Why Does It Matter The "order You Give Coupons"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SD19565 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Question Why does it matter the "order you give coupons"?

I am a newbie so please forgive my Q ignorance.
Why does it matter the order that you give coupons to a cashier.
Can someone explain in easy to understand steps why it matters and is it that way at all stores.

TIA for your assistance. I really appreciate it.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 AM

RE: Why does it matter the "order you give coupons"?

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AFC
The Following User Says Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 AM

Busy, Busy, Busy! Alway's Busy!!!

My Mood/Status:
tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tohimipray has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well, I know at Walgreen's your manufacturer's coupons will beep some times if you give the store coupons first. Also, I give my BOGO cpns last instead of first because if it is coded for two products, it will beep if you used a $$/1 coupon on the one you have to buy. In this case when the BOGO cpn beeps I can usually just say "That coupon is for a free one" and they override it. This bogo issue happens at my Farm Fresh too, so I do it this way there too. So, to avoid any problems, I just give my BOGO coupons last everywhere I go unless I am told to do different.

Last edited by tohimipray; 02-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tohimipray For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 01:47 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
happymommy1 has posted more than 100 good deals!happymommy1 has posted more than 100 good deals!
At CVS, I will give the x/xx (example 4 off 20) first to make sure I am at the right amount, that is the only order that I go in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happymommy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
As ToHimIpray said, at Wags if you give the store coupons first, it might cause the manufacturer coupons to beep.

I don't have a set way to give them, although many people do. My rule of thumb is 1st Manu Qs, then RRs or Store Qs.

I give the largest Qs first and sometimes give the RRs first or second, if they are high-dollar, just to make sure they go through and I'm not stuck paying a lot more than I planned.
Also, if you give the store Q last, it makes it more likely that you're going to get overage if there is any.

Here's an example of a beeping situation from Sunday that was caused by the order of the coupons.
Got 1 Aviva meter 14.99 and 1 russell stover candy (to eat up the penny extra from the coupons).
Had 1 $10 mq and 1 $5 store Q.
I did it both ways.
If I gave the mq first, it went through with no problems. Cashier put in $10. Then the store Q went through fine.

When I gave the store Q first, the system would not take the MQ when the cashier put in $10. She had to put in $9.99 in order for it to go through since $15 was higher than the price of the item. She was able to do that on this coupon because it was an "up to $10.00" coupon. Most coupons they won't adjust down like that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
4kids920 has posted more than 10 good deals
Hey everyone! My name is Tammy & I am am new to all of this too. I have only used coupons a couple of times but let me comment on the order b/c I want to kick myself every time everytime I think of this now... The other day at check out I jst handed all of my coupons to the lady & It was dble coupon day for up to 5 coupons<<----- NO BRAINER right well I missed out on some money & definately make sure each coupons goes thru!
The Following User Says Thank You to 4kids920 For This Useful Post: