Clearing Shelves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Excited for 2011 Savings!

My Mood/Status:
maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!maryclayton10 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Clearing Shelves

So how to you guys determine how much stuff you get? I don't like to clear the shelves. I will stop in everyday and get a few of each item per day. But when it's the day the sale ends...would you take the last few items on the shelf?
The Following User Says Thank You to maryclayton10 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM

RE: Clearing Shelves

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I will admit that I would be considered a clearer. There are a few other mass stockpilers in my immediate area and if I dont take the amount I need when it is there it will be gone when I come back.

I had a "friend" at my local wm order me a few extra cases of several different items. Although she cannont "hold" them for me they will be on the shelf on friday morning and I will be there to snatch up 100 J&J travel first aid kits and 150 clean and clear facial cleansers..and 150 single use tides. If I dont get those someone else will and my coupons will expire and I will have missed a great deal.....so yes, I am all for cleaning out a shelf if the product is there.
The Following User Says Thank You to famofthree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
JWBost has posted more than 25 good deals
famofthree: What do you do with 100 first aid kits?? Do you have that many coupons? I don't know anything about "mass" stockpiling...
The Following User Says Thank You to JWBost For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:05 AM

McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
How do you define "shelf clearing"? I know that if I don't buy what I need when I see it and it is there that it will be gone. If it is a clearance item, I will take what I need. I usually buy a reasonable amount about 4-10 of a single item, so if there are three left on a shelf, I will buy them. I try not to clear shelves but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
The Following User Says Thank You to McEngle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 AM

procrastinating
Consistently NOT smarter than a fifth grader

My Mood/Status:
tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I will buy however many I will use this coupon cycle. You know what you see every few months vs once a year. If I find it in stock, I will buy what my family will actually use (not donations and such) until I expect the sale and coupon cycle to repeat. If it is on clearance and I have a coupon, I am doing the store a favor by clearing that shelf and I will take all I want of that. If you have daughters of that age (kwim) you can reasonably buy nearly a box for each per month. That might make you actually need 4-6 or maybe even 10 boxes or more to actually meet your needs. I say go for that. If you go at store opening on day #1 of the sale and buy 20 gillette razors... Unless you have 10 boys... I can see needing 150 tide singles. Heck, it i 115 in the morning and I just forwarded th laundry. I have washed 4 loads just today
Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBost View Post
famofthree: What do you do with 100 first aid kits?? Do you have that many coupons? I don't know anything about "mass" stockpiling...

there are a few couponers in my area that hold LARGE stockpile sales, that is what I consider mass stockpiling. I checked out a sale of theirs and they had 400 bottles of snuggle!! That is a lot of snuggle!

I do have that many coupons, I get lots of inserts and I am a HUGE supporter of my local pantry. I also use the items I get for trunk or treat in low income areas as well as donations to several non profits.

I love donating and I will clear the shelves to do knowing that it is going to good use
The Following User Says Thank You to famofthree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I will buy as much as I need. Though I am not a "serious" stockpiler, nor do I need to be since I only have a family of 2 and no pets. Everyone's situation is different and stockpiling needs are different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[b]Wife to Tim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to applerama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 05:34 PM

NOT ISO ANYTHING ATM
Tired again!

My Mood/Status:
Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy2One has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'll buy as much as I need or have coupons for, I can't afford to buy 100's in one go because of the tax still applying, I am from the same area as famofthree so again, if I don't get it when i see it I won't get another chance, so in some cases I will clear the shelves but most I have ever bought of a single product was 24 old spice body washes during the buy 3 get GC deal. There were plenty of items left on the shelf too, had I had more money I would have bought more. I'm lucky if I can get to stores to deals once a month these days so i do take full advantage.

Those that clear the shelves to resell, I don't appreciate that, nor approve, but thats another issue. I buy purely for myself and my family to use, buying in bulk like that during a sale saves us $$ in the long run, I wish i could buy more but I'm not financially able to do that.
5 yr old DD & 17 month old
DS & I love to

The Following User Says Thank You to Mommy2One For This Useful Post: