Penny Items At Michaels

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

thomascaldwell1 has posted more than 100 good deals!thomascaldwell1 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoupon1231 View Post
Anyone have pictures of the baskets? How do you guys check prices in the store?
I'm assuming the price of $0.01 is showing up when using the scanners located throughout the store? Or is it saying something like 'item not found' (like at Target who will NOT sell to you if it says such a thing, even if they have an entire freaking display of the clearanced item)? Confirmation, please? Thank You!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomascaldwell1 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Remy3188 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1

I'm assuming the price of $0.01 is showing up when using the scanners located throughout the store? Or is it saying something like 'item not found' (like at Target who will NOT sell to you if it says such a thing, even if they have an entire freaking display of the clearanced item)? Confirmation, please? Thank You!!
Your store has scanners? Mine doesn't...
The Following User Says Thank You to Remy3188 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 AM

freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!freeisnice has posted more than 200 great deals!
ok. never seen scanners at my stores either but never thought to check to see if they have them. next time i go i will check.
The Following User Says Thank You to freeisnice For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:21 AM

mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeisnice
ok. never seen scanners at my stores either but never thought to check to see if they have them. next time i go i will check.
From what I understand it will show up.01 on the scanners but I don't have scanners in my store.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjlajl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Grounded for Life

akcq has posted more than 25 good deals
Can't wait till my kids wake up so we can take. Ride over!!
The Following User Says Thank You to akcq For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!
I've been doing Dollar General Penny Deals and I'm about to attempt my first Michaels penny deal tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone! I'll post pics if I manage to find anything.

(Ps, anyone know the Home Depot Penny Deal system or where I can find it? Thanks!)
The Following User Says Thank You to MoonAssassin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM

Grounded for Life

akcq has posted more than 25 good deals
Found one free green summer kiss basket and a few more of the paint books. Really had to look through lots of stuff!!
The Following User Says Thank You to akcq For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM

mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcq
Found one free green summer kiss basket and a few more of the paint books. Really had to look through lots of stuff!!
I haven't found any of the books, my kids would have loved them... It's crazy to see the assortment of stuff we all find!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!
Our store is so organized. No penny items for me... I REALLY wish our store had a scanner. I really don't want to keep going to the register to price check.
The Following User Says Thank You to samshua For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Shay- have you scored anymore stuff lately? I'm anxiously waiting for new penny items to search for... Wish I would have found more stuff for my kiddos
Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!MoonAssassin has posted more than 200 great deals!
Found 5 (possibly 6 items) today. I bought 3 of them.

2 Scentos - stickers, notepad
3 My Room - Butterfly holder, Porcupine hanger
1 Creatology - Foam Stickers (not sure but believe a penny)

How do you tell the penny Creatology from the rest? There was a ton of Creatology in clearance but it rang up $0.75.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3129226848.jpg (58.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg image-592627453.jpg (44.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg image-550163689.jpg (45.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg image-944805294.jpg (55.5 KB, 107 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoonAssassin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 AM

Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlajl View Post
Shay- have you scored anymore stuff lately? I'm anxiously waiting for new penny items to search for... Wish I would have found more stuff for my kiddos
No i havent.. Bt im always on the look out for the new deals, when i come across some i will post it on here for sure
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAssassin View Post
Found 5 (possibly 6 items) today. I bought 3 of them.

2 Scentos - stickers, notepad
3 My Room - Butterfly holder, Porcupine hanger
1 Creatology - Foam Stickers (not sure but believe a penny)

How do you tell the penny Creatology from the rest? There was a ton of Creatology in clearance but it rang up $0.75.
None of the creatology that was in our clearance section was a penny. I tried it the other day and it was ringing up as marked. There was a LOT of it there so I figured that was the case but I had to try...
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 AM

bbrubaker143 has posted more than 25 good deals
do the penny deals tend to vary by region or state? wondering if there are any patterns that can help narrow my search. Many items that some people found for a penny, were not yet a penny at my store. Has anybody noticed any trends? Anyone else in AZ want to be a mentor?

found some baskets and creatology items tonight. somehow I messed up my post and erased the whole thing. Will post upc's and pics tmrw :-)
Old 09-20-2013, 04:41 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!
I bought some really nice spring clearance items and pilar candles in June from michaels for a penny. She said since it didn't get pulled off the shelf I get the penny price.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:58 AM

peanutmadcow has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrubaker143 View Post
do the penny deals tend to vary by region or state? wondering if there are any patterns that can help narrow my search. Many items that some people found for a penny, were not yet a penny at my store. Has anybody noticed any trends? Anyone else in AZ want to be a mentor?

found some baskets and creatology items tonight. somehow I messed up my post and erased the whole thing. Will post upc's and pics tmrw :-)
Just a hint for you if you delete your post again, if you hit CTRL+Z everything you just erased will reappear:-) HTH in the future
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmadcow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:00 AM

I am so aggrivated that I can't find any penny baskets. I've checked my 2 Michaels 2 or 3 times the past 2 weeks and came up empty. It's really a bummer :-(
Old 09-20-2013, 05:01 AM

Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!Shayloveme4ever has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiengary View Post
I bought some really nice spring clearance items and pilar candles in June from michaels for a penny. She said since it didn't get pulled off the shelf I get the penny price.
Cool! Awesome that u found some stuff still bcuz mostly everything is cleared out now :/
Old 09-20-2013, 05:04 AM

I'm waiting for the next clearance to take place, I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next round, the day I find out they're getting new stuff for a penny I'm so on it, wondering if it will be after Halloween when they do the next round of penny items..... I'm able to find some items, just not the baskets like I want to
The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmadcow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:32 AM

Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman
"My Home" Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutmadcow

Just a hint for you if you delete your post again, if you hit CTRL+Z everything you just erased will reappear:-) HTH in the future
Seriously? That's life-changing information!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan

Join us in
!
The Following User Says Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieclark View Post
Seriously? That's life-changing information!
Yup try it it works, kid at work taught me that little short cut, it's saved me a lot of time and frustration over the years. When I was in college I typed a ton of papers and until I learned the short cut, I'd have to retype the information. I use the short cut all of the time. Saves my butt a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmadcow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 06:05 PM

bbrubaker143 has posted more than 25 good deals
Oh man I wish I knew that years ago. Would've saved a lot of frustration!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrubaker143 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
jhnicole has posted more than 400 great deals!jhnicole has posted more than 400 great deals!jhnicole has posted more than 400 great deals!jhnicole has posted more than 400 great deals!jhnicole has posted more than 400 great deals!
Yooou guyyyys! this is awesome thanks so much.I have never shopped in michaels but i think i got a 40% off coupon in my latest free issue of family fun magazine im excited.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 AM

is getting back into coupons
Coupon Clipping Shopaholic

My Mood/Status:
DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DanielleCT has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The .01 items went .01 a few weeks ago so most stores have pulled them since then. YOu really have to go on the first few days to get the best luck on finding something!
Mommy to Eric & Ian - 11 & 9
Furmom to Jax

Trading Weekly Insert Coupons (20+ of each)-I get them early on fridays!

IVDSO: .50/1 Snapple, .75/2 Powerade, & Pepsi 2 Liter Coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielleCT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleCT
The .01 items went .01 a few weeks ago so most stores have pulled them since then. YOu really have to go on the first few days to get the best luck on finding something!
Is there a cycle or time frame anyone has notice for penny items? Like is it usually the start of the month that new items go a penny?
Closed Thread