How Do I Get Multiples Of Coupon Inserts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 AM
trying to make sense of this mess!

My Mood/Status:
MsJAP has posted more than 50 good deals
Star How do I get multiples of coupon inserts?

I know the easiest and most obvious answer is to just buy several papers, but I don't really want to do that....

I've heard several people mention that they ask managers for the coupons from the old newspapers (Get leftover Sunday coupons on Monday). I just called my local Wags and the manager laughed at my request.... So how do you guys do it? I offered to buy them, never asked for him to just give them to me.

I'm wondering what you guys said to a gas station/drug store/convienence store manager to get him to agree to sell you the leftover inserts? I understand that the newspaper comes and takes old papers when they drop off new ones, but I doubt they count the coupons inside!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsJAP For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 PM

RE: How do I get multiples of coupon inserts?

praising the Lord

My Mood/Status:
WhyNotCoupons? has posted more than 300 great deals!WhyNotCoupons? has posted more than 300 great deals!WhyNotCoupons? has posted more than 300 great deals!WhyNotCoupons? has posted more than 300 great deals!
First off, I think you have to do this in person.

Second, are there any shops that sell papers that you go to regularly. Have they seen you before?

Third, if not, it's time to make friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCoupons? For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 05:18 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!dmyersquin has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Go out early on Sunday morning and make note of who gets the sunday paper on your street. Then politely ask them if you can have the coupons they aren't going to use.

Get several friends to form a coupon swapping group. If you live close, meet every week to swap coupons you don't want.

You can order from coupon clipper places (look under the "coupon" tab at the top".

I got a Christmas card from my newspaper guy and called him and asked if he ever has extra inserts. He has me hooked up. He gives me lots of extras.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmyersquin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 AM

wants 2 save more this yr

My Mood/Status:
LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
you can buy them from some afc members check the fsot forum
The Following User Says Thank You to LaLax2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
I'm looking to be able to just pick them up in town. I've read several people mentioning that they worked out deals with store managers, I'm just curious as to how they worded it.

My town's paper is an afternoon one only printed M-F. There aren't any Sunday papers that deliver here. I buy my Sunday paper at gas stations, Wags, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MsJAP For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 11:42 AM

Money Savin' Mommmy

My Mood/Status:
lamezquita2009 has posted more than 150 good deals!lamezquita2009 has posted more than 150 good deals!
i always ask my family and friends for theirs
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM

AFC Star Member

crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!crybaby has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I would try the gas station manager first as wags might have stricter store policys. Just be casual and ask you were wondering what they did with the outdated newspapers, if the carrier picks them up to get a count credit of unsold or if the store recycles them. Be honest with them, say - I am trying to find a regular source of the sales flyers & coupon inserts.

BTW ,Do you have a recycling center in your town? Maybe you could dumpster dive there.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM

entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!entropygirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I grab them out of my apartment complex's recycling bin.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lol My town isn't big enough for a real recyling effort (I have to bag, sort and deliver all my recycling). None of my friends use coupons, like at all. Some of them didn't even know such a thing existed (outside of the store blinkies and tearpads) until I couldn't resist and started showing them some high value coupons (anyone remember last years $7 WYB Kingsford and BBQ sauce?). I still haven't converted them entirely....
I'll will definately try CryBaby's advice and ask the manager in that same tone/language. I really think the issue is that I just don't know the proper way to ask them.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM

NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!NatalieSaves has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJAP View Post
I'll will definately try CryBaby's advice and ask the manager in that same tone/language. I really think the issue is that I just don't know the proper way to ask them.
Let us know how it goes! I really need to get up the nerve to talk to the manager at the gas station right next to my complex.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM

Crazy for CVS

OUMomof3 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have been wondering the same thing. My mother-in-law mails me her inserts, but I often miss deals waiting. I get my sister's and pick up a few at the gas station. Still trying to get the nerve to ask the clerk. Maybe when I pick up a copy on Sunday, I'll give it a shot.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:33 AM

Jesus I trust in you

My Mood/Status:
atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crybaby View Post
I would try the gas station manager first as wags might have stricter store policys. Just be casual and ask you were wondering what they did with the outdated newspapers, if the carrier picks them up to get a count credit of unsold or if the store recycles them. Be honest with them, say - I am trying to find a regular source of the sales flyers & coupon inserts.

BTW ,Do you have a recycling center in your town? Maybe you could dumpster dive there.
Sounds good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Send PM for a Wishlist trade.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We go for a walk the night before garbage pickup and "harvest" coupon supplements from recycling bins.