbrite has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha8994 View Post
They did say on the show that the "hunting lady" spent $70 on coupons. The lady that bought all the mustard? she spent over $20 on it when she could have bought some produce or meat with that $20. And her husband doesnt even eat mustard. AND her total was $103. So, dont get discouraged. If you save 50% on groceries that you use, then you are doing well.
That was the part that was so silly to me. What in the heck is she going to do with over 60 bottles of mustard she can't really even feed her family. I prefer to know that I am saving money on the few packaged items my family does eat (granola bars and cereal, yougurt, deli meat) so I know I have more money for fresh fruit and veggies and other products.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
mrsmoore28 has posted more than 50 good deals
sometimes, contentment matters too, if we asked more than what we could have we will feel like were always failing on one thing. please dont give up couponing. saving money is a part of our life specially this tough times. i hope you could find one store that you could focus in makin good deals with all youre coupons. goodluck!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmoore28 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!frogprincess has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I used to be discouraged by extreme couponing but not anymore because its all fabricated for the show. Actually because of that show couponers are taking more heat/grief from cashiers lately - so I have NO good things to say about it other than get realistic or cancel it - it gives coupon users a bad name.

I save enough on things with the not so extreme couponing that I do. I don't have to be greedy by stealing all the peelies, taking all the tearpads, or ordering a cart full of mustard or nesquik I didn't need. I buy what I need. Save when I can. The money I save on stocking up when there's a good deal - is money that I use for things that there are no coupons for (usually healthy food). I'm personally tired of all the free junk food lately. Sometimes it seems like they keep giving away the same items for a long time. I am hoping the cycle changes and there are some healthy food deals like canned fruit or veggies. I am to the point where the coupon deals lately have been dry and uninteresting to me - I'm looking for some fresh excitement but its not going to happen until that TLC show goes away I have a feeling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frogprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!purplerain has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintsizedmarina View Post
I don't want to buy things that I don't need and I am not sure that I want that large of a stock pile. Thanks again for the peace of mind and advice. I really do love couponing
Stick to that rule and you will do just fine couponing
Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM

TONIB4ME has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi LOL-I live in Independence, WI

I do alot of my shopping in Eau Claire or Winona, MN. I have only been couponing for a couple of weeks and have saved $282.36. I went in head over heals after seeing the show, only after getting started did I realize how much work it would be! Never the less-I have saved the most at Walgreens, I use Coupon Divas site to match-up coupons, IVCs, RR and what is on sale. We also saved alot at Gordy's (not near free for a family of 6-this is reality) on our grocery bill with their coupons and manufacturers coupons. What our family has decided to do is find the products that we really like-look for what store has it on sale and scavenge the internet for printable coupons. When we find none, then I go to a clipping service to maximize our savings. So we are spending a little to save. We have an ongoing list at my desk, one side is needs in the house and the other is what I would like to have. I make notes on these so that if the kids have time to help out with searching for sales or coupons they know what I have done already with that item.
I try to make sure that no matter what I am going into the store to buy, that if there is a coupon out there in cyber world, that I have it with me and save at least those few pennies. A penny saved is a penny earned.
GOOD LUCK
P.S. I wish an experienced couponer that lived near us would share some views on this.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 PM

2012 YTD Savings 9768.64

My Mood/Status:
mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!mswhite03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I am new to this as well and discovered I will likely save the most on HBC and household cleaning items . I am going to do my big food purchase on Sunday and Monday so I will find out then how well I do with food coupons .
My thought is ANY savings is better than NO savings . So far I have bought 310.00 worth of stuff and only paid 33.00 but most of it was HBC and cleaning supplies but its all good .

Tags
coupns, discouraged.