Where Is The Cheapest Place To Get Ink Cartridges For Your Printer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
I'm in a New York state of mind...

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Where is the cheapest place to get ink cartridges for your printer?

I've been "couponing" for almost 3 months now; have saved literally over $1,200.00 (probably a little more; have kept a list of everything & have to update the total).

I've only bought a newspaper (1) three different Sunday's. I've also been fortunate enought to get some RAOK from three very generous people.

But the majority of the q's I have used have been from printing out on the internet.

And I've used alot of ink, obviously. I still feel it has definitely been worth it; considering how much I have saved, obviously.

But my ink has only lasted me 4 months, as where normally, it would last many more months, as I don't do a lot of printing.

So, long story short (too late; long already ), I was wondering where people get their ink cheaply.

I need HP ink cartridges; one for black & one for color; though I think my color may be good for a little bit longer; but I have stretched my black to the limit.

I thought I saw posts where people said Walgreens was good, price wise.

I also thought people had said there were some good sites on the internet.

I got an email with a q for some place called Ink Stop. When I went to the web site, it listed alot of different places. I thought perhaps there was one or two that people used that are known to have great prices.

I have always gotten them at Staples. The last I got was a package of 1 black & one color; a few bucks cheaper with the package rather than individually; but the 2 were $45.00. I got back a check for $9.00 from them for recycling the cartridges, but would still love to find a cheaper place than the twenty-some-odd dollars it will cost me just for the black ink one.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this; wasn't sure where would be correct.

Thanks in advance for anyones help!!
The Following User Says Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM

RE: Where is the cheapest place to get ink cartridges for your printer?

My Mood/Status:
NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I like to refill my own. It's easy ans soo much cheaper than paying to have them refilled. The refill kits are around 10 at Wal-Mart and you can get 3-5 refills out of them. It's even cheaper to buy kits off of ebay.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NinaJo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Keeping the Faith!

My Mood/Status:
BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!BJB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've been shopping lately... so, I ended up getting some black $35.99 #45 for hp, had a $5/$25 one day only, and used my ECBs and paid $20. I think if you have CVS and you wait til the sale it'll be buy two get $10. ECBs. Other than that Staples is where I was headed or Walmart had a 2 pack... #45 & # 78 for $69.88, and they had cheaper printers on sale, would have got new printer w/ 2 extra cartridges and paper, for $90.00. But I'm happy with just black, and I will run with that til they are cheaper... Cause I am cheap!

Positive Thoughts -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaJo View Post
I like to refill my own. It's easy ans soo much cheaper than paying to have them refilled. The refill kits are around 10 at Wal-Mart and you can get 3-5 refills out of them. It's even cheaper to buy kits off of ebay.

Thanks for the info! I will have to check Walmart out! I find they are so much cheaper on just about anything; I should have thought of them.

Thanks again for the info!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB View Post
I've been shopping lately... so, I ended up getting some black $35.99 #45 for hp, had a $5/$25 one day only, and used my ECBs and paid $20. I think if you have CVS and you wait til the sale it'll be buy two get $10. ECBs. Other than that Staples is where I was headed or Walmart had a 2 pack... #45 & # 78 for $69.88, and they had cheaper printers on sale, would have got new printer w/ 2 extra cartridges and paper, for $90.00. But I'm happy with just black, and I will run with that til they are cheaper... Cause I am cheap!
Thanks for the info!

Being cheap is a good thing! Especially when ink is what we're talking about; is it is soooooo expensive!

Thanks again for the info! Will keep that in mind; about CVS & the ECBs.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Been a while, trying again.

My Mood/Status:
southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!southrngirlygrl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Ebay. I hate how expensive HP ink is. It's outrageous. Since inks have an expiration date on them, most stores end up throwing them out. There's a few people on ebay selling those and there are some that dont expire for a while.
I ended up with 2 blacks for $24 last time I ordered.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southrngirlygrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 PM

blessed to look for bargains!

My Mood/Status:
3rddayfan has posted more than 200 great deals!3rddayfan has posted more than 200 great deals!3rddayfan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Facts cheap cartridge refills

Hi, do you have a Walgreens with a photo section? Most Walgreens now feature cartridge refills. Per a manager I asked, I think RRs are accepted. HTH!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rddayfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I check on the price of ink before I brought my printer.
We order from 123 ink.

There are many forms of death - you can die physically, you can die mentally and you can sadly die from loneliness.

'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.' -Norman Cousins
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LACECOUPONS For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2009, 06:36 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Cartridge World now.

Before that, got them refilled at Walgreens. They don't do the cartridge I have now, or I'd go there instead of Cartridge World.

Ebay too, but I'm usually running out of ink and can't wait the 4 or 5 days to get it in the mail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 PM

sschroe273 has posted more than 1 good deal
I use inkgrabber.com My printer uses 6 cartridges. They sell the refilled ones for 6.95 ea plus they will usually have a whole package deal. They also send coupons for 20% off next order. Been using them for 3 years and no problems whatsoever
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sschroe273 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank You Thanks to everyone for their input!

Thank you to everyone for your great ideas & very useful info! I am going to check out all the sites everyone mentioned.

Unfortunatly (for me), when I posted this, I really needed the ink badly & couldn't wait a few days to receive something in the mail. I think I will start looking at different sites now, so the next time I start running low on ink, I can order something & pay less.

(ADDED TO POST ~ Forgot~ I actually first went to Walmart but they were out of them; I forget the brand name now, but the guy told me it was compatible to the HP I needed & would fit my printer; but again, they were out of them.)

I wound up going to Walgreens; for HP, they were extremely over priced. This is a relatively new store & doesn't have their photo dept. up & fully running as of right now. They did have some kind of generic ink refiller; but it came in a plastic blister pack, with the info inside, & so I wouldn't know more about it until I opened it; so I decided to pass on that. It was $14.99 or $15.99; I forget which right now,

I then went to Staples, as they were the next store going in the same direction. I had a check from them for $9. for returning 3 ink cartridges; & that expires the end of this month; so I didn't mind using it if I had to.

I had the wierdest experience at Staples that I've ever had. I asked a woman who worked there if they sold either a kind of generic ink cartridges, or refillable ink cartridges. She said they had the refillable type in a kit; & showed me them; one was for any cartridges & the other was for HP (which I have or need); but they both looked the same. On the package, it said they filled 3 cartridges. I asked the woman if she knew if they were good; she said she bought it & her Husband did it; laid down newspaper & it was a total mess everywhere. The price was $15 or $16; I think $15; so with my $9 check, it would have been $6 or $7. I checked out the regular HP & they were $24. I took this kit to the register & asked if I purchased this using the check, & I had to return it, would I get back a credit for the full $15., or just the $6 (which is less the $9); the cashier wasn't sure & checked with someone else who said I would forfeit the check; so I thought I better be more sure about whatever I decided to buy.

So I walked over to an Assist. Mgr & asked him if he was familiar with these kits; he said he wasn't, & called over to the Mrg who was nearby & asked him if he knew about these kits.

The Mgr angrily said, "I wouldn't use them!!" And I asked him why, to which he practically yelled at me, "You wanna ruin your printer???!!" And I said, "No" (duh??). I asked him if he could explain to me why they would ruin the printer, & he continued to yell at me (for whatever reason I still don't know!), "Every ink cartridge has a different number & uses different ink! You can't use a different type of ink! Why do you think they have different numbers??"; to which I was going to tell him, because they fit different printers! I didn't think 2 different HP printers used 2 different "types" of ink; I figured they took different cartridges that "fit" those particular printers!

He was just really nasty & rude; & there was no way I wanted to continue the conversation with him any longer so I just said okay and walked away.

What I should have asked him was why did he bother selling them in his store if he thought they were that bad & would ruin people's printers??? I can only assume he makes more money on the regular overpriced ink cartridges; so that is why he pushes them.

I also wanted to ask him why he was so rude, & yelling at me; like something was my fault. I was simply asking a question. There is a way to speak to someone; & I can't believe this was a Manager.

In any event, after that, I didn't have the head to have to deal with anything; & just bought the regular overpriced ink cartridge using my $9. Staples Rewards check.

As I said, I will definitely check out the sites everyone here has referenced beforehand, & when I have time to order a cartridge.

Thanks again to everyone & sorry for the long post......