How Do I Trade Or Sell My Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jewls2121 has posted more than 1 good deal
How do I trade or sell my coupons?

Hi,
I'm new to afc, and I always seem to have extra coupons that I don't need. Can someone tell me how to put them up for sale or trade? It seems like a good idea, way better than throwing them away..Thanks so much for your help! I love this site!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jewls2121 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 AM

RE: How do I trade or sell my coupons?

Newbie!

My Mood/Status:
islareina has posted more than 10 good deals
I don't have a answer for you, but I'm a newbie and I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I am single, vegetarian, and I live alone, but I've just started clipping coupons and I have no use for pet, child, meat, etc products. I would love to trade any of these for Morningstar Farms, Boca or St. Ives products!
The Following User Says Thank You to islareina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 AM

wants 2 save more this yr

My Mood/Status:
LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
you can post them in the fsot or you can join a train you can also RAOK them meaning give them out for nothing in return
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaLax2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Newbie!

My Mood/Status:
Hey thanks! But you could either tell us what fsot and raok means, or point us to where the glossary is?
The Following User Says Thank You to islareina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Please be very careful and make sure you check trader feedback and do NOT send any high amounts or GC's. I have done about 20 trades, of which 4 have gone bad for all different reasons, none on my part. That is a 20% rate. We do have many great traders here, but not all. If you want more details PM me, also there is a good thread about what is a red flag for when you are trading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scamelo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 AM

is hotttttttt!!!!

My Mood/Status:
kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am a bit confused about how to get a list started in FSOT. When I click on the link under "tools" I see terms such as value, expires, coupon type, etc across the top & a "process" key to the left. But I see no way to add names/amounts in. Are there directions for how to use the FSOT feature? I'd loved to share coupons I won't use with others, just need to learn how :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdjnew2qs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islareina View Post
Hey thanks! But you could either tell us what fsot and raok means, or point us to where the glossary is?
fsot means for sale or trade under this means youre looking for something in return raok means random act of kindness which you expect nothing in return
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaLax2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjnew2qs View Post
I am a bit confused about how to get a list started in FSOT. When I click on the link under "tools" I see terms such as value, expires, coupon type, etc across the top & a "process" key to the left. But I see no way to add names/amounts in. Are there directions for how to use the FSOT feature? I'd loved to share coupons I won't use with others, just need to learn how :-)
click on forum and scroll down to afc trading post and auction block then click on fsot once you click on that click on new thread there youll be able to list your coupons
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaLax2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM

Newbie!

My Mood/Status:
Thanks to all the replies, I think you all are just awesome. I may have to invite you to my University to give a seminar -- I'm not joking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to islareina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM

is hotttttttt!!!!

My Mood/Status:
kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!kdjnew2qs has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islareina View Post
Thanks to all the replies, I think you all are just awesome. I may have to invite you to my University to give a seminar -- I'm not joking.
islareina - I think a university seminar would be a great idea .. I wish I would have began this whole couponing thing while in college; I can only dream of the money I would have saved!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kdjnew2qs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM

is hotttttttt!!!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLax2 View Post
click on forum and scroll down to afc trading post and auction block then click on fsot once you click on that click on new thread there youll be able to list your coupons
Oh thanks LaLax2 - I was running around in circles trying to figure that out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdjnew2qs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!madtazzy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Following are common terms you will find on our site that pertain to coupons and refunding.

(H) = you have it and usually use this term when you are wanting to trade it.
(W) = same as ISO
B1G1 or BOGO = Buy one get one free
Blinkie = Red Smartsource machine with a red blinking light on it. The coupons in it are refered to as Blinkies
BTFE = Box Tops for Education
C/O = Cents Off
CC = Concealed Cash (cash hidden in an envelope)
CH = Clearing House
Catalina = Coupon that prints from a Catalina machine at the register.
CRT = Cash register tape (receipt)
DCRTC = Dated cash register tape with the price circled
DCRT = Dated cash register tape
DD = Darling daughter = can mean another D word if you are in a bad mood
DEAD = An offer is no longer valid
DH = Darling husband
DND = Do Not Double
DS = Darling son
DW = Darling Wife
ECB = Extra Care Buck (earned at CVS)
ES = Easy Saver = seen at Walgreens rebate booklet
EX or X. = expires on
FAR = free after rebate
FC = first class postage stamps
FIL = Father in law
FSOT = For Sale or Trade (you will trade it or take PPHF for it)
FT = For Trade, same as (H)
GDA = Good Deal Alert
HBA = Health & Beauty Aids
HDA = Hot Deal Alert
HT = hang tag
HTH = hope that helps
IDSO = In desperae search of
IMHO = in my humble opinion (there are variations of this, but that's the most common!)
Invites = Invitations via email to get a coupon for a free product, typically from Kraft.
ISO = in search of (basically you need it)
IVC = Instant value coupons - seen in Walgreens rebate booklet
IVDSO = In very desperate search of
KWIM = Know What I Mean
MFR = manufacturer
MIL = Mother in law
MIR = Mail In Rebate
MRP = manufacturer's retail price
NAZ = Name, address, zip code
NAZP# = name, address, zip code, phone number
NB = National Brand
NED = no expiration date
NFN = no form needed
NIB = new in box
NIP = new in package
NT WT = net weight
OAS = a coupon that is good on one purchase, any size
OOP = Out Of Pocket
OP = Original poster or original post (person who started the thread)
OYNO =On Your Next Order
Peelie = Coupon found attached to a product. You have to peel it off.
POP = Proof of purchase
PP = purchase price of a product
PP = Paypal
PPHF = Paypal handling fee
PSA = Prices Starting At
Qs = Qualifiers
Qualifier = The POP required for a refund offer that is physically taken from the package
RAOK = random act of kindness (means you will give the coupons away free)
RR = Register Reward from Walgreens - use as a $ off coupon on your next purchase
SF = Store form
SIL = Sister in law
SMP = specially marked package
SO = Significant other
SRP = suggested retail price
SS = Sunday supplement coupons
Tear pad = A pad of forms/coupons found hanging from a store shelf or display
TIA = thanks in advance
TMF = Try Me Free = mail in rebate for full amount of product
Triple coupon = a coupon that a grocery store triples in value
UPC = Universal Product Code, barcode on the product
WL = wish list
WSL = while supplies last
WT = Winetag
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary (a generic term for "It worked for me, may not work for you")
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to madtazzy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Shopaholic123 has posted more than 100 good deals!Shopaholic123 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I thought TIA was someones name...
Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Starting a new job!

My Mood/Status:
srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!srbracelin has posted more than 400 great deals!
Remember if you have Qs that are expired or are going to expire without enough time to trade, you can adopt a military base and send them via the Overseas Coupon Program. I finally decided to adopt a base since I have way too many expired Qs. I'll be sending them off this week!

The Following User Says Thank You to srbracelin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
rlafleur has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks for the link! I have picked my base - Army - Germany and will be going to the post next week. I contacted a few people and they are bringing me their exp coups as well. A sorting I will do!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rlafleur For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
rlafleur has posted more than 5 good deals
THanks for the acronym list...I was a little lost on a few of them!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
turrtle_1 has posted more than 50 good deals
talk the talk

Thanks for breaking down the lingo. I was a little lost to say the least!!