Digital Camera Help

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 11:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ecofriendly Consumer

My Mood/Status:
autumnrainbow has posted more than 300 great deals!autumnrainbow has posted more than 300 great deals!autumnrainbow has posted more than 300 great deals!autumnrainbow has posted more than 300 great deals!
Digital Camera Help

Hey everyone. I want a new digital camera, but I want to make sure I get one I'm really going to like. I have a 5mp aiptek, that makes the mini videos, the pictures are okay , the problem is you have to have a ton of light or the pictures turn out lousy. You can't take any indoors that turn out well. THey are all dark. So looking for something with a good flash, okay action motion since with kids your usually chasing a moving target, a lot of megapixels, also at least 3X zoom, but I would like more.

I would like to pay under $200, but anything you suggest is good, because I can always look for a good deal on it. I saw some really good deals in the Ritz camera ad this week, I just don't know which is the best camera.

P.S. If it comes in a cute color thats a good bonus too.

Thanks for your help! Let me know what you use and the good and bad.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 PM

RE: Digital Camera Help

is one lens/shutter away from perfection

My Mood/Status:
adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!adnil has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use a Samsung Digimax A503 5.0 MP and I just LOVE IT!!!!! it has so many features that I wouldn't know where to start. Here is a link to Amazon showing the camera and it gives some details: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZDOV4?tag=afullcup04-20

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 AM

RE: Digital Camera Help

is thinking about sleep
Hot Deal Hunter & Gatherer...

My Mood/Status:
kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kvilledrummer has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I had a Sony DSC-600. The video mode was pretty good, but it was poor for taking pictures in low light like your Aiptek. I could never get a good action shot of the dog inside with that camera because of the shutter lag.

I found a deal the other month on a new model Canon Powershot A550 which is a 7MP - 4X optical zoom. OD recently had them for $150 and I pricematched OD to Staples when they had a free photo printer AR and used Staples coupons to get my after rebate cost down to around $128 including all taxes. Didn't need the photo printer so I sold it & my old Sony on the bulletin board at work which brought my net price down to about $88. The free AR photo printer deal is still going on at Staples because of a combo rebate when you buy camera/printer. See Staples link for details:
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...s&fromUrl=home

The Powershot has been a great camera so far & I would highly recommend it. Much better in low light than the Sony & the video mode is even better. Uses SD cards for memory which are dirt cheap all the time & AA batteries so you can use the rechargeables that most people have anyway. Very intuitive & easy to use with LCD & viewfinder (many newer models have no viewfinder - it is sometimes difficult to take outdoor photos without one because of sun glare on the LCD).

If you can beg a $30/150 Staples coupon somewhere you should be able to get the combo for around $150+tax. You can sell the printer if you don't have a use for it like I did.

Hope this helps!

Tags
camera, digital