What Do You Use To Cut Your Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
TotallyHooked has posted more than 150 good deals!TotallyHooked has posted more than 150 good deals!
Scissors What do you use to cut your coupons?

I am doing multiple inserts. So I tried putting like ones together and cutting them at the same time and some would get bar code cut etc. So I am wondering what everyone uses. I have thought of buying one of those paper trimmers. Wonder how well that work and how many you can cut at the same time. So what method do you use?
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyHooked For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM

RE: What do you use to cut your coupons?

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I put my sheets together but I staple them to hold in place and avoid slippage...works great so far
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdaniel5 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2011, 07:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
PajamaMomma has posted more than 25 good deals
I use a scissors most of the time, I have a big one that gets sharpened quite a bit..
The Following User Says Thank You to PajamaMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 AM

Was that a bird or a mosquito?
Cub Foods & Coborn's Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I also staple and then cut up to ten at a time. I try and match up one side of the coupons, because even if they all came out of the same newspaper, they can print off a bit on each sheet. I also cut a little further out around the actual line of the coupon (as long as it doesn't end up cutting off part of another coupon on the back of the sheet.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM

KYeakle
I never thought about stapling them, good idea!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!5forme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I use the awesome electric scissors my hubby bought me I love them
(15)
(13):
9and 6

:
The Following User Says Thank You to 5forme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 06:15 AM

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be...
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BlueMoon187 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I also use scissors. I stack and match the boundary lines, then staple, then cut. I try to staple in a place just outside of the coupon and then leave that staple in place to hold the coupons together. If I need that coupon, I either tear one off or cut off the staple to use the whole stack.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 AM

<'s my DH, 3yr old twin DD, and 7yr old DD

My Mood/Status:
clshoe04 has posted more than 50 good deals
I also use my electric scissors and cut multiple pages but I never thought to staple them first. Thanks for the idea! :-)
Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Goonies never say die...
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use the Scotch paper cutters. SO FAST! And my Wal-Mart has them on clearance for $2. I bought 20 'cause I had a $1 Q!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lisbell For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!
i just went to michaels store and bought fiskars sure cut paper trimmer. it has a wire to show you where you are cutting exactly .. wire shows through the clear color plastic.

just cut one of the pages.. cuts so nice.

bought the larger one for 30 and this week you can use the 50 % off coupons that you can print online, or michaels has it in their weekly insert, but also .. the cashiers had it in the store.

so i paid 15 dollars.

50 % off coupon on one full price item, which this was, is valid only this week.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
toto35 has posted more than 5 good deals
I use a small paper trimmer b/c I kept losing coupons w/ my big one. I can usually do 5 sheets @ a time and for those sheets where the q's r in a tricky place to use a trimmer, I use scissors.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Til has posted more than 25 good deals
I use a paper trimmer. I seperate coups in 10's, staple and cut. (although for P&G I seperate into 4 coups).
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hstover has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I use good old scissors. If I have multiples to cut I just line them up and cut away
I think I would like to use paper trimmer at some point. That is a good idea to staple them before cutting!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM

vickieperez has posted more than 25 good deals
I use the scotch precision shears no stick 8 inches I never thought about stapling and that's great seems like you could staple the coupons, that wouldnt move around I'll try does cutting boards from michaels in it doesn't work for me maybe to split your coupons and have that paper itself go to the center of the coupons paper and split in half ever you not caring every other page
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM

I just tried my fiscars
cutting board for michaels in it does work good but only on 1 sheet at a time
Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 AM

BBSSept

My Mood/Status:
BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Ialso have a Fiscars and
i can usually do 4 sheets at a time. Works great.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Grounded for Life

Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!
I use regular scissors and I cut one sheet at a time!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!stufium has posted more than 200 great deals!
I used my fiscars to cut from 5 to 10 papers and its working fine for me.

even if i line up more then 10 it will cut whatever it will cut,. then i pull out whats cut and slice again and it cuts the rest.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just want to remind people (especially newcomers) that coupons that are gang cut (cut in stacks) frequently create problems for the retailers, sometimes the manufacturers won't reimburse them. This can lead to a loss of money for the retailer, and more restrictions on couponers as a result.

It might be worth the extra couple minutes to cut them singly, instead of stacking and stapling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 09:20 PM

They slip from time to time but I've never had any pro blems at the store
Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 PM

alp421 has posted more than 200 great deals!alp421 has posted more than 200 great deals!alp421 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I cut one sheet at a time for inserts since they move around too much. But with IP's I use my paper cutter at my office.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM

Grounded for Life

Pumpkngabby has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake
I just want to remind people (especially newcomers) that coupons that are gang cut (cut in stacks) frequently create problems for the retailers, sometimes the manufacturers won't reimburse them. This can lead to a loss of money for the retailer, and more restrictions on couponers as a result.

It might be worth the extra couple minutes to cut them singly, instead of stacking and stapling.
Why and how is this ? I was cutting in stacks should I cut singly
Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 AM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickieperez View Post
They slip from time to time but I've never had any pro blems at the store
The problem isn't slipping necessarily - or the store itself accepting them. The problem is when the store sends them to the redemption center and they see identical cut lines - they can flag that set of coupons as not reimbursable.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkngabby View Post
Why and how is this ? I was cutting in stacks should I cut singly
If the coupons have identical cut lines, it's a sign of suspicious activity - like the consumer buying coupons through a clipping service or on ebay which violates the terms of most coupons.

Even if you legitimately bought 10 copies of the paper, if you stack and cut them, it's possible the store itself will get the claim rejected and not get reimbursed because it's such a strong indicator of coupon fraud. The store could in theory go into dispute to try to get reimbursed but they don't because the cost of disputing is greater than the individual claim.

If you google "gang-cuts" and coupons you'll find more on the topic.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM

Wags gang cutting

thank you are never heard of this I've never had any problems yet I know when his address me about it did you read my form about walgreens they' told me I can I use register rewards to purchase something to get the re another register rewards even with fillars even without using coupons on them only ttwo gain RR was trying to get the term acare 5 dolla register rewards the manager told me it was against policy and he told do corporate they told me I was in there by laws he already told me before he said I said you're lying you never tell me anything like that and I've never had any problems he said if anybody else is doing it then it illegal I talk to corporate and they told me it was in the bylaws that it was not to happen then he said someone would contact me monday which is today I'll let everyone know how it goes I have a reference number and everything I had to call them 5 * 4 * I got hung up on because they transferred me to numbember that didn't work finally I get the correct number and leave a bruise feet to an agent hey was very nice and polite but not give me the full information except from his supervisor with wasn't there but he didn't tell me that you cannot use register rewards to gain registeru rewards .store number 03557 deltona florida the manager was ugly to me and slammed my change on the counter.