Machine Embroidery

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

kymommy2012 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Machine Embroidery

Does anyone know how to digitize patterns for machine embroidery? I just got a Brother PE-770 and trying to build a pattern collection and use it for profit. Thanks in advance.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 PM

RE: Machine Embroidery

clogs1228 has posted more than 300 great deals!clogs1228 has posted more than 300 great deals!clogs1228 has posted more than 300 great deals!clogs1228 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Digitizing is a very intricate process. First you need very expensive software, good software costs in the thousands. Next you need to know about stitches, density, patterns, and stuff like that. I used to work for an embroidery shop and we sent all our work out to be digitized since it has to be good or you get thread breaks or a messy finished product if the digitizing is not done correctly.

I just found a program that may work if you are looking to just making patterns for home users. SewArt at SewArt Embroidery Digitizer but make sure you try out the patterns you create because a bad pattern can break needles and damage fabric and you do not want to damage a clients product and have to pay for it! This software makes it look easy but I know it is not as easy as point and click. I bought a home embroidery machine and have not really used it because I found the quality to be sub par after working on business embroidery machines. It came with software to digitize and it was not very good. I may pull it back out and play with it again though.

If you are looking for patterns to sew on items to sell check out Dakota Collectibles, we got all of our designs from them for clients and their files are good and sew out nicely. Dakota Collectibles, Embroidery Designs
Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 PM

RE: Machine Embroidery

kymommy2012 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Thank you!! I watched a youtube video teaching with SewArt but every picture I tried to drag to practice on, it rejected saying corrupt file and such. So I gave in early. I have a 30 day trial