Coupon Binder Decisions (double Binder)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Happy to be saving $

My Mood/Status:
Houseful has posted more than 25 good deals
Coupon binder decisions (double binder)

I have been wanting a coupon binder. I looked at Office Max and found a fancy leather-like one for $15. I bought it, but then I started thinking it might be too thin. So I went to the thrift store and found a Case It double binder for $3. I bought that one too. Now I need to figure out how to fill it. I've been watching videos of how people set up theirs on You Tube. That has been helpful. I haven't seen anyone with a double binder though. Does anyone have any ideas on how to use this kind. I am going to attempt to post photos here so you can see what I have. I'm leaning toward using the Case It because it has so many pockets and more room. I'm also posting a photo of my old lunch box coupon holder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leather-like binder closed.jpg (180.8 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Leather-like binder open.jpg (193.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg Case it binder inside.jpg (200.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg lunch box coupon holder open.jpg (186.7 KB, 142 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Houseful For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM

RE: Coupon binder decisions (double binder)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Newly Addicted

Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have the Case-It Z binder like that. I love it. For me I use one side for the q's I know I will use and I use the baseball card holders for most with tabs. The other side is for q's I'm going to trade. that way if there is one on the trade side I want it's still with me (used to leave them at home before binder).

Some folks use one side for H&B and paper/cleaner type things and the other for groceries but I don't keep THAT many q's at any given time since I don't shop for a big family.

I love my binder. I added a few 3 ring zipper pouches to hold things. I use one when I find q's in the store so I can quick stash them and file them properly later for example. I love the pockets too, to stash the current store ads so you have it on hand if you need it.

Adopt a Rat Terrier and Life Will Be Merrier!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman
"My Home" Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm having a similar struggle. I've been using a 3-ring binder with photo album pages. I didn't want to use trading card pages because of the folding and little teeny pockets. But now I order large amounts of inserts and I'm trading more, and I just have too many coupons for my binder! I got another one just like mine from my mother (she couldn't hang ). So now I'm trying to figure out if I want one for trades and one for keeps or if I want to go the food/non-food route. Or do I need a whole new binder? I definitely need a better system!

Sorry I'm of no help and kinda hijacked the thread! I can't wait to see what advice you get!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan

Join us in
!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Happy to be saving $

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of putting the store pocket folders on one side and the coupons on the other side. I'm hoping to get the pockets for the coupons tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Houseful For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 03:18 PM

Finally got my q's organized!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love the one you found from Office Max. I was trying to find one like that, but couldn't, so I got the exact same Case It binder you have (the double binder one). I use one side for trading, and the other for coupons I will use.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Happy to be saving $

My Mood/Status:
trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamom25 View Post
I love the one you found from Office Max. I was trying to find one like that, but couldn't, so I got the exact same Case It binder you have (the double binder one). I use one side for trading, and the other for coupons I will use.
I guess I don't really know about the trading part of it. I need to learn that! I save almost all the coupons, even those I don't use in case I need them for a clearance item or to get register rewards from Walgreens.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have the Case It Z binder also and love it. Use one side for food items and one side for non food. Works great for me. I do cut and carry about 3 weekly inserts in my binder for close out deals I may find.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM

neblinosa has posted more than 200 great deals!neblinosa has posted more than 200 great deals!neblinosa has posted more than 200 great deals!
I was looking at coupon binders on You Tube earlier this week and I found one with the Case It double binder. If only I could remember the author. Iíll have to look again tonight. Iíll post a link if I find it. I found a double one at Target but is seemed poorly constructed. How is it holding up?
The Following User Says Thank You to neblinosa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Newly Addicted

Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Biz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
So far my Case-it Z binder is holding up very well. Over all I am very pleased with it.

Adopt a Rat Terrier and Life Will Be Merrier!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:35 PM

Happy to be saving $

My Mood/Status:
So far I have it about half loaded. I finished all of my food in about 30 pages, now I have the rest of it to go. The only thing about the double binder is that the pages that overlap the other binder are up (not laying flat), so I have to push down on the pages so they don't all fall out when I open it up to rearrange the sheets. I'm realizing that two 30 packs will probably not be enough holders for all of my coupons. This is taking longer to put together than I realized!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 PM

hunycombs has posted more than 25 good deals
I use the double binder..took some getting used to ..but now I wouldnt trade it... I use the first binder for food items... and the second binder I have split in two categories.. Non food..like walmart househould stuff and the second is for meds... I have the baseball cards and alphabetize(?)... I LOVE IT...
Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 PM

verucasalt1

verucasalt1 has posted more than 100 good deals!verucasalt1 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have one like the leather one you posted, little different but it came from Walmart a while ago. DH used to use it as a briefcase and when he was done with it I stole it. LOL I have the double ring case it and couldn't get it organized right. My only regret is that the leather one doesn't have a strap!!! Maybe DH will have to help me get creative.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
susanstrad has posted more than 400 great deals!susanstrad has posted more than 400 great deals!susanstrad has posted more than 400 great deals!susanstrad has posted more than 400 great deals!susanstrad has posted more than 400 great deals!
I bought pages that are used to display dollar bills. They have three pockets that go all the way across the page. That way I don't have to fold the coupons, and everything stays neat.
The Following User Says Thank You to susanstrad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Building my stockpile!!

My Mood/Status:
aryn12205 has posted more than 300 great deals!aryn12205 has posted more than 300 great deals!aryn12205 has posted more than 300 great deals!aryn12205 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I'm using a double ring Case-It binder. I found it at Target for $17. It has 2" rings on each side.
Hayden (1), wife to Jesse
The Following User Says Thank You to aryn12205 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have the same double binder system.
I have ALL of my coupons in alphabetical order, in baseball card holders.
So basically I started with the A's on the one binder & finished with the Z's on the other binder.
My alphabetical order is by product name - example: Arm & Happer toothpaste is in the A's, not under toothpaste.
Bumble Bee Tuna is under B's, not tuna...etc.
I think my split ends up being right after the letter H
I also keep my expireds (I have a store that accepts them) in the very front, in a sleeve. I keep my Target coupons (with matchups if available) in a plastic pencil holder thing & then I keep that in the front inside pocket.
Hope that might help!

I love my binder & this system seems to work well for me!