Easy Christmas Crafts

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 10:29 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Smile Easy Christmas Crafts

Not sure if there is another thread for Christmas Crafts, but I thought it would be fun to see what ideas people have.

Santa Claus Binocular
Found an easy craft to make with your children using toilet paper holders, that's cute! Thought I would share from pinterest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 11-20-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added to post
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 10:56 AM

RE: Easy Christmas Crafts

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Marbled Gift Bulbs

Here's another idea that is super easy and not expensive, plus the recipient will be glad to receive.

Supplies Needed:
Clear Bulbs (Michaels has these, use 50% coupon this week for better savings.)
Acrylic Craft Paint (choose the colors you like--you can buy at Michaels, Walmart, or other craft stores)

Directions:
Gently pull the top of the clear bulb and put a streak of paint on the inside wall of the bulb, change colors if you like and streak another color. When you cover at least 4 sides then place it upright in a cup, every few hours turn the bulb to make the marbled look. The paint will coat another part of the bulb. This will take a few days to completely dry. Don't worry it will look great when finished. Package with a cute bow for an elegant appearance and give to family, friends, or co-workers. Have fun!

Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

Old 11-20-2014, 11:07 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Sandy Christmas Bulb

My MIL one year made me an ornament I really love. It is so easy and doable! Here is a similar picture to the one I received.

Supplies:
Clear Bulbs (craft stores like Michaels supply these)
Table Salt
Pepper
Shells (bought from craft store)

Directions:
Gently open the top of the clear bulb. Take some table salt and pour in some pepper to resemble the look of sand. Pour some into the bottom of the bulb about 1/4 of the bottom of the bulb. Gently place the shell onto of the salt mixture. Replace the bulb top and attach a cute bow. Mine came with a saying on the top about Christmas. Have fun making!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 11:17 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Reindeer Gift Pack

Here another idea for a cute way to give away Christmas candy without breaking the bank.

Supplies Needed:
Brown Washcloth or Dishtowel
Ribbon
Goggly Eyes
Small Pompom for nose
Brown Pipecleaner
Small Jingle Bells
Choose a Christmas saying of your choice for added personalization!

I think this one is self explanatory, but if you are struggling to get it working correctly lmk and I will post some directions otherwise enjoy this one, too!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 11:24 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Easy Christmas Card Holder

Don't have a place for Christmas cards?...if you are like me Christmas cards on the door with tape can be a total disaster. Here's an easy idea to keep them more organized.

Supplies Needed:
Large Embroidery Loom
Wooden Clothes Pins
Hot Glue Gun

This one is pretty self explanatory too, but if you get stuck just post and I will help out the best I can. Stay organized this season.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 11:28 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Festive Name Card Holders

Found another idea that's super easy, but so cute.

Supplies Needed:
Small Candy Canes
Cardstock
Scotch Tape

Another that can be done just looking at the picture. Great help in keeping the table or buffet table organized!

Old 11-20-2014, 03:46 PM

more4us3 has posted more than 200 great deals!more4us3 has posted more than 200 great deals!more4us3 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Great posts! thanks so much!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to more4us3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2014, 12:32 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Elegant Twlight Candle

Here's another one that doesn't take too long...

Supplies Needed:
Cinnamon Sticks
Candle
Ribbon/Bow/String (Depends on what you like)
Buttons, Bells, etc.
Sticky Tack

Directions:
Take the cinnamon sticks and glue side by side of the candle with the hot glue gun all the way around the candle. Tie a ribbon/bow/string around the candle. Add accessory w/hot glue gun on the front of ribbon/bow/string. Easy and nice gift for someone! Plus the cinnamon smells heavenly.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 12-02-2014 at 06:23 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Santa Jar

I was looking for something that I could put a gift card in that might be cute and found this easy craft, plus add some other fun surprises for friends and family.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 12-02-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added title
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 PM

I love coupon trains
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Following!
I eat gluten free
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctsunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Easy Homemade Card w/Christmas Bulbs

Today I was watching an episode of "The Chew" on ABC and they made such cute homemade cards, this one is super easy made with a pen and buttons. You could add more supplies to make it fancier, maybe bows or something to make it pop. They were cute the way they were, though.

Here's a picture of something similar to it. I also noticed the you could make squiggly lines like a bulb strand and put different colors of your fingerprints. Very cute!

Supplies Needed:
Different colors of buttons
Sewing Thread
Thin Tip Pen
Card & Envelope (can purchase at Walmart, etc. in stationary department)

This one is pretty self explanatory. (If not just ask. )

Old 12-02-2014, 10:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SJRoth has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great ideas! Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJRoth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 10:28 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Rudolph Reindeer Thumbprints Greeting Card

Rudolph Reindeer Thumbprints Greeting Card

Here's another one that is so easy, but so pleasing to the eye that your friends and families will appreciate.

Supplies Needed:

Ink pad---color brown or bronze (for reindeer head)
Red and light tan card stock or card w/envelope from stationary section (Walmart, Office Depot, etc.)
Craft glue (This is stickier than regular glue and will hold the craft pieces better)
Googly eyes
Mini pom-poms, 2 brown and 1 red (noses)
Thin Brown marker (for Antlers)

Directions:

1. Use a thumb or fingertip to stamp 3 reindeer heads on the note card.

2. Glue on googly eyes and pom-pom noses (including a red one for Rudolph in the middle of the other reindeers). Finish by drawing antlers, and adding a written or stamped greeting of your choice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2014, 03:00 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Pasta Angels

With all the pasta deals, here's another easy one that makes a cute angel.

Supplies Needed:
Rigatoni pasta (angel body)
Bowtie pasta (wings)
Elbow pasta (arms)
3/4 inch wooden balls (head), solid or with hole
White craft paint or spray paint
Ultra fine point permanent markers
Fine point permanent markers for hair
Hot Glue Gun
Optional: Ribbon, White paper (folded like sheet music), Stars, Glitter, etc.

This one is pretty self explanatory, too. If not, just ask. If you log into barilla.com they usually have coupons. I think the current one is $1/2 IP.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 12-04-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Cute Gingerbread Reindeer

Here's another easy ideas to decorate already made cookies, if you don't want to make them.

Supplies Needed:
Bag of Gingerbread Cookies
Gumdrops (red-Dollar Store sells these)
Betty Crocker Cookie Icing (white-eyes & black-detailing-can be purchased in most big box stores) or use filling w/icing in a zip bag and cut a small corner

Directions:
Turn the gingerbread man upside down and put some icing on his head, then press the gumdrop down (reindeers nose). Put a circle of white icing down for the eyes and a dot for the pupil on the eye. Use the black icing for a mouth. Easy cookie craft for kids!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks. These are all so special. DS 25 want's to have a crafting session for this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Grounded for Life

deenamathew has posted more than 1 good deal

O Christmas Treats!

Take tree decorating to delicious new heights with this easy candy craft. Melt a 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips according to the package directions (this makes enough for about 18 trees). If you like, use food coloring to tint the chocolate. Transfer the candy to a squeeze bottle or a ziplock bag with one corner snipped off. Form the frame of each tree by arranging three pretzel sticks in the shape of an arrow on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pipe on overlapping rows of chocolate, then top with colored sprinkles or sparkling sugar. Let the candy set before serving.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deenamathew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Reindeer Pots

This one is super easy....

Supplies Needed:
Craft Paint (Michaels and Walmart sells these)
Hot Glue Gun
Pompon
Terra Cotta Pot

Directions:
1. Paint the pot brown
2. Draw face on w/a pencil
3. Fill in face w/paint (use picture as guide)
4. Glue nose on the pot

Very Easy and fun to create!

The Following User Says Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 10:10 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Button Wreath

Need a cute and easy ornament...here you go! This one is from Martha Stewart's site. http://www.marthastewart.com/268828/...reath-ornament

Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 AM

loving saving money with y'all

My Mood/Status:
everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!everytim has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
love these~
to DH a Veteran,
, mother
of two, dd
& ds
, three grandchildren
, & animals

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to everytim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 05:00 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Mini Hot Cocoa Cups

Here's an easy idea for teachers or friends that will really make the season warm and cozy! Click the link below for directions or use your fine Christmas talents to make your own design. To make it easier the link below has a place to print out labels if you don't want to personalize it and need this one quick.

Mini Hot Cocoa Cups :: Holiday Gift Idea - The TomKat Studio

Last edited by sav4dzn; 12-11-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:05 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Mini Reindeer Spoons

Decorate your mini spoons to make small reindeer for the mini hot chocolate cups in the last post. Here's an example for a cute extra for the hot chocolate cup. This one is made with a large spoon, but can be adapted for a small one too.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:19 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Bell Candles

This one is super easy, too. I have made these in the past. The bells I have are a variety of colors for a more festive look. Michaels, I think this week has a 50% q for an item this week, plus they seem to have 20% or more for entire purchases.

Supplies Needed:
Candle (check the dollar stores)
Jingle Bells
Twine
Craft Glue

If you need help finishing this one, just ask.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 12-11-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Candy Cane Mouse

My DM made me some of these one year. Really cute way to give candy canes to friends and family. I still have them.

Supplies Needed:

2 colors of Felt (your choice)
Google eyes
Craft Glue
Pompom-nose
Candy Canes

The body of mouse is a bulb shape and the ears are an oval shape.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:03 PM

I love Target!
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!princesspsu57 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think DD and I are going to try to decorate some ornaments tomorrow. She's 16 months, so wish me luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princesspsu57 For This Useful Post: